1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funk Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Mar 11, 2021.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And he'd win the suit again because his lawyers will once again argue that (paraphrasing here) anyone who gets information from Tucker Carlson is an idiot.

#161 bobrek, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    mdrowe00, FranchiseBlade and Ziggy like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But... outrage and simplicity are so much easier.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nvm

#163 fchowd0311, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW!

He is just leaning in to being a king **** stirrer, wearing a mask outdoors is repulsive and abusive?

WTF?

This seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Ubiquitin and edwardc like this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because they’re garbage.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker is just mad that we did not follow Brazil and India into another COVID apocalypse and we did not stick with the previous populist administration.

There are hot takes then there are inciting takes and this is as blatant an attempt as any to stir up violence.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

amen

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’ll come kick your ass for (essentially) punching your students in the face everyday, you sue Tucker, we retire made men in Cuba

who says no?

jiggyfly and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Dixie Chicks faint...

ROCKSS, Blatz, jiggyfly and 1 other person like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

"No competent human would believe any of the bullsh!t Tucker Carlson says."

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I picked up on some heavy racial overtones in this rank last night for Fu$ker CarlASSon.

Sure sounds like a situation where white Karen’s find a reason to call the cops on their black or brown Neigbors with some bs fake reason like this in the hopes they find another reason to arrest or worse.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yep. Or run them over with their cars. @StupidMoniker

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can't believe I took the bait.

This was all for show and causing the "Libs" and MSM to lose their minds.

This was all about having MSNBC comment on it for a couple of days so he can say he riled up the libs.

Its shameful that it has come to this just say the most outrages **** so the other network or party talks about it during a news cycle.

Its straight from the Trump playbook.

I got sucked.

15. dobro1229

Exactly. Fu$ker Carlson isn't an idiot. Him and his team along with people very high up in the GOP strategize about his messaging constantly. What he says is no accident, and highly scripted.

What is happening right now with Carlson is to distract the media from talking about Biden's achievements. The GOP thought that (and I still think they are banking on) a Covid disaster they could make the story of the day even though it's their fault for pushing antivaxxer and antimask wearing propaganda.

Right now Biden's Covid Bill and his Build Back Better Jobs plan are polling VERY high. The Covid Bill hasn't budged at all in the polling. That's a huge success, but right now FoxNews and Tucker have been able to keep Biden's personal polling averages low with their audience because of these distractions.

They know that the key to winning in 2022 and 24 is if the Economy is sh$t. Biden getting the BBB Jobs bill done would be the biggest blow to the Republicans chances of sabotaging the economy for a power grab. However if Biden is getting things done they can still hold the line with their base (like they are now) with distractions of faux culture wars, and white supremacy manifestos.

Where Republicans can still win is if the culture war is so hot and heavy that the independents in this country are completely turned off all together (ala 2010) because things are perceived as so toxic that they tune out. They are trying to recreate the 2010 playbook just in case Biden is actually pretty damn successful. It worked when Obama had just passed the biggest legislative achievement in a generation in the ACA, and the Dems got crushed because of FoxNews culture wars, and propaganda lying about the ACA.

So basically the GOP wins when we lose as a country. The more we lose as a society, and economy, the more they gain. Seems like a great bumper sticker pitch for a new generation of inspired Conservatives. Your party basically has the exact same objectives for America as Vladamir Putin, Kim Jung Un, & Viktor Orban.

#175 dobro1229, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    TheRealist137 and cheke64 like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with a lot of this but I don't see them being able to keep the boil going until 2022 at least not for enough people to go to the polls.

Trump has made it ok for government to help you and the Republican base sees nothing wrong with raising taxes on the rich and corporations since Trump has demonized big Tech and Amazon.

At some point they will tune a lot of this stuff out.

17. dobro1229

Oh totally. On the issues that's why the Covid Bill, and BBB are polling so high. Its TRUMPERS who actually like this stuff from a policy perspective. They know the Republicans have no way to sell small government, and deficit cut backs. It's about culture wars, and white nationalism that they think can hold the low income Trumpers who don't want to see trickle down economics.

Right now though Biden's approval rating is much lower than his policies which is what I think is driving their decision making to double down on distractions. The more they can let the Covid bill and BBB wash over their voters, independents, and also Democrats without noticing too much, the better they think they'll do. It's all noise to distract from successful governing which already shows is working in Biden's polling.

So I don't think they need to keep the Burger wars, and Kamala's free book fake stories as the lead for the forseable future... but I do think making themselves the story right now while the biggest legislative accomplishments are being done is going to have a huge impact IF THE MEDIA TAKES THE BAIT, and makes Tucker Carlson the story instead of Biden's accomplishments.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This picture reminded me of this epic Quannell smackdown.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I have a toddler. Getting them to wear a mask is difficult at best.

Making it a misdemeanor for them to not wear a mask is ****ing stupid.