1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russia Paid Bounties to Murder US Troops, Trump Lets Them

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 26, 2020.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is why i responded the way i did. this story smelled like b.s. from the jump starting from bounties to the claim Trump was briefed

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jullian Assange literally stated that they had RNC emails but "found nothing worthwhile to leak". Yes that seems plausible. Having access to an entire political party's emails and there is nothing "worthwhile to leak".

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/14/julian-assange-wikileaks-election-clinton-trump/

That is the Intercept btw which is known for downplaying "Russiagate".

Also the leaks were of DNC emails, not Clinton emails. So they did have the equivalent of DNC emails with RNC emails.

And Russia specifically spammed content on social media that benefited the GOP from memes that were pro Trump to memes that encouraged people like Black voters to distrust Clinton and take away Democrat voter to write in candidates for the general election like Bernie that would help Trump.

Let's not ignore that many actual links of Trump to Russia where if it was Obama to Iran you would be screaming bloody murder.

#823 fchowd0311, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    quikkag likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Of course you don't - your fat overlord made it irrelevant - he literally told /gave Russia, China whatever they wanted, had people directly working with and for their intelligence, used an unsecured cell phone and used public sites with passwords like MAGA123.

Fascist b****es are b****es all the way. No need to inform us chud.

quikkag and Deckard like this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

sorry i have to gloat on this one. usually i do something embarrassing after gloating like wyl e coyote but i caught a lot of grief on this one

the stupidest thing about this thread is that you guys actually were convinced Trump would sell out the troops like that. trump is a shady character but all you guys were too caught up in thinking he's a russian spy

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have not followed this thread or story that closely recently so not sure why you are responding to an old post.

Regarding this particular situation yes it does sound like there intel hasn't fully confirmed that bounties were being paid and certainly all of this should've been taken skeptically as most intel should be. That said there is other corroborated that Russia was providing aid to the Taliban and while yes skepticism is important but dismissing it outright is troubling also. Especially dismissing it outright because you don't like other issues, which have been confirmed, regarding Russian antagonism towards the US.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dismissed it outright because it sounded like b.s. I have never doubted Russia tried to interfere in elections. I don't care. I also have enough sense to know Trump, the original reality star isn't a Russian spy.

I think we should fight Russian interference. I don't care about interference because I think it had little impact in elections

Part of my issue with the stories, this and interference is that the media has run with the stories to vilify Trump further than he should have been.

That doesn't help Democrats, it solidifies his base. Big picture.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its hard to understand the argument being presented... defending russia? Is the desire to (1) defend trump and/or (2) attack media so strong that defending russia is driving this?

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Not many claimed Trump was a Russian spy. There is a big difference between being an "asset" and a "spy". I think there is a lot evidence that he is an asset.

A story that what at best is a geopoitcal rival was paying to have US troops is an important story. It seems like you're getting more worked up over media coverage and what other posters are saying about it rather than the story itself.

Whether it solidifies his base or not that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been covered.

quikkag and B-Bob like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im worked up because the story was b.s. Don't try to make it something extra. Saying he colluded and owes Russia, you might as well say he is a spy.

Why would Trump allow bounties on our troops? It's just stupid. I'm not a Trump fan but he doesn't hate this country.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

as a point of reference,

PGab is the same clueless fool who continues to argue that Ivanka Trump was a consultant to the Trump co,
    even tho she was an officer of the company and drew a salary​

12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

he only hates part of the country

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is the problem when you have a president who cries hoax on everything - he has no credibility nor trust. He lies and is so corrupt anything is possible. So there ya go.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Aside dock riding so hard you remember this, cause I guarantee I don't remember your arguments she wasn't an officer. That was the point

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But he would not allow bounties. That's extreme

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

any more extreme than encouraging sedition and an assault on the capitol? Or inviting Russia to hack the DNC?

quikkag likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Except you’re continuing to bring up something extra.

Just based on what you wrote above does sound like you’re getting worked up over more than just this story.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What is wxtra

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That was more stupid than extreme and he acknowledges it got out of hand

20. TheresTheDagger