1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Since we are ahead of the curve....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Apr 14, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Lol

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do we want to sneak into the playoffs next year?

Why should anybody be hoping for an aggressive offseason to do that?

Can you imagine this place if we have years of those K Martin led teams?

[​IMG]

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So we trading for a player the caliber of AD?

Who is our Lebron?

luckyman76 likes this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Damn bro you managed to pull off the perfect combination of saying something really stupid in a really condescending way. Congrats, Tilman approves.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ahead of the curve...
    Corner turned...
    No real contenders in our next 18 games!

saleem and sydmill like this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

Even being a playoff level team now is less and less valuable with the new play in tournament, we’re still competing with Memphis, dallas, golden state, spurs just don’t seem to die off...suns are not looking back, the west is just crazy tough. I want to see a competitive rockets, but now that we’re in our rebuild phase I want to build right and not just a good enough entertainment product so tillman can make his debut payments. We are where we are, lets rebuild and put a proper foundation, get some good names in our front office and player development who have a good track record so we can truly adapt the culture where talent will want to come and younger talent will flourish, once you have that then tillman can instill his step on your throat killer mentality tillman ism 5 percent culture he keeps raving about.

HP3 and catarax05 like this.
  7. ballgame

ballgame Member

Dude,

Go back to sleep

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I hate to say this but id draft cade, and trade everyone even wood and Porter. But that's not going to be very popular around here. Even go with a new coach. Some coach from winning college team who deserves the nba. Wood is pretty good player, but id personally am looking for a big body Power Foward who can rebound, and same with center. He a tweener. Also Porter is just Terence Willams on a bad team.

Go look it up .. They thought T-Will had Corey Maggette
    skillset.. https://www.nbadraft.net/players/terrence-williams/

9. VoR

VoR Member

Generally you want two years of struggles in a rebuild.

Potential is there, but would be a wasted opportunity in the draft. 2022 draft will be a nice draft.

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

Keep in mind, we have the Nets pick too next yr., along with Washington's lottery protected pick.

However, that's why I made this post, I think we have a good nucleus; Wood, KPJ, KMJ, TATE and a few others and if we are able to add a top 4 draft pick this yr.; a Cade, Mobley, Green, etc, you are good and don't keep adding Rookies.

To me, that's how teams like Minn, Sac, Atl never get out of MEDIOCRITY, they continue to dwell in the lottery year after year. I believe you get a good core and surround them with solid veterans to teach them how to play. And once you start winning big, you add players in the buyout market.

11. sydmill

sydmill Member

The best way for this team to try and turn things around quickly is grab that franchise player this offseason in the draft. They should look to add one or two complimentary players also with their other picks too. Next year give it your all but dont be dissappointed if you fall short because that is another opportunity to add more talent. Now, after adding 4 or 5 young guys on cheap long term deals, you go big game hunting with Wall and Gordon's contracts (if Gordon isnt already gone). Now you have Cade/Mobley/Green, KPJ, Wood, KMart, Tate, Brooks?, 4 other first rounders to put around whatever free agent you signed or traded for. Then your window opens.

HP3 likes this.
  12. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

This is foolish. Way too many question marks. Unproven talent, that's been injury-prone.

The West is insanely talented and deep as it is. Playoffs I really don't think are realistic next year barring signings of near-star talent. Rookies and 20 year olds won't do a damn thing and the defense will be horrendous (just look at Minnesota or Cleveland the last few years).

Still who cares about the 8th seed. I'd rather the team collect and develop quality assets that turn into stars or can be traded for stars so the team has a more realistic shot for a title window in 3-5 years.

sydmill likes this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

Woods is ahead of the curve. Seriously. That's the understatement of the year.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

OP has gotta be on Tillman's payroll............. For now anyway.... Nobody can be this optimistic without being paid for it... For now anyway

HP3 likes this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

God forbid Rockets moving on without Harden. No one cares how bad we will be, we know. That's what rebuilding is! If you didn't like the question why even respond with anything, hit the back button. Things could be worse we could not have Christian or KPJ. Harden could have screwed this team even more. Considering the situation we are in good shape to be really bad. That's the goal!!!!

Harden nut huggers make sick.....

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He's 2021 Luis Scola with 3 range. Tough, heart good to have on the team. I don't get you guys. We have been consistently bad at rebounding for 8+ seasons we finally get a decent rebounder and act like he's not a difference maker. That rebounding alone makes a difference not to mention the range is the icing on the cake. If it's not Harden or Tucker they are not good enough. Get out here with that junk.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Scola disrespect is off the charts. I actually vomitted while reading that comparison.

Deckard, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You just have to love the enthusiasm though

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

WHY WHY WHY would you take 2 1sts that represent our future to trade Wall when our team is **** right now and through Wall's contract? That is nonsense. Give it up. You haven't shifted your perspective from before we lost Harden. That team is GONE. We haven't even fully started over. We got nothing for Tucker and Oladipo when they mistakenly thought like you this was a playoff team after a 6 win streak against scrubs. We still need to dump EGo and somehow get lucky and hope that we give up 2 2nds for Wall late next year, MAYBE. Wood is good, KPJ, Tate, and Martin show promise. This team is still at least 5 players short if those work out. That's not happening this offseason or maybe next. We need to tank to get another lottery next year after this one and clear the decks for two max slots so we can somehow be an attraction to the 2022 FA class. If we strike out you keep gathering bad contracts and churning assets until you can strike again. What the hell is a balanced roster if you don't even have a team? This team has to go through and evaluate a TON of players to find the roster that can actually compete again. Don't expect many from this roster to survive the purge. This is just reality and NBA history. Rebuilding is necessary and NOT pretty.

HP3 likes this.
  20. ballgame

ballgame Member

You all are focused on the record. I'm focusing on the future; we don't need a PF (Wood), we don't need a PG(KPJ), we don't need others(Tate, Brown, KMJ and possibly AB), hell we don't even need multiple FRPs.

As I stated on yesterday, I prefer our roster RIGHT NOW vs. the Spurs, they're in the Playoffs, and NO ONE has contested me on that, other than to say the Spurs have Popovich!! However, they haven't been through nearly the turmoil the Rockets have been through this yr.

Like I said, I think we are ahead of the Curve. I'm curious to see where we draft, what else the Rockets do this off-season, if KPJ develops a consistent Jump Shot, and will Olynk, Brown and AB resigns.

Sac, Minn, Cavs, Wizards, Bulls, Orlando, just a few would love to be in the Rockets situation and while I'm at it, I'm going to add the Pels too.

#60 ballgame, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021