1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe there's a little driver hiding inside the chasis.

Sajan likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

You know, cos it's China I considered that possiblity haha, but the alerts on the screen look legit.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It sounds more realistic than the car being radio controlled...cuz China.

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Loaded up at $1.54 today. Phase 3 results in May. CEO and Chairman previously bought at $1.54 back in 2019 and have never sold.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

TYVM! Any gaming stocks that you have high conviction in? What are your latest plays?

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This thread should be the basis for a straight to VOD/ low budget streaming movie called... The Wolves of Main Street

@Netflix

7. adoo

adoo Member

BLSH matters,

buy low sell high that is

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

9. adoo

adoo Member

insofar as subscription growth, nflx disappointed analysts on its 4-19-21 ERS, and is being punished for it.

[​IMG]
    from another perspective, in addition to beating the EPS estimate, NFLX continues to generate great cashflow, to where it will no longer need external financing to fund its operation.
    and it may even do stock buyback.

i am betting tht NFLX will bounce off the low trading channel; placed an order to sell a 10-pt BULLISH PUT spread---using Jun expiration--- for a premium of $5.10, defining my max risk of $4.90

• bto 505 PUT, sto 515 PUT

saitou likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

wow i wasn't paying attention, really good volume today

11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I would be wary of any gaming stock that has exposure to IOS over the next 3 months. We're all expecting a significant drop in revenue from in-app purchases and in-app ad revenue over the next quarter due to this IOS privacy change coming on Monday. I would expect the Zynga's of the world to bring it up in their next earnings calls and it could be cause for lowering guidance. This will eventually sort itself out as the industry adapts to the change but it will take weeks, if not months or quarters to figure out new models and strategies.

My only long-term holds right on are BA (travel), DIS (travel/streaming), CHD (condoms), MP (rare earth), LYSCF (rare earth), NEBC (pets), WOOF (pets), TBA (ecommerce/office supplies), and RTP (eVTOL). All my other positions I'm waiting for a pop to unwind or waiting for a SPAC to get assigned. I'm still bearish on the market overall and looking to increase my cash allocation.

Besides that, I'm waiting for ANPDF (winter Olympics play) and ASOMY (back to school clothing play), and AAPL (the new privacy change will hurt them short-term but should be a boon for them long-term) to pull back before taking positions there.

CCity Zero, Invisible Fan and saitou like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The sell-off was overblown. And the reporting - expected. Almost... strange. Melvin Capital owns (or owned?) - $25mil worth. Conspiracy theories. Lulz.

Don't forget this stock JUST had a baby lift off Sony-related news. Cant go wrong long.

saitou likes this.
  13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AAPL@131.57

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I traded some AAPL contracts today that worked out decently - $132c 4/23, but only made them daytrades. I basically waited for the smallish dip to enter after open and was out fairly early. Are you holding this for product releases/earnings etc or making it long term?

I'm watching it again tomorrow if I have time to watch for another momentum play again or maybe TSLA depending on PM... I really should have gone with TSLA today for the momentum but was hoping Apple would go a little more and at safer pace. On TSLA you can blink when trading momentum on contracts and be in trouble.

Plowman likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Are you saying to buy or sell? Any views on latest product news?

Currently a hold for me, some of us added during recent dip, my calls expire jan 22, don't see any reason to sell yet, don't feel like buying above my avg price either.

Plowman likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I was mainly playing off the small dip today but am curious too... , I know earnings and products are next week so I'm thinking a small run hopefully in short term.

But then on the other hand - market craziness and I am behind on the latest news on epic/Apple suit. I think if you're holding though and calls out to Jan you'll probably be good regardless imo - but I lately have been doing very short term daytrade contracts in tsla/fubu/aapl and even MGM in this market. I will leave some in play but try to close most unless things are looking really good or I have made enough wins to cover risk of an overnight hold. I started doing this switch up recently and it has been working for now - as long as the iv and momentum continues.

saitou likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm about to help their earnings and getting a new imac. pretty color or grey...i dunno

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I haven't bought any Apple products recently but their M1 procs and specs on the new imacs are looking great.

peleincubus likes this.
  19. akash22

akash22 Member

I’m fairly new to options. Currently focused on selling calls. Any good stocks yall recommend for selling calls? AMC is good so far for me.

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

depends on what you're aiming for. i mainly sell covered calls on stocks i'm holding for medium/long term with high IV that i am unsure on in the near term. a lot of my fav tech stocks have been beaten down so much lately tho, i'm not selling calls anymore, looking to buy calls. there are more complex strategies for call selling, but i like to keep it simple, minimize stupid mistakes.

Even my fav penny stocks are looking positive again, and they are usually the last ones to join the party after the big caps, feeling optimistic.

#16140 saitou, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    CCity Zero likes this.