1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Porter’s Effort Level

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 10, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

did i say that? There isn't anyone else on this team at the backcourt position. That's the point. he's already there by default and playing heavy minutes at that

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He has a whole season under his belt. He’s not some raw rookie. He’s probably the most skilled player we have on the roster outside of wall or Augustine

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Even with EG healthy, why would you give more playing time to EG than KPJ unless the reason would be to up trade value?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he doesn't. dude started like 3 games last year and played in a bunch of losing games. He still is a raw rookie easily. playing in 50 games in limited minutes means a whole season under your belt? Nah

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This team is full of players at the backcourt position

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not even close

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Is your point about minutes or starting? He played almost every game last season for Cleveland before the shortened sason at about half a game of minutes(24 minutes per game). He was getting developmental minutes in Cleveland and getting better as the season progressed.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

my post referenced Cod's most recent post. your welcome to find it. it isn't that far

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

That second to last paragraph put a huge smile on my face.

DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

You post incoherently

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great on offense, needs to protect the ball a bit better ......on Defense a LONG way to go.

DD

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really. It isn’t anyone else’s fault you have trouble following

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This

the layup comparisons to Harden and others is off, imo. Luka methodically dribbles into the lane and shoots a lot of slow layups/floaters. This keeps his interior passing options available longer than fast drives. While Luke indeed benefits from being taller than KPj, I do feel KPj is taking the same approach to see if getting in the lane opens passing...and if not, then the shot is often there.

so, i dont mind his approach, because his vision for the interior pass (incl oops) will improve with repetition. I think he should stick to his methodical penetration. Thats his game.

yixiixiy and Nook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't slow.... at least relative to most players. He tends to play more of an old man's game like Harden does... that is just their preferred style of play. Ideally he wouldn't be more adept at getting to the basket, but we are just spoiled by Harden. I don't think it is as big a problem as everyone thinks IF Porter works on it, he needs to get better at stop and go and scoring off of contact, but those are both things he can do...... right now his shot difficulty to score consistently is too high for the long term.

yixiixiy, D-rock, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets attach first round picks to get rid of John Wall, I will lose interest in the team because it will be clear that ownership isn't serious about winning and the GM is just a mouth piece for the owner.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

It was clear awhile ago nook. Nothing should be that surprising at this point when saving money is the priority over anything winning

Nook likes this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I noticed he stopped taking midrange jumpers. I wonder if somebody approached him about that

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's shown signs of great 1v1 defense against some solid players. I think his weakness is off ball D. Sounds like you know who, the guy KPJ idolizes LOL

DaDakota and Bobbythegreat like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I will say this.... Tilman has huge balls if they attach some of the Nets picks to get rid of Wall.... who does that? Guy thinks he can do anything

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So much damn talent. If he works his tail off this offseason he will be special. If he messes around as he has done in the past and doesn't come back improved, sayonara kemosabe...