1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oh, I sold at .13. My bag was relatively small. This run is proof of emotion in the crypto market, because it defies logic.

[​IMG]

Space Ghost likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My bag is very small, too. It's grown by 666% though.

If there's another dip, I may throw some more cash at it for just in case gigs.

dachuda86 and Xerobull like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. Xerobull

I still wouldn't unless it bottoms out. It's a mascot as many have said. It will have rallies in the future, based on this. Lesson learned.

5. IVFL

IVFL Member

Doge makes me leery. If anything I think they are a good example of a coin that can delegitimatize crypto currency.
    1. It was a coin that was made as a joke
    2. Every year they dump another 5 billion coins into the market, nothing finite about it.
    3. Its ease of access is driving up the price but the bag holders are going to really take it on this
    4. It is promoting this idea of get rich quick on crypto which then treats investments like gambling. . . . not good in my opinion.
    5. Its the tulip bulb of our time and its having an influence on other markets not tied to it.

Don't get me wrong. I dumped 60 dollars into it when it was at .008. I sold last night. I made a lot of money off of it but I also feel a bit bad about the people who bought my coins. They currently are sitting on a profit but I see this dropping soon. I like my crypto tied to something of value in their mining. Helium, Ankr or Fetch are more along the lines of crypto that has proof of value for me.

6. Xerobull

#86 Xerobull, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  7. Asian Sensation

All of it? Noooo!

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The USD and any other fiat is a joke. I trust Doge more than USD. The .gov dumped 6 trillion on the market over the last year. 5 billion coins of inflation is childsplay

9. KingCheetah

Welcome to the crypto buzzword command center.

10. Xerobull

Too droll, old bean. Too droll.

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If we are keeping count, I can load you up.

I can't help it if I enjoy boiling the ocean.

KingCheetah and Xerobull like this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Anyone bothering to mine any or just trading? Aside from some of my crypto getting caught up in idax scam a few years ago, I found some other trash I forgot about - a whole $75!!

Anyway, I was looking at the silliness/hash calc for btc and I've come to the conclusion I'll not see a 3 series from nvidia any time soon, since even a 10 series can generate money still.

I still like stocks and real estate better but I'll gladly follow the money...

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I put in 250 to robinhood

It was super easy but i heard webull is better and i will see about switching

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

If you did you could have almost tripled your money

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Cash devalues every year

Legit, logic and buying electronic credits dont all go in the same sentence but here we are.. in 2021 i just make 2 thousand bucks on the score with a coin named after a dog. I literally have no idea what is going on but I will enjoy that 2000 in maui all the same.

Its crazy people will put value in anything you mention tulips..i remember beanie babies going for $250 each.

Talk about holding the bag..i got some 88 donruss if you are interested .
    Get while the gettings goood fellas

CCity Zero and Xerobull like this.
  16. KingCheetah

"If you want to speculate, you should probably go buy Bitcoin..."
    _______

~Nick Caserio

IBTL and whag00 like this.
  17. Xerobull

I have 3 Helium miners on order. https://www.calchipconnect.com/products/rak-hotspot-miner

This isn't your classic mining with video cards. It's a wireless mesh network. The more contacts you have with IoT devices the more it mines. I'm looking at a bulk buy in the next week of 50-100 of them. They are in super high demand and buying over 50 guarantees you a place in shipping line. Right now it's in July. I will order asap. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and we can work out the details. I'm working with the vendor to ship to individual addresses.

These are going for $3k+ on ebay right now, but with the proper placement and antenna, you can make that in six months at current HNT prices. I firmly believe that HNT will be a top 20 coin and 4x by the end of the year.

I'm also looking at mining AIOZ for fun. It's a video file sharing service, so no muscle required. You can run it on your PC. The only real 'cost' is bandwidth; I'm not sure how much yet.

#97 Xerobull, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    IVFL and CCity Zero like this.
  18. Xerobull

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree for the most part. I'm actually hesitant to hold, but I'd like to see it out to $1 at least.

Meanwhile vechain is having a huge run today. I'm getting antsy. I wonder if it's worth it to throw money at that right now? If only I can find my access to what I had bought...

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Transactions take forever , mines been pending on the chain since 10am. I really don’t even care about the doge anymore