1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Just pointing on your double standard. You telling me Draymond green a 4 time all star and former defensive player of the year is one of the worst players in the league? Like his offense is pretty bad but he is still a huge plus on the defensive end and has a positive win share. Then you gonna tell me Josh Smith was a good player that season even though his win shares were 0 and he was so bad he got cut by one team that season.... cmon, there is no way Draymond is one of the worst players in the league.... he still contributes more to winning than the entire 2021 Houston rockets except JaSean Tate...

jiggyfly and MettaWorldPete like this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

If I hear one more time that this warriors team is trash outside of curry I’m gonna lose my mind. Are you blind...Wiggins, bazemore, Poole, draymond, looney, oubre and a healthy wiseman should be much better than their current record

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If it wasn't for Curry this Warriors team might not have a win.

T for 3 likes this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I got that Draymond take about him being one of the worst players in the league from Zach Lowe when he had a warriors beat guy on. They do a whole episode on this warriors team....Josh smith was good for us that year....evaluating guys strictly on win shares...especially if you aren’t talking about the engine of a team like harden....I don’t think is that informative.

5. HardenVolumeOne

exept for the time, curry missed a road game againist the grizzlies in march and wiggins had 40 points 8 rebounds and 6 assists in a WIN

RHU525 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden would have carried that supporting cats to WCF

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

So listening to the biased media talk is a better way of getting your information? There is no way Draymond isn't still a good defender and 0 chance he is not better than Josh Smith was that season. In another post y'all talk about rookies not playing smart as your argument. Draymond is one of the smartest players in the league. Josh Smith was one of the biggest boneheads the league has seen.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

what we know for a fact is this Rocket team lost James Harden and proceeded to lose 20 straight games...... who's been carrying scrubs??

#2108 RHU525, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    vlaurelio likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Zach Lowe isn't biased at all. He's probably the most objective NBA talking head there is. So you're talking about how good Draymond still is defensively. He's a complete zero on offense. Josh Smith was better for us offensively than what he is for the warriors right now. No question.

#2109 T for 3, Apr 24, 2021
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Doubtful since his moving screens are what get Curry open for threes.
    Zach Lowe is for sure biased just like every other media member. Just this year he left Harden off his all star ballot. Like what???? He put 12 dudes in the East over James Freaking Harden.....

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Moving screens!? haha I rest my case.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol.. sure Buddy. The thing about Draymond being bad at offense this year actually helps Curry put up big scoring numbers. The difference between him and josh smith is that even though they both can't shoot. Josh Smith chucks it up every time while Draymond will hold the ball and wait for Curry to get open and give it back or help him get open. Smart is always better.

Josh Smith had some good games as a Rocket but he was nowhere near a good player. As everyone says James Harden just makes the game soo much easier for them.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I'm not saying Smith is as good a player as Green. I'm saying he was better that year for us than Green is now. If all you can say he does is set screens then that settles it imo. You should listen to that podcast episode its informative because Lowe has a Warriors writer on. If anyone is not going to be biased negatively its a team's own beat writer.

#2113 T for 3, Apr 24, 2021
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Whar are you talking about? I said he was better because of DEFENSE. If Draymond averaged 0 pts a game he'd still be better cuz of his DEFENSE. Anything he does offensively is a bonus.

Lol why would a warriors beat writer not be negative towards Draymond? People hate him right now he speaks out too much on political topics. Owners probably want to mute him and to do that they go through their peons which are the media to make that happen. Throw out hit pieces about he sucks and isn't worth his contract. Similar to all the crap Tillman said about CP3 new deal.

just look at this forum we are all fans and we all hate almost every player on our roster. Your local media will be the most biased positively or negatively and it's always been that way...

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You are obsessing over All-Star Draymond. That's not who he is this year. Defense and offense he hasn't been good. Oh bs. GS people don't hate him. You are pulling that out of your ass.

16. omgTHEpotential

My opinion on Steph made a 180 this year. Dude is carrying a team full of scrubs (or way overpaid role players) to the playoffs.

T for 3 likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Its amazing how many people in this thread will tell you that oubre and wiggins are more than overpaid role players.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No one ever said his team was good. And yes Oubre and Wiggins were overpaid. We were just stating Harden has carried worse teams to much higher seeds.

Don't get me wrong what Curry is doing is incredible but this just shows you how great Harden was. Curry only made it to 11 games, Harden did 32 straight. Also Hardens style is more conducive to winning and carrying in regular season. Since he has the ball in his hands all the time he gets to dictate the game more. Neither way will work in the playoffs without good teammates but in the regular season no one has carried like Harden except for Lebron.

19. HardenVolumeOne

when harden had a .500 record in 2016 with a worst cast of teammates than what cury has now nobody in the media thought it was impressive. Infact they didnt even vote him all-nba

my stance on curry hasnt changed

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

Oubre and Wiggins are miles better than than brewer, delfino, ariza, jordan hamilton, luc and are probably on the same level as pre injury parsons