1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020/21 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Aware

Aware Member

punishing players with being banned from international play would be just as dumb as the super league. its not like players had a say on this and its not like uefa/fifa are free of blame for many of the things wrong with football.

Just a **** situation all around. smaller teams lose on those magical nights where your team draw a giant and fans lose by getting stuck with likely another subscription service and such. seems unlikely anyone will back out at this point, so i hope there can be some compromises.

2. malakas

malakas Member

The evil mastermind lays out his plans.

Football is too long. Not enough $ and ads?

We should turn it into 4 15 minutes quarters with 10 minutes of ads.

Not enough goals and highlights?

We should have a shotclock and penalty kickouts while disney half naked cheerleaders dance in the background.

If we don't get money football is dead!!:rolleyes:

This is why UEFA and FIFA should immediately take out the heavy hammer and obliterate them.

It is an existential threat to football and the our whole club sports system.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

It is not dumb at all. It is called consequences.

If my company gets bankrupt I an employee may lose my retirement fund or have to work overtime without pay or get fired.

If these players think it is unfair they can sue their teams because of a breach of contract and demand transfers.
    Something that the rest of working people can't.

These teams have ILLEGALLY already signed contracts and created a league. Against the law.
    They must face the consequences in every part of the organisation and extent.
    Government, UEFA and FIFA and country leagues.

4. Aware

Aware Member

consequences for what? they've done nothing
    if fifa goes on and tries to freeze the players from the world cup and deprive the world of seeing them play then **** fifa too

Further proof of how **** fifa is. they have no problems taking bribes and looking the other way for certain people but now that they face losing millions they want throw all their weight around.

fifa pulls this and they will be done. you have no idea how much the wold cup means to the americas. pull this because a european problem and you will see some wild **** 100%.

involving national teams makes it no longer just a euro club problem.

5. malakas

malakas Member

If I work for a sactioned company "I" may have done nothing wrong myself but as with my identity as an employee I will also face the consequences.

These players will have the right to demand their contracts end since their employers have broken the law. If they refuse to do so, because they can't get as much money by the rest of "poor" not dirty dozen teams then accept the consequences.

And I am sorry but big deal!:rolleyes: Consequences of not playing for their NT. This doesn't even compare with what regular people have to face when their company is sactioned where at best they will be left jobless!

Fck FIFA?
    You don't compare a burglar with a murderer!
    One may be corrupt and have 1000 crimes but nothing compares with an outright bloody murder.

And if FIFA is a mafia even better. For who better to deal with billionaire murderers than some mafiosos.

6. Aware

Aware Member

imagine thinking you can ban messi from the world cup and its not going to blow up in your face. or ronaldo, and just about every world class player from all across the world lmao

even usnmt would lose players

fifa will not win that.
    its more likely that fifa would be abolish than that happening tbh

honestly seems like they are going to have to find a way to make the best of it because the power is with the clubs. people will watch.

7. Aware

Aware Member

we are talking sports here my guy not a normal job lol

pls get your tounge off fifas boot.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Sports. We are told ALL THE TIME by these owners that sports is just a business so we should stop complaining and accept the inevitable.
    We are insulted and spit on the face as only "legacy" fans and have no rights, no say for OUR FCKING CLUB.

Since sports is just a business then athletes are just employees who have the same rights as every regular worker.
    Your company broke the law?
    Too bad that you have to pay for it with no fault of your own.

9. Aware

Aware Member

Its not going to happen. fifa will bend over because these particular clubs run world football.

as far as the world cup, just imagine adidas being cool with not showcasing messi or nike with ronaldo. imagine all the sponsor that payed a premium because the best would be there. tv contracts and all that.

i get your anger and i agree its a shitty situation but banning players from the world cup would be the end of fifa.

10. Aware

Aware Member

There was a time in the 50's where the colombian league broke up from fifa and tis generally considered the best time for the colombian league.. until the cartels started pumping in money in the 80's.

Di Estefano played there for millonarios

You dont need fifa to play football and fifa needs to be smart about this

11. malakas

malakas Member

Creating a closed no promotion no relegation league is the first step in american style sports franchisement.

A lot has been said for how unfair but also crucial the contribution of the rich football clubs is for the rest of pyramid.

But the pyramid isn't only about professional football mens teams.

I can't say with certainty about other countries maybe @Yung-T or others can say but here, clubs are the heart of all sports.
    The pyramid isn't only professional men football.
    The pyramid is amateur sports, youth academies, other sports.

A club has youth academies and amateur and profesional teams in track and field,basketball, swimming, volleyball wrestling etc etc. who not only teach children, but also helps and promotes olympic unpopular sports.
    The men football is the breadwinner and the one who attracts sponsors and fans so everyone can benefit

I only have played football twice in my life because it is not a girl's popular sports. But I have learned and been a part of sports club in girl bball swimming and waterpolo.

If you take away the men football club you take away ALL our amateur and youth sports skeleton.

So you don't get my anger.
    It is not only about football it is about all sports.

I will stand fully behind FIFA to ban all and everyone from the murder of club athletics.
    I don't give a damn if the WC is trash and even only amateurs participate.

I have no pity and mercy for destroying sports in europe with franchisement.

12. Aware

Aware Member

thats pretty eurocentric there but you guys deal with it however you want just dont involve us in the americas and our national teams.

i imagine the rest of the world feels the same way.

13. malakas

malakas Member

But this is about european sports and teams. The games are played in europe!
    The clubs were created by locals and are mainly financed by the blood sweat and tears of locals who pay money for tickets, uniforms, season ticket etc.

Should I accept my local club destroyed because of foreign fans? NO!

Other countries can have their own teams who stops them?
    If Asia or America doesn't like how football or sport is played in europe create your own version of football and play it there.

14. Aware

Aware Member

i know how football works lol

regardless, it really doesnt matter since it wont happen but banning players from the world cup would end fifa. too much money would be lost by the sponsors and too many national teams would be involved.

good luck to your club cause there is no turning back now

15. malakas

malakas Member

Anything is futile if there is no resistance.

But also nothing can be accomplished without any effort.

No turning back? We will see about this.

If noone resists only then there is no turning back.

If Liverpool "legacy" hooligans burn down their own stadium I want to see how there will be no turning back.

16. Aware

Aware Member

More or less how i feel about fifa as a savior.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean if a sports organizations become woke and fight with the activists, all things go to ish anyways.

This is not their job to do it publicly, I would imagine.

They could hand things over to other organizations to investigate said labor matters though.

We are talking different topics here - social and political issues vs Greed and money in Football.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Messi and Ronaldo are going to be old any way.

Probably meant Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho and Foden.

19. malakas

malakas Member

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-city-have-super-league-doubts-says-executive

Chelsea and Manchester City have Super League doubts, says executive
    • Fewer than half of 12 clubs believed to be ‘fanatics’ of idea
    Chelsea and Manchester City are wavering about joining the European Super League, according to a well-placed executive at another club approached to join the breakaway league.

The Guardian also understands there were discussions in the wings of the Uefa congress in Montreux on Tuesday about whether the two clubs might do a U-turn after the negative public backlash and growing pressure from governments and leagues since the announcement.

Those opposed to the breakaway believe that fewer than half the 12 clubs are considered “fanatics”, who will back the Super League no matter what. The others have joined because they believe they will be financially better off – either if it goes ahead or by wrangling concessions from Uefa – or they reluctantly entered because they feared missing out. Chelsea and Manchester City are believed to be in the latter camp.

Who are the "fanatics"?
    Real Madrid, Man U, Liverpool and likely Juve.

Real Madrid president yesterday night said "we have signed a contract noone can leave anymore" which to me, sounds like a warning and a threat to other conspirators.

That's why we have to fight and make it as punitive as possible and also give a way out for the arabs and russians to change their mind.
    As for the spaniards who are bankrupt and the greedy americans they are a lost cause. Those, just ban them.
    The fewer they are the less dangerous they are.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Atletico too.

malakas likes this.