1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Since we are ahead of the curve....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Apr 14, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Are the Playoffs around the Corner??

With Silas, Wood, KPJ, Tate, KMJ, AB all having a yr under their belts, (3) 1st round picks this yr., money to spend in Free agency and if they can keep Olynk ......Can we shoot for the 8th Seed next yr.?

They had a 6-game winning streak before injuries derailed the team and even now, they are losing games all in the same manner; falling behind early and coming back in the end...very close!

18pbr, Bo6 and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets are 3-30 in their last 33 games with a -12.2 point differential (by far the worst in the league), and people are talking about playoffs next year? Lol

bmd, DCHAMP, B-Bob and 43 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

This thread. Ahead of the curve.....

oh and who told you there's money to spend in FA
    [​IMG]

They'll be one of the worse teams in the league next year again. A lot of yall are straight delusional with how bad this team will be and for how long. Folks thinking this is getting fixed literally overnight are kidding themselves and looking ridiculous day in and day out. Just flat out laughable material

#3 YOLO, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    DCHAMP, Trackwell, s3ts and 15 others like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought you were gonna ask if John Wall is our Tank Commander for the millionth time

Ramo$e and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

oh didn't you hear? the playoff format is going to change against next year where everyone is going to make the playoffs.

beard4life, Ramo$e, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know what the hell is going on at CF lately, but if you think Olynyk is a difference-maker on a winning team or a foundational piece of any kind... smgdh.

DCHAMP, ico4498, tycoonchip and 12 others like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

8th SEED?!? I'm thinking Championship or Bust

8. sydmill

sydmill Member

I know that I am likely in the minority here but I think the Rockets surprise next season and are competitive most nights. I think they still lose more than they win but I could see them at a place near where the Pels are this season.

ak99999, 18pbr, Corrosion and 2 others like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't see any way that we are ahead of the curve. To me it's more concerning that we think we have that much talent but there's either a lack of IQ or a lack of ability to play cohesive defense and limit turnovers.

YOLO likes this.
  10. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm telling you HATERS, no other team has had more turmoil, injuries, lineup chages, than the Rockets!

I seriously think with a good off season; wise moves and a good draft....I think they can be in contention for a Playoff spot next yr

cmlmel77, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I was hoping the Rockets could use all their first round picks and keep drafting young players.

Be a G-league affiliate team at the NBA level. An affiliate to the affiliate Vipers. Houston Vipers has a nice ring to it.

rhee likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

We first have to turn the corner before the playoffs are around the corner.

Hell, as long as we're not being realistic, let's shoot for the title!

D-rock likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CODE RED CODE RED CODE RED

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  14. ballgame

ballgame Member

Yes, I think we have THAT MUCH talent....right now, I think we have as much talent as the Spurs and they're in the playoffs.

The Mavs, Pels and Grizzlies are not that far off. They all have not been through as much as the Rockets this yr., I seriously think next yr will be different

18pbr and Corrosion like this.
  15. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

This is where I'm at. We have talented young players at multiple positions. Hopefully we get lucky in the draft. Its kewl to trash the team for 20 game losing streak etc. But the team isn't as bad as that. They are young and inconsistent but the talent is there for a number of guys.

Hopefully they make the jump sooner rather than later. Just a lot of ?'s atm.

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I think this team will surprise people next year if the Rockets hit on their pick. I absolutely could see us being in the playoff picture next season.

Bo6, conquistador#11 and BamBam like this.
  17. ballgame

ballgame Member

How many players on the Spurs would you start over the Rockets players, right now?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

people really think we have anything close to significant cap space :D

then they expect rookies to have some major winning impact :D...majority of rookies won’t even be average players in their 1st year...many people on here are comparing KPJr to Harden, yet at this point in time, everything beside his basic box score stats of points, rebounds, and assists is pure sh*t because most young players don’t have that great an impact to start their careers

people really need to stop being delusional

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

20. YOLO

YOLO Member