1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I actually think we might surprise people.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans were already surprising 3-4 non registered masseuses per week.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yup expectations are so low that you can really only go up from there.

phasors28, Rudyc281 and BMoney like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Deshaun doesn't get suspended for a year I can see some improvement, but if he's out we are definitely going 0-16

5. Fantasma Negro

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The only surprise at this point would be if they weren't the first to 0-17.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nick Caserio on Deshaun Watson: 'I really don't have any comment. I know Cal and ownership put a letter out on the organizational stance. I don't have anything to add. It's a legal process. The focus is on the offseason program and getting ready for the draft'

Nick Caserio: 'We're respectful of the legal process'

Nick Caserio on Deshaun Watson scenarios: 'We're not going to get into a lot of hypotheticals and speculation. If you want to speculate, you should probably go buy bitcoin and speculate on that.'

Nick Caserio on trade scenarios: 'Part of our draft preparation is to look at different scenarios. The most important thing is to be prepared to pick when you're scheduled to pick. There's no set formula. It's very player specific and player driven.' Texans' first pick is Rd 3

Nick Caserio: 'The most important thing for us is to do what's best for the Houston Texans and that's what we're going to do.'

Nick Caserio on not picking until 3rd round: 'The most important thing is to evaluate the players. It's not that difficult. We've done a lot of work, we've done a lot of research. James Liipfert and the area scouts, we've done a lot of work.'

Nick Caserio on QB situation: '(Tyrod Taylor) has some experience with members of our staff (David Culle, Pep Hamilton) Notes that team needed to add to position regardless since Deshaun Watson was only quarterback under contract

Nick Caserio: 'I was blessed to have the opportunity to come to Houston. We're excited to be here. Everybody has challenges. There are a lot bigger challenges in society. You're going to face difficult situations. How you deal with those situations is the most important things'

Nick Caserio: 'The past three or four months have been refreshing, invigorating. We try to put the best team together possible. Life is full of challenges and how you handle it is what matters.'

Nick Caserio on personnel department: 'I have a lot of confidence in that group. It's a good group, good hard-working group. They're smart.' Notes his background with director of college scouting James Liipfert with New England Patriots

Nick Caserio on his roster moves: 'What we've tried to do is create as much competition as possible on the team. Our focus is not position specific. Just try to bring as many good players in the building, let the competition take care of itself.'

Nick Caserio on his roster moves: 'What we've tried to do is create as much competition as possible on the team. Our focus is not position specific. Just try to bring as many good players in the building, let the competition take care of itself.'

Nick Caserio: 'There's physical attributes important to the position' In terms of intangibles, looks for consistency, willingness to be coached, ability to absorb information. Notes Julian Edelman's mindset toward self-improvement as a good example to point toward

#1248 J.R., Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  9. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

These past 3 or 4 months have been refreshing and invigorating?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Win totals O/U projections 4.5 w/ a 17 game season LOL
    [​IMG]

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lost best players on defense (Watt) and offense (Fuller) adding no one of note and of course no 1st or 2nd round picks. Even if Watson isn’t traded he will likely be suspended for significant time.

Take the under.

Hank McDowell and whag00 like this.
  12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

You have to look at it from his perspective, being a GM was his ultimate goal and he has an opportunity to turn a bunch of crap into candy mountain if he makes the right decisions; so far we see him working with very little to work with so gotta respect that but yea for the fans the past 3 - 4 months has been anything but

Chilly_Pete, Rudyc281 and Cstyle42 like this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Spencer Rattler 2022?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m thinking Sam Howell

Rudyc281 and Shark44 like this.
  15. ballgame

ballgame Member

Rattler by a COUNTRY MILE! Rattler mives better in the pocket. In the NFL you got to do more than just drop back and sit in the pocket

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Howell doesn’t move that bad, much better passer imo.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Sheldon Richardson is available...couldn't be worse than what they got now...

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. raining threes

Carson Strong is my guy.

Although I do like Rattler.

No to Howell

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It would surprise me if they are able to win 3 games this year so maybe that. This team in comparable to the expansion team.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Capers > Culley
    Casserly < Caserio
    Carr < Tyrod
    Seth Payne > entire D Line

Rudyc281 likes this.