1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

While I agree that these women work in the industry, It does weaken the defense that Watson was just looking for proper massages to take care of his sore athletic body... and it’s also hard to deny that Watson initiated the extras, which often is the case.

Either he thought they were legit/real massage therapists and they couldn’t resist him and decided to consensually have sex with him (the possible defense)... or they try to paint their actions as “part of the job” but still can’t explain what Watson was doing when he decided to willingly seek out those sorts of services without an admission that he’s a “John” (the likely endpoint/outcome/truth).

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If DW was looking for legit services he could have gone through the Texans who I’m sure employ therapists or could make a good recommendation.

Over 20 therapists and some contacted via Instagram. Ok buddy.

Nook and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This thread has officially blown past the Watson formally requests trade thread in page count. No looking back!

Kim and raining threes like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What benefit of the doubt where you trying to give him?

How does this change that?

Just curious on what people are thinking about the case.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We all know he was not looking for legit services that train has far left the station.

Sooty, cmoak1982 and likestohypeguy like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah he is not making a lot of sense and it is coming across as extortion.

As for the digging himself a in hole that makes no sense either since the question is of assault and not sex.

It seems that Buzzbee was hoping he did not want the trolling for sex stuff to come out and would settle

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He did not say otherwise, stop white knighting.

IBTL and Pistol Pete like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Is that actually the defense?

I think a lot of people are missing what is at the heart of the case did sexual assault occur in these encounters not if Watson was trolling for sex.

The question is not if he was a John.

9. Major

Major Member

It seems to me Buzbee is trying to win a PR battle and force enough of a PR-disaster for Watson to convince him to settle.

Hardin seems to be ignoring the PR stuff and is positioning himself to try to win the legal battles.

Not sure who will win that battle, but Hardin has had a high profile version of this in the past with Roger Clemens and his perjury case. He let Clemens be destroyed by the media where everyone agreed he lied under oath but won his legal case in the end. The big difference there was that there was no future career for Clemens to worry about.

BigM, mikol13, Kim and 2 others like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I get what you're saying, and I agree with it. But I'm just going to say this is the new culture with Instagram girls and kids in sports. It happens way more often than people think about, it's just that the girls either sign an NDA or don't come back at the athletes in one way or another.

I think what Watson was seeking (at least the end result...) is not uncommon at all with the peers he has. I think the way he went about it was, and was stupid. He needs to learn from this, and realize that it's best to be direct. Both in trade requests and private affairs.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Exactly what I've been saying. Buzzbee wants this over and done with and will legally slander Watson until he runs out of material to get it done. Hardin wants to tie up as much of Buzzbee's resources for as long as possible and beat him where it counts.

It's interesting gamesmanship at the cost of a celebrity's reputation, if nothing else. Hard lesson to learn, kid.

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right back at you. They chose an illegitimate means to make money. Of course no means no. My point was they cannot say they were shocked to see some of the stuff he attempted

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They also had to scrub after giving Deshaun a massage.

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a John. This is a no win situation for either side really. Not saying a settlement won’t happen though.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Court of public opinion current results:

Is Watson a John? Yes
    Did Watson troll for massage therapists he hoped to bang? Yes
    Did Watson do pervy things during many of these sessions? Yes
    Did Watson verbally force girls to bang him? Maybe
    Did Watson press his dong against women without consent? Maybe
    Did Watson physically force at least one woman to bang him who said no? Maybe

Are some of these women hookers? Probably
    Are all of these women hookers? No
    Are some just trying to get paid for stuff they do with other clients? Yes
    Are some truly impacted by his improper behavior? Probably

How much should the women be compensated? It depends on each case.
    Should Watson be in prison? Maybe. Depends.

Am I missing anything? Any of my assumptions way off?

RunninRaven, jiggyfly, BigM and 6 others like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Didn't Harden say that in one of the statements? Covid forced Deshaun to look elsewhere for massages. Athletes need massages. Deshaun gets several massages every week. He had to resort to this in order to keep up his usual regimen that was impacted by covid... and sometimes he has sex with whoever massages him, but its totally consensual.

Nobody is missing that... but that is a criminal offense, one which he has yet to be accused of. Everything else is a civil case.

Until Hardin comes out and admits Watson readily paid for sex (or Watson admits it)... there is still a question. Yes he won't go to jail or lose his career for that admission, but its likely he also won't get to dictate who he plays for.[/quote]

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But is dragging this out... along with the eventual testimony, scrutiny, and publicity that comes with this... in the best interest for Watson and his career?

If the worst thing Watson did was trolling instagram for sex... he should admit to it, settle damages, and be done with this process. If he didn't do it, he should flat out say he didn't do it... instead of this pseudo-defense of "he was looking for legit massages, but he slept with some of them" that hasn't helped him in the public opinion. If he did something worse... all bets are off.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that statement is problematic but they have already admitted he has had sex with some of them so that ship has sailed.

My point is him having paid or not paid for sex the question is still did he assault anyone.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Getting multiple massage therapists during a pandemic isn't exactly a smart thing to do. It seems smarter to use therapists tested who work for the Texans. Maybe this was just a cunning way of cheating and playing around on his gf, using massage as an excuse. Maybe he thought it was less likely for his gf to be suspicious. Maybe he liked just trying to get his rocks off by preying on some innocent women, who weren't pursuing him sexually. Maybe it worked on some of them and it made him want to do it more. Nobody knows but Deshaun. If any of my guesses are true I certainly don't expect him to admit it.

#2279 deb4rockets, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes... and that last point, if found to be true, would have him facing possible jail time. Not civil case charges.

Even though you may have already had your mind made up about Deshaun as a John, sexual deviant, sex addict, trolls for sex, obsessed with getting off maniac.... I'm pretty sure Deshaun and his legal team will do everything to try and clear his name of all of the above. He is not willing to let even this label him, even though its still highly likely this is a part of who he is.

The question is how much and for how long is he willing to fight it. Is it worth the rest of the prime of his career? Is it worth further details coming out that could result in a suspension and/or voiding of the richest contract he will ever have? We shall see...

ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.