1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN Exposes Themselves as Propagandists & Fearmongers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by waytookrzy079, Apr 14, 2021.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Close but not exactly. Veritas doctors their stories to CREATE the narrative. Others may doctor to fit a narrative or angle.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea what this has to do with anything I have said.

You don't either I bet.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No every news outlet does not do that most MSM outlets ran the full clip and did not edit it.

What you posted it not from a news outlet.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

lf you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie.

If you want to anger a liberal, tell him the truth.

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Its like starting a sentence with "No offense but ..." Anything you say after that is definitely going to be offensive.

So the rest of his quote is totally and utterly irrelevant. It was certainly NOT taken out of context. If anything, I'd say the shortened version put his intent directly into context. He said exactly what we meant.

Just like when we told the Proud Boys to "stand by and stand down". Those guys didn't hear the "stand down" part. They immediately started printing shirts saying that they were "proudly standing by". So did they take it out of context too?

Look, if you saw a bunch of white supremacists and Nazis out marching around about the high cost of bananas, would you jump in with them? What "good person" decides to associate themselves with Nazis?

ANYBODY that decides to be friends with a monster ...is themselves a monster.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. krosfyah

Conservatives are consistently on the wrong side of history. Liberals are consistently on the correct side. Do with that what you will.

7. krosfyah

Using the argument, everybody does it is weak sauce.

That's like comparing:
    A teenager that stole gum from a candy shop
    to
    an armed bank robber

Yes, both are criminal acts but one is way way way worse.

I said the same thing about comparing Hilary to Trump. Neither are ideal candidates but one is way way way worse. It was a cop out answer to say they are both bad.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

reminds me of the great line in The Vision of the Anointed:

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 3.21.41 PM.png

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

IF that were the case you guys should be foaming at the mouth ready to burn Trump at the stake...what dumbass comment...stick to posting memes.

Sanctity and Reeko like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him something that goes against his preconceived narrative

If you want to anger a liberal, tell him something that goes against his preconceived narrative

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Disagree with a moderate and they think you're both?

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Why not just post one of those channels doing the same thing as CNN admits they do?

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

James O'Keefe is one of the best journalists and sadly one of a few actually willing to challenge the powerful. You may not like his style, but the dude is a classic investigative journalist. He creatively dismantles the establishment's games and is always ready to surprise and provoke thought.

Anyone who still trusts and gets their news from cable TV will reject him, but he regularly posts the videos and lets you decide for yourself. The only critique I've heard was that at one point in the past he posted some selectively edited video; but all video journalists edit video down for size usually. He actually published large expansive videos with plenty of content for us to see it's not been selectively edited and the man has yet to lose a lawsuit because he follows standard journalistic ethics and practices; leaving him shielded from defamation and libel suits. He is spot on and deserves to be remembered in the history books of Journalism as one of the few standing up for truth in an era of constant yellow journalism from our corporate groups which only aim to manipulate politics for profit.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Nobody did more in 2016 to get Trump elected than CNN. Trumpers owe them a debt of gratitude for putting their extremist Cleric on the map.

It also is no shock that the CNN production team recognized that and knew it was bad for business long term so they needed a BUSINESS strategy to not have half their viewers tune out overnight. There was nothing they needed to lie about though with Trump news. That’s key.

Trying to keep viewers who didn’t like Trump by putting negative Trump news on the A block should surprise nobody.

What this doesn’t mean than numb nuts like Dashuda don’t get is that Trump actually was a good president. He sucked. He was a modern day fascist who literally tried to stage a coup to overthrow democracy. CNN couldn’t have dreamed of writing something like that into the script. It would seem too unrealistic.

This isn’t a win for you guys. James OKeefe didn't just discover the theory of relativity. He looks like a milk toast white guy so he sometimes can get away with an impersonation con that got him into a political entertainment production meeting. Big woopty dah. Call me when he actually finds something out that isn’t just meant to be fox news propaganda and actually uncovers something we don’t already know.

15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

quite hilarious how perspectives and adjectives change depending on where you’re coming from. I would really like to see how you conservatives describe yourselves.

Conservatives used to be about fiscal responsibility, “Christian values”, morality, do unto others etc. The branding sure has changed. You guys are now about “Anglo Saxon” traditions and define yourselves by being anti whatever boogeyman Fox can cook up.

as to the snippet you’ve cited, I’m hardly the spokesman for the left, but i think of conservatives, at least the problematic end of conservatives, as a broad group as obtuse, easily duped, suffer from confirmation bias, unable to think for themselves, susceptible to propaganda because of lack of education, narrow minded. It is wildly unfair to brand all conservatives with these descriptors as there are plenty educated republicans. But the overall point is that I certainly don’t think of conservatives as “sell outs”. Insensitive? sure but that’s on both sides.

The common theme of the descriptors chosen by the author is that liberals are emotional and conservatives are intellectual. There are surely emotional liberals and intellectual conservatives. But that broad branding of the groups Is comedy gold in the post trump era.

You guys have surrendered any claim to intellectual honesty.

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

May wanna brush up on your history, unless you're saying Democrats being historically pro-slavery, pro-segregation, pro-KKK, Biden's 1994 Crime Bill is the "right side of history".

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thankfully modern day republicans welcomed them in after the past Dixiecrats moved away from them...

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Oh my how the public school system failed us

When you seek the truths, you typically find it.

You probably won't watch it, but it's here for anyone else that's open minded.

#98 waytookrzy079, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I'll also add that if this was factually true, wouldn't conservatives be pro-abortion/pro-choice? seeing how abortion largely affects the black population...

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Continue to follow the teachings of prager university and dinesh souza. Its not an unexpected look for you...