1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York City Hate Crimes: Owner's cat killed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Apr 21, 2021.

?

PLM

1. Pets lives matter

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Police leaving matters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There have always been people who find things offensive or inappropriate for their children. There will always be those who don't care who they offend, or what they do. Nothing new. The only difference is people are more vocal now, on both sides of the spectrum. Cancel culture is just a term used by those who don't care if people find offense in certain things, to try and make a big deal out of it. The hysteria is so ridiculous. There are bigger problems in this country to be outraged over.

#21 deb4rockets, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're right, but people are more outraged about Pepe Le Pew than real life people killing the cat of regular citizen in the park.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

no not really. A private company decided to do what they did with that cartoon. That isn't a indication of outrage. Next thing you are going to tell me people were outraged about Dr. Seuss. The only outrage that existed was the outrage to the imaginary outrage.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

This obviously happened on the East Coast
    Kids in the south love cats and dogs and birds

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I sure hope you got your fix from this.

Make a thread and then get off on derailing it with nonsensical post.

Whatever gets you through the day.

Newlin and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

I sincerely wonder if he actually thinks he's funny?

Newlin and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tinman, nobody actually gave a damn about Pepe Le Pew or Dr. Seuss or whatever else, let’s be real

the main ones who were crying about stuff like that were right wingers on social media pretending like they still watch or care about the things they were raging about...everybody else went about their day

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Is he going to be in space jam ?
    Yeah he got canceled

And the Chicago car jackings were blamed by a politician on grand theft auto

just being real

keep politicians out of art and video games

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

And does anybody actually care that he’s not gonna be in Space Jam? We’re supposed to believe that grown people genuinely care that Pepe Le Pew won’t be in Space Jam? The same way people were pretending they cared about Elmer Fudd not having a gun, yet the new Looney Tunes still gets a 90% average audience score on Rotten Tomatoes? It’s just a bunch of fake outrage from people online over inconsequential decisions.

Who was this politician?

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

Some random state legislator.

The amount of time @tinman has outraged about the outrage on these things is more than the entire planet's social media posts showing outrage over these cartoons.

#30 fchowd0311, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

we need to stop acting like because 1 person proposed something, it means it’s some widespread belief or something a majority of people are calling for

Are we gonna have some manufactured “war on cartoons” fake outrage thing now?

these decisions by these companies are so inconsequential, but people are acting like it’s some big deal...as if Pepe Le Pew is gonna make or break Space Jam or Elmer Fudd having a scythe instead of a gun changed anything...the new Looney Tunes was still thouroughly enjoyed by most that watched it. so all that outrage over his gun being taken away was for nothing

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I could care less about some cartoon. I think most people see that hysteria as just people with nothing better to do than find something silky to raise hell about, and then people raising hell about people raising hell. It's a vicious circle of BS. I think most people would be more outraged over the killing of a cat and that psycho family honestly.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

It doesn't even make the national news. The only reason why it made some news is that cat had a huge instagram following

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not going to watch Space Jam and I bet you it's not going to do as well as the original Space Jam

Michael Jordan organizing a Dream Team is just fiction because he's all about winning the right way

LeBron joining a stacked team is reality not a cartoon
    @J.R. @Os Trigonum

J.R. likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Just goes to show how much violence happens in America when crap like that doesn't even make the national news. We don't see all the murders in Houston daily on national news either. The news isn't long enough to fit in all that stuff. But, I agree, that story is so twisted and bizarre that it should have been on the national news instead of some of the crap they show over and over and over.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Me either. Those type shows are for kids. Nothing about it interests me.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

The stacked team with LeBron wins
    @J.R.
    No plot

J.R. likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My ex used to try to put her cat on a leash and it didn't work well at all. Besides that the cat hated it she would get herself tangled up all the time.

I've seen some pretty well trained cats but I'm pretty skeptical that this is something most people can do.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. By over protective I meant that they took their child's side and attacked even though their child was completely in the wrong and likely heading down a course of much greater trouble.