1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Didn't realize that. I live in a state that is more free on that stuff.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know how much of it is because of being "free", tbh. Maybe it's a PITA to get licensing in Texas, but they're slowly getting licensing state-by-state. Every state has its own hoops to jump through.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I am. You can't register for Binance.us with a TX addy.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What was interesting is my old binance account (before US version was a thing) - let me log in and then came up with a message about needing to make a US account etc. It basically froze the account (I'm in TX and never verified anything), anyway I logged out and then logged in using my VPN (selecting a country outside the states)... It then let me move some crypto/even do a trade - and then I moved it all to another address without any verification - so it's still technically an anonymous account. I think there's a daily limit since it's not verified but it was interesting since I'm assuming binance.us is asking for a lot of verification (similar to Coinbase).

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Looks like it’s still on projection despite the crash.

wanna put more into it but atomic wallet is my only source to Bnb. Anybody that manages to get it should probably see it shooting upwards of 700$ in the next 3ish weeks

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

A couple months ago Binance international let me withdrawl but couldn't trade. I should do a VPN and see if it will let me deposit. I really don't want to get funds stuck if it ever gets flagged but I don't think Binance international cares. All they have to do is flag .US IP access. I'll just use cakewalk.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I could still withdraw from Binance a month or two ago. Not sure I could trade -- didn't try. And that was without any VPN. I just started getting the verification warning about a couple of months ago, I think. No big deal to me since I don't really need to use it for anything. I did have some dust I left on there from years ago, but don't really care about that.

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Mines a little similar on basically dust being there, unfortunately for me I wish I stuck with Coinbase/kucoin/binance etc for exchanges, when I got caught up in the Idax trash exchange trying to get in on a junk alt gamble I basically left this jokingly small amount on Binance and put it in btc and let it sit (leaving the account dormant for 2+ years or so). I logged in when btc hit around 50k and moved it out, a whole $75 or so - woooooo, haha. I wish it was a cooler story/higher amount but $75 for a few mins of transfers isn't too bad.

Since the amount was so low and btc fee high to withdraw, I traded it for ltc to move it to another exchange. I don't think I'll test if it'd continue to let me trade there but I thought it was a little interesting, since without the vpn it was basically preventing me from even making the ltc trade.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on not wanting to get funds stuck/test vpn with funds on this, I mean especially if you cash out on a really huge trade. I mean after I lost money in idax scam while trading there, I'll probably just stick to the usual exchanges or even make a binance.us account once it's allowed in TX.

Honestly after my idax experience I figured my jokingly small amount I left on Binance would just go to nearly 0, not because I think crypto is going to 0 but because I was heavily trading junk alts at the time, fortunately I had left it in btc. So while still a jokingly small amount in crypto it was nice to see it actually get transferred out.

Space Ghost likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I feel like this is GameStop on steroids. Forget the moon, let's go to the sun.

IBTL and dachuda86 like this.
  12. Space Ghost

I get your vibe but it's very different from GME. They both share the same unfounded hype but the mechanics couldn't be more different. For one there are no naked bitcoins floating around. Also if you're dumb enough to over leverage your position, nobody cares if you lose everything and there is nobody to bail you out.

Just be careful mixing traditional finance with crypto. If they are not your keys, someone in the chain of custody can find a reason to take your coins.

Invisible Fan and Two Sandwiches like this.
  13. akash22

akash22 Member

Thanks for the info! I’m so new to all this... if I buy doge or vet on voyager, can I sell it on that platform as well? If not, how do I sell it?

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Mars ... cause Elon...

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So I have a pretty modest cryptocurrency portfolio to which I pay very little attention. Mostly BTC, ETH and LTC, but there are few in there that I took fliers on like XRP, WTC and VET.

I just noticed this past weekend that the value of my VET is almost as high as that of my BTC. What's going on with VET? Why the sudden spike?

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

cheers fellas..
    Im a paper thousandaire

[​IMG]

Doge 420
    Moon over my hammy

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Only a complete retart would go to the sun.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Yung-T, Two Sandwiches and dachuda86 like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He didn't even go to the sun and got burnt the f*ck up.

Invisible Fan and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Space Ghost

Do some research on LTC. It might not be worth holding. If you view BTC as digital gold, LTC is digital silver. It might have small spikes here and there, but its probably better to hold it in BTC. Just my IPO.

VET has turned my portfolio upside down. If you look through the BTC thread back in 2017/2018, many of us were very high on VET. It took a massive dive and moved sideways up until the beginning of this year. IMO, VET is the 3rd most valuable project. I really dislike hearing the term "great project with great partners and great team", but its true with this project. They really focus on the tokenomics to make it appealing to their customers and are less concerned about 'mooning' their coin. Also as VET is starting to get on more exchanges, its become a low cost meme coin similar to Doge. I am seeing a lot of pump n dump groups pushing VET.

Yung-T and Two Sandwiches like this.