1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colorado Police break elderly women's bones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 15, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

73, has dementia, 5'0, 80 pounds, had flowers picked from the side of the road gripped in her hand, stole less then $14 dollars worth of **** that was returned to the store pretty much immediately

It's how I'd want my mom treated. Colorado policing is looking really bad over the past couple of years.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I just don't understand the mindset of law enforcement. The job has to disproportionately attract psychopaths.

#2 fchowd0311, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Houstunna, Xerobull, malakas and 7 others like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

more footage of the stop

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Having family with dementia/AZ this hits pretty close to home.

A few thoughts come to mind...
    • One obviously wishes officers would exercise more patience/restraint in assessing a situation like this
    • Where the hell was this woman's family? She clearly needs to be under supervision/care
    • This is where a "non police" emergency force would come in handy

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Oh my god. He went straight to an armlock and takedown. Like no hesitation, practically immediately. He didn't even TRY to talk to her and figure out what might have been going on... just simple "you didn't do what I told you therefore BODYSLAM" logic... on a 5 foot tall elderly woman. You can tell how annoyed he is from the very get-go... go find another line of work dude.

6. SuraGotMadHops

I actually agree with you to a certain extent.

Psychopaths is part of it, but I think the bigger issue is the overall dimwittedness of many of the officers getting hired. The aptitude screening needs to get better, much better. So many of these needless incidents could be avoided if the officers involved were, well, smarter people.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I hate seeing anyone mistreat the elderly but in this situation if this was my mother or grandmother I’d want to beat both officers with a piece of pipe until you couldn’t recognize either of them.

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They’d just shoot you and get to keep their pension

Kim, Invisible Fan, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

For once, you and I are completely in agreement.

In a past life I interviewed with both HPD and APD.

I have to say I was appalled by HPD's standards. APD was a little better, but I also was totally mortified by the number of complete dunderheads who were in the pipeline with me... dudes that I knew were a walking liability and should never be given a badge, let alone a gun.

I ultimately didn't end up pursuing that career, but holy crap, the process opened my eyes a lot.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't smoke weed and pass high school. Those seem to be the main qualifications.

Houstunna and Kim like this.
  11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Joshfast and B-Bob like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This shows how Cops really don't give a ****, how the hell can 3 separate police think this was funny and then not get the woman medical attention . and they are laughing about it being her blood.

Really **** them.

She has a great case there is no way she should have been booked into jail without receiving medical treatment, you have to sign all kind or forms for that.

If BLM had any sense they would be all over this showing how callous cops can be even if white.

DVauthrin, Andre0087 and Ziggy like this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are subjected to cultural pressure to assume everybody is planning to kill them and that anything you do to ensure officer safety is totally appropriate.

The culture is fundamentally broken, and is too heavily infested with military bleed-over.

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

APD actually did a similar thing to an aunt of mine. She's in her early 80s. Hispanic lady that lives alone but has family within the same neighborhood as her that check on her twice a day at least. Anyhow one day this aunt of mine hung out with a neighbor without notifying her children who are in their 50s and 60s mind you where she was. They filed a missing person's report since one cousin had gone to check on her and couldn't find her. Eventually 6 or 7 PM rolls around and my aunt decides to go back home and it just so happens APD were on site to greet her at her front door. My aunt had to go pee and was impatient with APD blocking her ability to get into her house. They took her as hostile and roughed her up. She ended up being black and blue all over her collarbone and neck and arms up to her elbows. My cousins for some reason signed off on my aunt having to do group therapy at St. David's for behavioral health reasons as though she was the crazy one. My issue I take with it is, I've known this aunt. She's like 5'1. She's tiny. Second, while extremely religious and Catholic and prone to really putting a lot of emphasis on saints and angels like they're a magical cure all for every situation, she has all of her faculties. She doesn't suffer from dementia. She has no criminal record. No history of causing drama within the family. If she had to pee and she's the type to avoid using a neighbor's restroom if she has the choice of using her own private bathroom and the cops blocked her from entering her own home on her front property, I can easily understand the frustration from this aunt of mine. Plus they were 4 roided out cops against one tiny little Hispanic lady in her 80s. If you can't reason with an old lady without having to bruise her all over from the neck down as a party of four cops in front of her own property then you ****ing suck at your job and should get a new one. Still, my cousins caved, agreed it was my aunts fault and APD gets to sweep it under the rug. 6 weeks of group therapy where her social worker said she didn't know why she was there.

I know when one of my best friends was alive still and had a service animal, and had a seizure in her apartment that required her to call dispatch for emergency services between coming in and out of seizures, the cops tased her service animal and locked it in her bedroom. This dog had no prior history of aggression but that one interaction from shitty cops sure ruined it for the rest of the EMS and fire department who would go in response to other calls. They actually knew how to handle a concerned dog just trying to protect their owner who is lying unconscious though. He'd body himself between EMS and her initially until they could show they were there to help by simply using a soothing calming voice with the dog. They didn't have to tase him like dumbass APD. I suppose it could have been worse. They could have just killed the dog instead and gotten away with it. All that did though was prompt this best friend to avoid calling 911 dispatch for help to seek rides to the emergency departments and to instead depend on friends and family for transportation in the middle of the night instead, increasing the time she was alone in her apartment having seizures until someone could answer between streams of consciousnesses. And it's not like all these friends and family lived in close proximity to her. Some out in southwest area of Austin closer to Dripping Springs like myself compared to her living in Wells Branch. Another all the way out in Kyle. So you're talking about 45 to 60 minutes of driving just to get to her apartment in the middle of the night by yourself just to take her to the ER because she was too concerned that dispatch would send cops to help and would kill her dog. I have very little respect for APD based on these experiences. I can't say I'm surprised when I see headlines like these.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This is it in a nutshell. It's a result of regulatory capture and neverending scope creep.

Police have a tough, ever expanding list of responsibilities but are fed a constant diet of violence and ass-covering to achieve their ends.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

CNN MSNBC and every other MSM needs to be leading with this if they really care about police brutality and are just not in it for the ratings.

Even though I don't see how this would not do just as well.

Maybe if she was shot it would be more of a thing.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Too many woke goobers would legit claim this lady's white privilege in that she wasn't shot.

Tomstro and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I am all for supporting police and all but yea this was bad.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

u have to be pretty demonic to handle an old, frail person like that

20. SuraGotMadHops

This is true. I have a friend who applied to be an officer with HPD. He was very smart and in my opinion a great candidate for law enforcement. As part of the interview process they polygraphed him and asked him if he ever smoked mar1juana - rather than lie he admitted he smoked it when he was a teenager. They pulled his application.

The HPD hiring process is broken, and has been broken for awhile. I have another friend that had a similar experience applying with Baltimore PD, except his polygraph question that got him disqualified was whether he ever been intoxicated, and he admitted he had in college.

I swear the way they think they are screening people you'd think every cop would be a complete saint. What a joke.

FrontRunner, DVauthrin and fchowd0311 like this.