1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teacher goes on racist rant, not realizing Zoom was on.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Apr 9, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But you're ASSUMING they are not spending time on their kid's education, the study you refer to DOES NOT SAY THAT.

I have the nerve? Lol, stop acting like you're somebody here. You're just another poster with crappy political takes, racist ones at that.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Another study was provided on black participation. Stop

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dude, how many times do I have to tell you this.

That study had NOTHING to do with stay at home mothers. It said IIRC 72% of black parents spent time taking children to school events or whatever, but it does not specify the status of those parents.

Your claim that the ones that DO have time isn't supported by that study UNLESS the study claimed that stay at home mothers (for instance) were also spending less time with their children. That study did not say that. It wasn't that specific. Period.

For all you know, Stay at home black mother's could be spending MORE time than white ones, you have no idea. What you need to find is a study about stay at home mom's and their involvement with their kid's education and relevant demographic data.

This reminds me of black father studies that ASSUMED black fathers were absent because of single mother rates YET further studies later found that black fathers were spending just as much, IF NOT MORE time with their kids.

https://www.vox.com/2015/6/21/8820537/black-fathers-day

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

First of all you need to find any study on anything.

Secondly just like the study doesn't break down black parents, you don't have a break down of any parents either

You have no stats on anything so all we can compare is parents vs parents.

Your arrogant ass can't ask me for further specifics when you ain't provided ****

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just did and you just ignored it lol. See why I don't link anything with you?

Well, the study not having a breakdown means it doesn't support your point...

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The study shows black parents aren't as involved. You don't have **** so don't tell me what I need to find when you have nothing

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The only point is black parents aren't as involved. You haven't challrnged anything. All you have is speculation about what has been given to you

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually, that's you. All YOU have is speculation, the study doesn't make the point that black parents don't care as much, it doesn't take into consideration WHY. If you had read my link, you'd at least learn why that's important, but I know you don't read.

You ask for links and then when given you flat out ignore them.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Caring is just a word for you to keep your weak ass argument. Care, participation, whatever words, the numbers don't lie

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Care is the argument YOU USED when you said black parents don't give a **** lol.

The numbers also don't say that when black parents have time they don't involve themselves in their children's education.

Also, black fathers spend just as much time with their kids as other races. Numbers don't lie.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No my argument is black parents aren't as engaged. I'm backed by numbers. Ive said engaged numerous time.

When I argue about ghetto dysfunction the point isn't about caring it's about improving. I don't give a **** if it's caring, ignorance, whatever. I just want it to improve.

My goal is improvement, not criticizing my people. Get out your damn feelings worried about the wrong things

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I love how I'm in my feelings when you're over there cussing and insulting me like a sailor.

Mmhmm, that's nice...oh look, another study that challenges the previous one...

https://wp.nyu.edu/steinhardt-appsy...l-involvement-implications-for-black-parents/
    OH wow, look at that, exactly as @fchowd0311 tried to explain to you...

mdrowe00 and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And that isn't racism. These women maybe poor but they have time

Economic disadvantage may have happened because of racism over time but there are no respirations coming. We have to look at improving homes to end cyclical poverty

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The study I linked just directly contradicts this. You've proven once again that whenever you ask for links and studies you don't really mean it, you'll just ignore it then repeat your point.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No your quote says "can" and "may". It's says there is poverty and it "may"

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

....the study says that because this is how researchers write but the actual study linked to confirms this, the researchers use 'May' because studies like this are always open to being contradicted by further research and data. It's the same reason they use 'theory'...and the same reason when discussing these topics I use these same words because I'm no psychologist, I'm open to being wrong if someone proves it to me.

This is not even considering the part you've skipped past, that all of these studies, the link, read the actual link, talk about how black parents are involved but that their involvement is DIFFERENT because, and I'm summarizing here, they don't trust the school system is looking out for their children.

That's what these studies, the one I linked to, and the ones its sourcing (at least the ones I glanced out) are getting at.

For a white parent involvement MIGHT be going to a teacher-parent conference, for a black parent it MIGHT not be. Therefore, judging parental involvement based on parents going to school events might lead one to conclude that black parents aren't as involved.

From the link above...
    Here is an anecdotal personal story for you (since you like those) that is actually quite relevant here. I had a 4th or 5th grade teacher, don't remember exactly the grade, that thought I was dyslexic. She suggested this to my mom throughout the year...my mom knew I wasn't dyslexic, hell, I was reading books as soon as I could and I still read a crap ton. My mom told her that I was just an awkward listener and I was extremely shy until like sophomore year in highschool, extremely... which is something that got me in trouble with teachers because I looked like I wasn't paying attention or my head would be down and when it came to answering questions I didn't want to. I was too scared to get the class wrong and that others would laugh at me.

So, my mom basically told this teacher she was wrong and never trusted this teacher again. You think she went to any parent-teacher social gatherings? Hell no. As far as she was concerned, this teacher made me out to be dumber than the other students and she knew it was incorrect. Not that she wasn't open to me possibly having a mental disability, she just knew I wasn't dyslexic considering that she was literally buying books for me to read.

This anecdotal evidence lines up with tons of studies that suggest that black children are often given lower expectations and the research I linked to SUGGESTS that this could be a reason why black parents are not eager to go meeting with parents.

I mean, in this case alone the mother was proven right that the teacher WAS racist and what does she say after that? She wonders how many teachers hold these views...so my guess is she won't be all that eager to interact with teachers, which is sad and unfortunate, but when people continue to promote negative stereotypes that black people are inherently dumber then eventually you'll have people that buy into it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Your mother's participation would over any teacher with a bias like your teacher's. That being said your teacher's bias wasn't going to ruin you as long as your mother was involved.

I had bad teachers. My son went to a very good elementary. His half sister was already placed in some special and he being about six year younger got tested for those classes and I knew he didn't need them. I fought the testing unsuccessfully. He didn't get placed in special classes and he has graduated.

It can happen as long as the parent is involved mistakes and biases will eventually be overcome and his half sister has graduated college but she needed the classes. She survived and thrived on her mother's will

JumpMan and JayGoogle like this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JayGoogle
    On black parents being untrusting that is not the school system's fault and that can only be fixed on the parent's side. Hispanics are doing better in school. They trust the system we don't.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

22 whole pages of dick ridin

Dirty boys in here

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Done.

Mosquitoes do not like Skrillex
    Sound and its reception are crucial for reproduction, survival, and population maintenance of many animals. In insects, low-frequency vibrations facilitate sexual interactions, whereas noise disrupts the perception of signals from conspecifics and hosts. Despite evidence that mosquitoes respond to sound frequencies beyond fundamental ranges, including songs, and that males and females need to struggle to harmonize their flight tones, the behavioral impacts of music as control targets remain unexplored. In this study, we examined the effects of electronic music (Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex) on foraging, host attack, and sexual activities of the dengue vector Aedes aegypti.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0001706X19301202?via=ihub