1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

CNN Exposes Themselves as Propagandists & Fearmongers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by waytookrzy079, Apr 14, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually don't care if the video is true or not I don't have any allegiance to CNN I just know that Veritas ALWAYS edit their videos to fit a narrative.

If you want to be upset with that have at it.

mdrowe00, JayGoogle and Salvy like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree cable news is part of the problem but no need to try and disparage it and the watchers to some feeble minded individuals who can't differentiate the truth.

I also took offense that somehow boomers and hs graduates don't know any better.

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

It’s a race to the bottom and Fox and OANN are ahead by miles. I don’t need a probably bogus video from Project Fakeitas to tell me that CNN wanted Trump out and steered its coverage. That’s like project fakeitas come out with a video showing Fox is pro trump or Fox doesn’t care about facts. Holy breaking news!

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm not upset, but I don't recall one of their videos being deceptive. I do recall a bunch of retractions and lawsuits won by Veritas thou on defamation and trying to say the videos where doctored.

Meh, while you don't care about CNN conservatives do. Mainly because of how they have treated us and how they have established a narrative, censored news story and refuse to uphold journalistic integrity. I don't mind liberals, I just want a fair media outlet that lets people create their own thoughts regarding our country, our rights and our government.

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Meanwhile, founder of project fakeitas has been banned on Twitter.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no problem, twitter is a private company, it can do anything it wants

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

lmao

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean it can't murder people.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't go as far as calling those viewers feeble minded...that's all you. I explained what cable news does, which is more geared towards entertainment and some form emotional outrage or frustration.

I used to watch it when the standards were better, but there's two and a half pages worth of finger pointing with the claims that one cable news network is more **** than the other.

There's obviously enough lacking from the medium that it's an ouroboros of both sides sucking each other off without realizing or liking it.

Or maybe it's not **** and you just have to apply the ol' "critical thinking muscle".

I'd rather spare my bp and not watch.

SuraGotMadHops and jiggyfly like this.
  10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

ah you mean like Trump’s infamous Charlottesville quote of “fine people on both sides” doctored by EVERY news outlet to make people think he’s a white supremacist?

My father in law kept echoing the same sentiment until I showed him the full video... his response “ohhhh I’ve never seen the full video”

J.R. likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The full video doesn't exonerate Trump though. Trump is still wrong and still equating both sides. They weren't equally wrong.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This is the Trump presidency in a nutshell.

Trump says or does something pretty dumb or sh1tty.

Media distorts what Trump says/does to make it seem completely outrageous thereby undercutting their own credibility and making Trump look like a victim.

It's a ridiculous cycle.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Trump literally says in the video “...and I’m not talking about the neo-nazi’s and white supremecists. They should be condemned totally”.

Guess which clip the media and libs ran with over and over to convince y’all that Trump is this Nazi/White Supremacist...

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This is the Ricky Bobby defense.

Just because you slip that in there doesn't mean that his response to the events wasn't woefully inadequate.

He spent several minutes blathering about keeping these statues, trying to make excuses for the violence, and generally trying to prop up one side vs. another.

It was a national tragedy and the dumbass couldn't bother not sniffing his own partisan farts or keeping his foot out of his mouth for 5 minutes.

That whole situation was an embarrassing low-point for the office of the Presidency.

jiggyfly, Dubious and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He does say that. But that isn't all that Trump said. It isn't news for a sitting president to say that neo-Nazis and white supremacists should be condemned totally. It is news to say that there were fine people on both sides.

Here's a clue. Fine people don't show up to a march organized by White Supremacists and stick around when they start chanting bigoted anti-Semitic chants and songs. There weren't fine people on that side. That's not how it works.

I saw the full clip before you posted it. I saw it from the main stream media. They didn't keep running with the whole clip.

Why did Trump post videos of Trump supporters chanting White Power on his twitter feed? At first he claimed that he didn't here what they were chanting, which seems impossible. But even if it was true, Trump refused to condemn them. Why? Why would he not condemn them?

There is plenty of evidence that Trump is sympathetic to Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists.

I would still have better and honest presentation of the facts though.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And the people who wanted to protest to keep the statue of a Confederate war general and didn't "nope out" as soon as they saw literal Neo-Nazis marching along with them? They are "good people"?

I mean it's already strike one and two when you feel the motivation to go out of your way to protest against removing a statue honoring a war general who defended the institution of slavery and then it's strike three when you didn't loin the counter protestors against the literal Neo-Nazis.

The best defense of Robert E Lee is that he lightly punished his slaves. What a man to honor and fight to keep a statue for in a community full of African Americans who have to see that piece of filth being honored in their town square daily.

#76 fchowd0311, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, and smart people knew that already.

DD

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Argument I'm making is doctoring a video/clip to fit a narrative. People can say "Veritas doctors their clips". Isn't that what EVERY NEWS OUTLET does?

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Indeed. Now Project Veritas can migrate to Mike Lindell’s new social media platform, Frank, where free speech will reign unless you take the Lord’s name in vain. But as a private company that’s their right.

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

And so why do we give credence or attention to any of these outlets?