1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol paperrater, non-target huh.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I
    mean dude.... you barely speak one language. There’s a possibility you can get partial disability for that though.

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

No, YOU sound foolish.

Who has more potential to go to an All Star game or All NBA. One high end pick, or say...three?

Fwiw, since you asked, but clearly haven't bothered looking yourself...HERE are the odds. Note that 1-5 all fairly even (hence, yes indeed, more picks there MUCH more likely to yield high level talent) but also that the #3 pick EXCEEDS the liklihood for the #1 pick. So, you could trade down there, pick up additional picks AND have a higher chance of getting that star.

Foolish? Really?? Let me put it this way. Someone following my philosophy will likely build a better team much faster than someone following yours. Crazy like a fox...

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

here we go with somebody clueless trying to act like they know what they’re talking about

Once u get past the top 5, the odds drop tremendously. Fools like u think trading away a top pick for some lower lottery pick is the way to go. Hilarious

so yeah, foolish...let me put it this way, people that would choose quantity over quality make me laugh...u go ahead and build your little mediocre team

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Who said anything about trading out of the top five??

And what is it with your inability to post without being demeaning? Sign of a weak mind. So, wear that proudly...and consider what that then also says about your argument.

6. pass_to_Hakeem

Nah ..... they deserve this pick and hopefully Cunningham will be as advertised

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  7. rockets13champs

This isn’t the nfl draft all the superstars franchise changers are in the top 5. After that ur taking ur chances on role players or starters. Very rare like very rare to find a star outside lottery to end of draft

8. rockets13champs

I this draft yes I do feel number 4 is a sure thing.

suggs or green. Both will be all stars in my opinion

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

The OP of this very thread said trading down the #1 overall pick with OKC, who at the time of this thread was at 6th, to select Davion Mitchell. Did u even read it?

u are the one who quoted me trying to make me look dumb like I actually think a lot of the guys on this tank roster are key parts moving forward, yet u don’t even know the context of this thread making u look like a damn fool...I’m not with that nonsense

#89 Reeko, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would trade down a few spots if Cade-Green-Mobley are gone when we pick.

Only reason to trade down slightly IMO.

Otherwise you stay put and take 1 of the 3 consensus best players in the draft.

Or if teams start bidding war for Suggs.

But Davion Mitchell should not be target, I prefer 6'9 Scottie Barnes, 6'11 Kai Jones, 6'9 Jalen Johnson or 6'9 Usman Garuba.

#90 D-rock, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    fattz and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If trading down from 6...the slot range just changes (ie, 6-10, rather than 1-5).

No, YOU made it look like you thought a lot about the players on this roster. I merely pointed that out. Bt by all means continue preening in front of the mirror, if that makes you feel better. No one else pays much attention.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

No, I didn’t make it look like anything. U were clueless about the context of the thread, and then made an idiotic judgement based off of that. Read the OP next time and actually understand what is being posted before quoting someone a bunch of nonsense. Maybe that will help u not look as foolish moving forward.

next

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

In a vacuum , I can’t say right now . You might even trade down if you get #1 . Maybe your scouting staff has a different assessment.

all depends on the value .

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Always, ALWAYS go for the best individual player. So no.

D-rock likes this.
  15. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

In the NBA you go for the biggest talent, every time. No thanks

16. vick

vick Member

No way. You tank to build up team not to get Tilman a good player on a cheap contract. Top 4 pick should at least turn into a all start at some point.

17. Landry's Tooth

Top of my head...

Giannis
    Kawhi
    P George
    Dirk
    Nash
    Kobe
    McGrady
    Jokic
    Murray
    Pierce
    Butler
    Lillard
    Mitchell
    Booker
    Aldridge

Compare to...

Darko
    Oladipo
    Fultz
    J Jackson
    Bagley
    Kwame
    Olawakandi
    Oden
    Wiggins
    J Parker

Plenty in both directions... probabilities better with top 5 but the difference isn't what you think it is...

fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

I started the thread because Baylor was showing what we lack, 3 pt shooting and perimeter defense... trading down is an opportunity to snag that.

Cade is the better talent but not sure if he makes us better than adding a direct infusion of a need...

I also worry Cade could limit Porter's development more than Baylor's guys who have worked a 3 guard rotation and share well... first picks have egos...

Not saying i would but i would look close if offer was reasonable....

19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I think it’s probably pretty close to equally likely that any of the top 5 could be multi year all stars, but I don’t know that any of them look like generational type talents. If
    You wanted to trade down within the top 5, and you got a pick next year that was unprotected from a team you thought might suck I suppose I’d call a meeting about it. But probably best not to overthink it and just draft the top player on your board.

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Unless you have a top 5 player or someone top 8 with potential of top 5 you are not going to be a Conteder in this league. Rockets have had 3 picks in the first round twice in my life time and both times they came away with nothing. That is why I would keep a top 3 pick

Corrosion likes this.