1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd Murder Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 11, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He was also preloading an excuse by saying that it's unfortunate that many people want a guilty verdict just because of potential riots implying that might have been part of the jury's consideration. He's being coy and being bad at it.

superfob, noize, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

All his supervisors and the Police Chief pretty much did saying he went against policy.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

he really thinks he’s slick and can fool anyone

it’s obvious he wanted to see a not guilty verdict, and yeah, he comes up with nonsense for why Chauvin is unfairly found guilty like fear of riots...and since Chauvin was correctly found guilty, all he can say is he respects the jurors decision and can’t give an informed opinion because he doesn’t actually agree with the verdict but knows that wanting Chauvin to be found not guilty is sh*tty and can’t be defended...I see right through his little game

FrontRunner, noize, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

My fear was that what he was doing was their legitimate training/policy. I'm so glad it turned out it wasn't.

deb4rockets, fchowd0311 and Andre0087 like this.
  5. SuraGotMadHops

You and @fchowd0311 can hug each other's nuts all day, I don't have to explain myself to you two clowns. Nothing unreasonable about what I'm saying here or in other threads. Again, just itching for something to fight about.

Roc Paint likes this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I've got an itch on my left ballsack...can you come alleviate my distress and scratch it for me?

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can go cry in your pillow that Chauvin was found guilty

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

As I see it, if it wasn't for that video taken by a 9 yr old girl, Chauvin would have walked. His defense simply could not overcome the sight of him kneeling on George Floyd's neck with that smug cavalier look on his face. I have to disagree with you on the defense's strategy because they basically used the same strategy used by the cops in the Rodney King trial (the big, scary black man who could not be stopped no matter what). And, it might have worked if not for that video. Oh, and a suggestion for the defense: next time try not to use defense experts from South Africa's aparteid era. Not a good look, unless you're Canadian Ted or Sean Hannity whom I certain were cheering on the sideline.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

reminder just how critical filming interactions with the police can be

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Why do white people hate me?

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Open racism.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  13. SuraGotMadHops

bahahahahaha I love how you have convinced yourself that I'm somehow disappointed that Chauvin was found guilty. I specifically said the jury has gotten it right by me. Keep that wild imagination son. Your trolling entertains me.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

KingCheetah likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised they stuck with that argument that long and it was a very strange moment when Chauvin's defense attorney when through it again during closing and then said we don't know for sure how much CO played a role or how much the car was giving out. The most I can figure was trying to bait the prosecution into entering an ME report that showed FLoyd didn't have elevated CO levels that wasn't originally entered. The judge had threatened that he would declare a mistrial if the prosecution did that.
    The defense did have evidence saying that the prone position wasn't dangerous in the form of some studies. The problem though is that those studies didn't address issues of it being applied that long.

Since I know @jiggyfly loves it when we rehash arguments I will say that I did tell you how you could experience this for yourself, in a way that might not kill you. While this technique is used frequently I've never heard of it being put on for this long and it's possible there isn't good video of it being up on for that long or in that exact manner.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How so?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

u thinking you’re fooling anyone is quite amusing...wipe your tears

maybe Arbery’s murderers will have better luck in court and u will have something to celebrate

JayGoogle and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

lol

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Exactly...your boy is going to prison and justice has been served.