1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets hacked

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ramotadab, Apr 15, 2021.

?

Will Tillman cave in and pay the ransom?

1. Yes

10.2%
  2. No

89.8%
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Fertitta-McNair School of Management is buying its first computer to do a full review of its IT practices and realizes that having Patrick Fertitta store all system passwords on the composition notebook where he also handles all amateur and professional scouting duties for the organization may be a risk and will be addressed going forward.

2. napalm06

Dwyane Wade just bought a stake in the Jazz (strangely enough). COINCIDENCE????

(if you think of one let me know, because I got nothing)

Ryan Smith, the owner of Qualtrics, is a majority owner of the Jazz and Qualtrics is a b2b data collection company. That's definitely suspicious. They primarily do survey data but we can't rule it out.

ApacheWarrior, topfive and sirjesse like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The most obvious culprit is China. I mean, they want to dig up what Morey was doing in 2018-2019, right? Their new extradition law let them arrest in any country any foreign citizen deemed endangering their national security.

Morey, you'd better talk to the FBI to put you in a witness protection program and make you disappear from the face of the earth!

groovemachine likes this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I though Patrick changed his ways and started to put the notebook in a $20 lockbox for safekeeping?

Jontro and napalm06 like this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

6. DonatelloLimestone

[​IMG]

ico4498 and CriscoKidd like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Please be Sam Presti. Please be Sam Presti. Please be Sam Presti.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And wasn’t it Jones hit a homeless guy or something?

ramotadab likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're thinking of Juwan Howard stealing sunglasses.

10. napalm06

Yes that is the suggestion that was the result of Tilman's internal audit

sirjesse likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I can't wait to see the emails between Les and Tilman just before the sale...

LA: "What is it this time?"
    TF: "I think I have enough now. I have a new genius plan."
    LA: "Tilman, we've been over this. I'm asking two billion. You don't have the available funds."
    TF: "Okay, but I've been asking around. I can borrow one billion from shady lenders."
    LA: "And the rest?"
    TF: "That's where the genius plan comes in: You'll loan it to me."
    LA: "I'll loan you a billion dollars?!?"
    TF: "Exactly!"
    LA: "In that case, the price just went up to $2.2B."
    TF: "Done! Get the paperwork ready!"
    LA: "You're okay with $2.2B?"
    TF: "Absolutely! This is exciting, baby!"
    LA: "Okay then, you win."
    TF: "Um... one more thing..."
    LA: "Yeah?"
    TF: "Now I'm going to need to borrow another $200M to make this work."

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Could be great for CF, though. Now we'll learn once and for all who was MOST responsible for the CP3-for-Westbrook trade.

ramotadab, slothy420, fattz and 2 others like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know for certain that it was Keith Jones. :D

ramotadab and topfive like this.
  14. DonatelloLimestone

The truth ain’t far off:

A contract was soon signed, but Fertitta still needed to raise $2.2 billion—no easy feat, even for one of the world’s thousand richest people. Alexander agreed to finance $275 million of the deal. Fertitta then borrowed $250 million against the value of the Rockets, the maximum allowed by the NBA, and kicked in $300 million of his own money, but that still left him $1.375 billion short.

Rather than selling equity in the company, which would have meant giving up full ownership, Fertitta decided to make up that difference by issuing corporate bonds and bank debt

also a few other gems from this article:
    ”Despite his reputation as a micromanager, Fertitta said he has neither the time nor the inclination to oversee the team’s day-to-day operations. “The Rockets are a very well-run organization. I don’t see any major changes. I think you’ll start seeing tweaks in the years to come, but if anyone’s looking for some drastic changes, they’re not going to see them.” Still, can the man who prides himself on being involved with even the smallest details of his businesses resist doing the same with his new prized purchase?”

followed by this gem, which the author even questions if it was staged, it’s comical to think they planned this:
    “As we walked down one corridor, he stopped to stare at a section of the wall paneling.

“Jeff, I think this is wrong. It’s not like it is downstairs.”

He pulled a rubber-banded roll of cash and credit cards out of his pocket, slid out a black American Express card, and placed it against the panel.

“It looks about a sixteenth of an inch off,” he told Cantwell, who nodded in agreement.

Was this being staged for my benefit? Can the human eye actually detect such a minuscule discrepancy? Whether or not it was a put-on, the message was clear: Fertitta cares about the little things.”

-“(When I asked what advice he would give Fertitta, Cuban was succinct: “Waive James Harden and Chris Paul.”)
    -.....did Cuban get in his head?

“In Houston, to say that a restaurant has been “Fertitta-ized” isn’t usually a compliment. The word evokes Fertitta’s well-documented history of sanding down the rough edges of beloved restaurants to create what some consider an insipid conformity. He infamously changed the menu at one of his first restaurants, Willie G’s, from Cajun to seafood and steak, later explaining that “Cajun food was a fad.”

How it started
    “TF: I don’t know. I really haven’t counted on the government. I’m not one of the largest companies in America and I’m not one of the smallest. When it’s all over with, you can write an article [saying] that I survived and I didn’t get any help from the government.”

How it ended :
    Feritta explained that he already secured a $300 million private loan, but that it wasn’t enough.

The Texan said he wasn’t asking for any more money to flow into the federal program. But he asked Trump to appeal to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to “add a category for the larger private restaurateur … to go out and take this money” from a separate pot within the fund.

Otherwise, he said, “I don’t have the ability to put those 40,000 people back to work.”

“I would’ve been that billionaire that took money from the little business,” said Fertitta, a Trump campaign donor who’s also done business with Trump in the past.

Trump said he was open to taking a look, adding that Fertitta has a “unique situation” and that he could “understand what he’s saying.”

#74 DonatelloLimestone, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Jontro and topfive like this.
  15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Everybody knows it was Morey lol. He misses our intel

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

This cracks me up. Of COURSE it was staged!

You can't tell me that the man who realizes a wall panel us 1/16 inch off is the same doofus who told Morey to pull the trigger and trade CP3 and 4 FRPs for Russell Westbrook.

17. DonatelloLimestone

“I was in Europe, and so I was six or seven hours ahead of them. So I’m talking at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. And we just decided to do it. They ran different statistics by me.

My basketball ops [operations] got maybe a little weak at the end, and I just said, ‘We’re doing this. We are going to make the change. We’re going to go after it and roll the dice. We’re going to find that 5 percent.’

The one thing I believe you do in business, and you do in basketball, is you never sit still. You always keep it exciting. Not only is it exciting that we’re a better team”

#77 DonatelloLimestone, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  18. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It's an inside job. Tilman doesn't want to spend money this summer and needs sympathy. #eat@landrys

Jontro likes this.
  19. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Time to hire Jeff Luhnow as a security consultant

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cuban planted a mole