1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Marvel TV] Falcon and Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The flag smashers looked like they were hired off the driver’s license renewal line

Easily the worst bad guys ever in any marvel series
    They are just boring
    They are worse than the Chitari aliens from the avengers and those dudes were CGI

Invisible Fan, robbie380 and Jontro like this.
  2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I like the show, and I've been keeping up with it, but the characters and the scenes are a bit...predictable.

So 2 shots to the gut and you can kill anyone with super serum within seconds. "I'm sorry." Right.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This has always been an issue with comics. You can have characters with all kinds of powers like Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, AntMan, Flash, Green Lantern, on and on but their powers don’t make them bulletproof or less susceptible to injury. There’s really no good explanation why they don’t end up dead from falling out of a building or car crash, explosion, punched by a super soldier or whatever. All of the aforementioned should have been like Lemar a million times.

Invisible Fan and tinman like this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Honestly, didn't love the finale.

This show has done an amazing job of attacking hard questions and creating gray characters. It felt like the finale was written by a completely different team. Hammy dialogue, characters acting in a way that almost entirely ignores how they behaved previously, and just general disneyness. The show had actively avoided taking the path of least resistance, and then in the finale it, for the most part , did.

I didn't think it was terrible or anything, but it felt very lacking compared to how hard they went in the previous 2 episodes.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I liked the show but the finale wasn't very good. I thought Falcon came off kind a corny as Cap. That's unfortunate. The action with the wings and the shield was smother than I thought it was going to be though. That was good at least.

US Patriot was redeemed way too easily; I thought he was going in there to mess up stuff for Sam and Bucky, not team up.

I really hate the "That's not Black Falcon, That's Captain America!" hated that! I felt the earth roll it's eyes, lol

#245 DreamShook, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Marvel can be so frustrating

tinman likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

It was corny and predictable
    Which was most of the show
    Oh gee I wonder if they are going to fix that boat so we can have a coors light moment at the end
    They spend filler plot instead of character development

Jontro likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Anthony Mackey played a corny Tupac in that Biggie series
    Nothing has changed

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The slander toward Anthony Mackey is too high!

tinman likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

DreamShook likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

"I'm Tupac!"

DreamShook and tinman like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

“I’m Captain America!’

DreamShook likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Can someone thoroughly explain why Steve Rogers died of old age? I continually hear stuff like "he was frozen in ice for 70 years, so that slowed his aging, when he re-lived his life in End Game he didn't freeze, so he aged slower than normal people, but faster than no ice."

Well, Isaiah sure as hell wasn't frozen in ice and wouldn't he be about the same age as Steve Rogers? Isaiah looks 60-70s in the show, but he is likely much older than that bc he has the super serum.

That continuity error is really annoying me. Maybe someone can clarify.

Jontro and robbie380 like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Roids

15. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I think they said he was a Korean War vet so slightly younger than Rogers, but yeah he's still old as hell in 2020-something.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm not too big into Marvel... I usually call my comic book nerd homeboy to answer questions after every Marvel project I've seen...... The fact that I didn't even bother to call him pretty much sums up my view of this series... It was ok... Ending was straight up corny... But what else is new

Jontro and tinman like this.
  17. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Is it confirmed he is actually dead? Maybe he's just in hiding or whatever?

Guess the storyline will be finished in the next Captain America movie (done by the same team, so who know how that will work out. Maybe they've got a long-game plan, and this was just the first act?)

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Most superhero movies are like building sandcastles. Things usually resolve back to the status quo at the very end. Some might say Marvel movies are mostly commercials for the crossovers but that trope is mostly there for that character's universe.

With TV, it's even harder to make changes because it also affects movies and you can't spend more than 5 minutes of movie time wrapping up what happened during a season.

The shows are gonna get this dynamic of things falling back into place.
    Isaiah's superpower:
    Black don't crack.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Show wasn't terrible, and mostly in line with lowered tv expectations.

I mean...it's as good or better than a Sony or Fox marvel movie.

I can't believe wakandans made that Captain America suit, looks loud and proud af. Does he get panther suit powers? Looked like it.

Didn't like the predictable PB reveal. Maybe Sharon Carter kills Captain America.

Think they glossed over Walker's redemption arc. Dude is still homicidal.

Did not know a potluck montage with neighbors can replace a bank loan or finance a money sink boat.

Super soldier? More like super dweebs. They're supposed to be muscle for the seediest underworld, yet all they do is look at each other anxiously waiting for their master to tell them to bark or roll over. Wut's killing...all me do is break bad guys arm, deliver drugs or weapons. Me has soul.

They did too much with that speech to try to wrap up why he took the mantle, but it's one of those issues where putting another episode would drag things. It's almost like the "politics in sports" debate...People want escapism but they also want emotional connections to reality when they watch.

tinman and robbie380 like this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I told you!

tinman likes this.