1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lavine, worthwhile target next summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonatelloLimestone, Apr 16, 2021.

?

Would you max Zach Lavine?

1. Yes! Elite athletic entertaining scorer, still getting better

37.0%
  2. No, just a scorer, not worth a max

63.0%
  1. DonatelloLimestone

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Salary cap?

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. DonatelloLimestone

Eric Gordon becomes expiring next summer, his last year is only guaranteed if he makes an all star, or if rockets win the title. I know we got Kelly, but still unlikely to win the title

burlesk likes this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

he doesn’t want the bulls. He’s an unrestricted. He tried to sign with kings, they matched and he wanted out then. This is probably why his agent is floating this news to tell teams to get ready

csc177 likes this.
  6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, I’m good

Lavine’s max would be around 4/150 if I’m not mistaken, and while he has a flashy game and nice numbers, he’s not even a top 20 player and the best the Bulls have managed to do with him as their best player is their current 22-33 record

Would the Rockets be in a position to make Zach Lavine their 2nd or 3rd best player? Because if he’s the best player on your team making the max, u aren’t even guaranteed to be a .500 team or make the 8th seed.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Drafting Jalen Green would be cheaper plus no wait necessary.

Lavine is Jalen Green's NBA comp.

burlesk, CHAMPBOY, luckyman76 and 6 others like this.
  9. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

My psychic doesn't foresee this happening.

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

We can trade him for Herro and three 2nds

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There is no way the Rockets could clear the cap space to offer him a max. They'd basically have to unload Wall for no salary in return.

napalm06 likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What if it got us out of John Wall's contract ??

Sign and trade where we send them Wall and the Detroit or Washington pick ..... ???

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It would take a minimum of 4 picks is my guess. Hell, I'm not sure it wouldn't take a minimum of 4 picks just to take on 2 years of Wall's salary.

Dacamel likes this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just a reminder, we will be paying John Wall 50 million dollars going into that season.

Thanks again Russel Westbrook trade!

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Wood, Kelly SNT, and Porter should do it with 3 first. Get it done morey.

I would role with LaVine and Cade.

17. DonatelloLimestone

It’s hard to swallow 150, but we also have to adjust for inflation on what it will take to get any talent in this league. I do think the bulls just haven’t been an organization that players seem to respect, in terms of training, infrastructure and its noted that the owner focuses on his baseball team. So I do think he has more to show with another team. But what I like about him he is athletically elite, his is a 3 level scorer, and has focused on growing each and every year, after the contract, so on. I think we’re going to see more of it and the results are a lot about the cohesion of a team and the right fit. The bulls from boy lan and even to Donovan have not played with any consistency. I think he’d be much better off with Tate, KMJ style to compliment him. He can lead the league in scoring, I think he has more talent than Beal, not many players can do what he does and also incredibly efficiently too.

But I do agree, we’d have to have the right pieces around him to make it work, well have the bird rights to all our players right now and also another rookie hopefully and if we get the 2nd-4th pick and get a Mobley or defensive potential star I’d say that maybe worth to gamble on. I’m not sure who else is coming along that is worth the max or close to it like him as well.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

I like Green, I’m excited about what he is doing at his age. But the projections and the draft are often a crapshoot especially if you look at highly touted picks in the past and their comparasions its not that they won’t hit, but a lot of times they aren’t close.
    It’s easy to measure athletics and maybe if they are a good shooter, harder to see creativity, how they play, their aggression level, and the ‘it’ factor of being an elite scorer. For all we know he could be Ben mclemore, he could be buddy hield, he could be JR smith, he could be Rashad Mccants. He doesn’t have the lift that Lavine has in his shot and we still have a lot to learn about his personality. So would I draft him in the top 4. Hell yes, he looks great, but if I get someone whose in this league still young averaging 27-5-5 on 50/40 splits and gotten better each every year, that is pretty rare and sooner or later we’re going to have to pay up, we can’t keep arguing how to save tillman money each time while i get most of us are considering cap space and so on, but we can’t keep selling hope that someone big will come later if we don’t have all the right talent.

So in some ways I agree, if we get green it might be redundant, if we get Cade, Mobley or the other dude from the gleague, Lavine , the bird rights with the rest of our players can be special.

19. DonatelloLimestone

Yep bulls would be best to trade him, he didn’t even want them to match and wanted to goto...kings(him and Fox would be crazy together), but bulls have been a dumb organization for a while, so lets see. But if it comes to a trade that probably takes us out of the running unless they like Wall and kpj, or our late Brooklyn picks/mil picks would really come in handy if they got us Lavine. Stone with his 4d Chess again?

D-rock and Highlyrated like this.
  20. Garner

Garner Member

No chance the Bulls trade Lavine. They are building around him.

Dankstronaut and D-rock like this.