1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Body Cam Video released in March shooting of Chicago-area 13-year-old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DVauthrin, Apr 15, 2021.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

Which movie?

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That pic is before he put the gun down how do you put the gun on the ground and then turn around with your hands up in a split sec?

If you watch the other video you can see him going behind the fence and putting the gun on the ground stand up put his hands up and turn around that's why I say it was not a split sec.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but Houston doesn't have a catchy nickname that conservatives have latched onto so it isn't as bad.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. This truly is a split second decision and the timing of it from what I've seen is very hard to determine. As we've debated with other LEO shootings we have to consider the totality of the situation and not just a single image.

ElPigto, Andre0087 and DonnyMost like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It was not a split second decision he put the gun behind the fence stood and turned around and he did what the officer said and he still shot him.

How is it a split second decision if the officer made a command and the kid complied.

I am not saying things happened fast but it was not a split second decision at no time did the kid point anything at the officer and his hands where above his head before he turned around.

So when exactly was the split second?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The bullet being fired and striking the kid's body.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Too Soon.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

no s*** its before he put the gun down. its in his right hand. youre being ridiculous again. im starting to wonder if you have even watched the officers body cam video that was in the first post.

what other video? are you claiming there is a different video that shows toledo doing something different than what we see in the officers body cam video? i have not seen that. post it. for once, back up your claims with actual proof.

and once again, you are making an inaccurate comment regarding what we can all see with our own eyes. he never went behind the fence and he never had to "stand up" because he never kneeled down to toss the gun.

at this point you have made multiple false statements regarding what we can all see with our own eyes and when challenged you cant back up your claims...again, im not even sure you have watched the video.

and you seem obsessed with the "split second" comment for some reason.

again, ive watched the body cam video over a half dozen times at this point. as ive already said, theres about two seconds from when he stops to when he turns around and the cop made a "split second" decision as toledo was turning around. he had the gun, tossed it from his right hand and as he was turning to put his hands up you cant see his right side.

10. jo mama

thats not what happened. for someone who is so hung up on the semantics of what a "split second" means it seems odd that you would claim that he "stood and turned" when we can all clearly see on video that he was never kneeling, sitting or crouching down in any way whatsoever.

no they werent.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What are you talking about?

Yeah no **** its in his right hand before he put the gun down so that means he put the gun down stood up put his hands over his head and turned around after the cop says show me your hands how the hell is all of tha done in a split second.

And I am the one being ridiculous?

The kid has stopped and the cop stops and says show me your ****ing hands the kid puts his hands up and slowly turns.

It's amazing that you refuse to see that,

Have you seen this video.

The cops comes to a stop while he is throwing the gun away and it's clear he has his hands up before he turned around.

Its 3 seconds.

Yes I am obsessed with the split second because the cop was never longer than 30 yards away and he allowed the kid to come to a complete stop lean over and throw the gun away,, then the cop runs closer to him commands him to show his hands and then he shoots him.

That is not a split second.

So what was the decision he made to shoot him?

The fact that he turned around?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Look at the other dideo he leaned over to drop the gun, that's what I meant by stood up.

Why the are you focusing on that.

And you are the one talking semantics?

It was 3 seconds when he stopped dropped the gun and turned around and why do keep ignoring the fact that his hands are up?

13. jo mama

no he didnt. youre just making stuff up at this point.

im not focusing on anything...im just pointing out that youre lying.

im couting 2 seconds...but whatever. for the sake of the ridiculous argument youre making lets say 3. and im not ignoring the fact that his hands were up at the very moment he was shot. but that in no way changes what ive been saying this whole time which is that he drops the gun from his right hand as he is turning around and his hands were not fully up and visible till he turned around.

you have made multiple false statements here regarding what went down and you keep changing what youre saying. you seem very confused about all of this. or youre just arguing for the sake of arguing.

14. jo mama

again, he did not stand up because he was in no way sitting, leaning, bending over or squatting as he tossed the gun. and he did not put his hands up before turning around. youre either lying or stupid.

yes.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

not sure if y'all been discussing all orders given by the cop. His last two orders are "Drop it. Drop it." He saw the weaspon. His order was obviously to drop it in plain sight. That was less than a second, as the kid spun around.

So, from the time the cop saw the gun, gave the order to "Drop it. Drop it" to the shooting was indeed rapid, split seconds

jo mama likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude it's very clear he leaned over but even if he did not its very telling you are trying to ignore everything thing else and focus on that and then you ignore everything thing else that was going on.

Once again what about this made it a split 2nd decision since the cop was never over 30 yards away and saw him stop and then gave commands that he complied with.

Where is this split 2nd decision was it the fact that he turned around that made him shoot?

So what about that encounter was threatening if it was the fact that he had a gun why did he not shoot him when he stopped in the 1st place, why did he still give him a command and still shoot?

If he was that threatened why did he run up on him and allow him to stop and turn around?

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yo dude why you getting all caught up in your feelings telling me I am either lying or stupid, I can say the same about you because his hands are obviously going up while he is turning and his hands are up when he is turned around.

We can disagree without the name calling but if that's how you want to carry it so be it.

Your choice.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How the hell can it be that obvious?

He says show me your ****ing hands and then when he says drop it the gun was not even in his hands and he shot right after that.

I have no idea what you all are seeing.

19. jo mama

youre the one who started up with me on this. again, you have made so many false statements regarding this incident that its hard to take anything you say seriously. its got nothing to do with "feelings" - im just pointing out that youre either lying or stupid - at this point it can only be one or the other.

again, youre changing your story here. you have been saying that his hands were up before he turned around. make up your mind.

you keep making factually incorrect statements and saying things that go against what we can all see with our own eyes and then are getting "all caught up in your feelings" when people call you out.

you also have said that the officer acted appropriately and also said that he shot him when his hands were up - it can only be one or the other. you cant have it both ways.

look at your comments here - none of these statements are accurate...
    wow - i didnt realize how many false statements you made till i went through all these. literally none of what you say here is accurate. im kind of impressed actually that someone could be this wrong on something that we can all clearly see with our own eyes.

also, you made this statement...
    this is my argument that seems to have you so upset. you cant have it both ways dude.

#119 jo mama, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Houghstanistan