1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We’re All Wrong About Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I speak facts, facts u can’t handle, and I back up everything I say

u couldn’t disprove a word I said in the other thread, so u came running in this thread

I didn’t even know u were a poster on this board until u quoted me, but your “standards” are supposed to mean something to me? Hit the ignore button if u can’t handle what I say, simple as that.

YOLO likes this.
  2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Yes, I can't "handle" it. I'm not in the habit of bickering, so I didn't bother in the other thread.

The next post is yours... I grant you the last word.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

aka “I couldn’t disprove anything u said”...I already knew that tho

4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Haha you sound like those clippers announcers when they were bashing harden a few years ago. I know what I'm seeing is not ball lol

5. HROZ

HROZ Member

How is that?

He gets 110 million in the buyout
    1 million this year
    15 million a year for 2 years.

He makes 141 million. This year & the next 2

He doesn't get a buyout he gets 130 million over this year & the next 2.

After that he makes the same.
    (He can't get the super max as no GM is stupid enough to give it to him )

6. HROZ

HROZ Member

One of the more costly buyout deals reported occurred prior to the start of this season, when Dwyane Wade agreed to leave $8.3 million on the table in order to be released by the Chicago Bulls and sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Wade had more than $23 million owed to him on his contract this season, meaning his cap hit for the Bulls this season was over $15 million despite playing for another team. It’s one of the many ways a bad contract can have major repercussions on a team and it’s cap situation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...yout-faq-key-dates-salary-cap-impacts/sn-amp/

7. HROZ

HROZ Member

One of the more costly buyout deals reported occurred prior to the start of this season, when Dwyane Wade agreed to leave $8.3 million on the table in order to be released by the Chicago Bulls and sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Wade had more than $23 million owed to him on his contract this season, meaning his cap hit for the Bulls this season was over $15 million despite playing for another team. It’s one of the many ways a bad contract can have major repercussions on a team and it’s cap situation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...yout-faq-key-dates-salary-cap-impacts/sn-amp/

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  8. HROZ

HROZ Member

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tbf... if im on a team with my buddies/players my level or above im system guy. But if im playing with rookies, noobs and noskills welp im on my kobe **** too. I think John tried with Harden Boogie etc but right now hes like **** them chumps im getting mine we loosing anyway. And dont come at me with Christian Wood because yall dellusional about him since day 1. Hes a good starter nothing more. If he was as good as he thinks he is Rockets would be top8 not bottom 2

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

What are you talking about. He’s getting super max now. There no realistic scenario where he makes 92 mil in 2 seasons after this year like he is on is current deal. Like I said he would be an absolute idiot given his situation

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

You literally dont understand how things work with salary cap. Listen to what people are telling you

All 30 of the NBA’s teams are carrying some sort of “dead money” on their respective books for the 2020-21 season. Dead money is the guaranteed salary paid or owed to a player who is no longer under contract with the team.

In some cases, teams are carrying cap hits for players whom they released several years ago. That’s the case in Indiana, for instance, where the Pacers have a $2,245,400 cap charge for Monta Ellis this season, despite cutting him way back in July 2017.

In other situations, the dead money is a result of waiving a player more recently. The Pistons, for example, created this season’s single largest dead money cap hit when they bought out Blake Griffin, who is still counting for $32,670,565 against Detroit’s team salary in ’20-21.

#91 YOLO, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He’s sucks. He’s always sucked. Most of us have been right since the trade.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

hes up there. Dude is busting his ass at being bad at team basketball.

Maybe he thinks that will get a contender to notice him? Doubt it. Beat that can happen is we take back some bad contracts and a draft pick for him next season

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Didn’t even know you were talking about Reeko as I had put him on “ignore” about a year ago. He is the only one on this site that has that dubious honor. I suggest you do the same. Most people here are wanting to talk about the betterment of the team and he just wants to take out personal attacks on the posters.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. thekad

thekad Member

If the Rockets get the #1 pick this year, I wouldn’t be opposed to dumping Wall with a pick and getting a longer, smaller bad contract in return. Trouble is finding a team 1) stupid and 2) with bad contracts to match Wall’s albatross.

Bulls, for instance, are dumb but don’t have enough dead money.

16. HROZ

HROZ Member

Lol I understand

You're an idiot.
    Cool thanks for explaining..

17. HROZ

HROZ Member

Okay I'll try one last time

Let's forget about this season.
    We owe John Wall 91 million for the next 2 seasons.
    I'm saying he only takes 71 million of that.
    So next year he makes 44 million.
    The year after he makes 27 million.
    From us.
    But this offseason he signs a contract with say New York for 2 years 30 million.

What is 44 + 27 + 30?
    Is it over 91?

That's why it is beneficial for Wall.

The reason it is beneficial for us, is in 2022/23 season we have Wall on the books for 47 million.
    This way we only have him on the books for 27 million. Creating 20 million in cap space that we wouldn't have if Wall doesn't agree to the buyout.

The Blake Griffin example makes my point.
    Blake was owed 45 million next year. But he agreed to give back 13 million.
    The 45 million was lost money.
    Now they only have 32 million in lost money.
    That saves them 13 million in cap space.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Actually no. The only moron is you who can’t understand simple match and how the salary cap works. Looking like a complete ass every single post

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lmfao. This is all kinds of straight dumb.

BG signed a 5 year/$171 mil contract before being traded to Detroit. Simple math for a slow guy like you. It doesn’t come out to being owed $45mil. The one thing it proved was you’re 100% wrong once again

20. HROZ

HROZ Member

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/detroit_pistons/

Blake is only making 29 million next year from the pistons. (And 32 million this year) for what should be the 2 highest paying years of his contract.
    He's left alot of money on the table.
    Though i'm not as familiar with Blake's original contract.

But he was meant to make more next year(than 29 million). This means the Pistons have extra cap space than if them & Blake hadn't agreed to part ways for less money.....

How is this hard to understand.....