1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We’re All Wrong About Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 13, 2021.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

The self proclaimed franchise player is showcasing his talents for his next team while also helping us not win games. Let him do as he pleases.

There’s a reason the former #1 draft pick was shipped out from Wash. You’re not winning anything with this dude.

...as for the coaching staff - while I’ve continuously called this year a wash given the circumstances - Silas’ time here may be short lived - I dunno just a hunch.

hakeem94, D-rock and RKREBORN like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

And all under the disguise of "veteran leadership". Just beautiful.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Who cares. Let him run free and pad those stats for trade value. Don't want him or Silas here long term anyways.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

for the record, I was RIGHT about wall. I told yall he would make us worse and of course got flamed for it.

lmao yall can kiss my ass though

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

What's amazing about Wall is how poor his hustle is. I just checked out perthirtysix - i put in 5's for all the relevant "hustle metrics" and Wall came up 198 of 250 players:

https://perthirtysix.com/essay/hust...=5&d=5&d2=5&l=5&sp=5&player=202322&agg=1&tr=z

Wall is top half for deflections, loose balls recovered, and near the middle for distance traveled, but near the bottom for every other hustle metric. He doesn't contest shots well or often, he doesn't draw charges, box out, or run up and down the court consistently. All he does is jack shots up and go recklessly to the basket.

6. DonatelloLimestone

Really interesting stat, Is that you Morey? I miss you. when you put in hustle metrics does it culminate all that you described below? Where is Tate in all of this or do we have some unlikely gems we can go for that you notice

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Wheels within wheels within wheels

BamBam, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No, you were.

There is no 'we' on that front.

A lot of people knew he was a lesser Westbrook with slightly better percentages.

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Tate by the same measure is 20th out of 250 players, and yes it culminates all the measures I described. And lol I'm not Morey (I wish!).

D-rock and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  10. VoR

VoR Member

Y’all do know that the players have instructions to lose, right?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

Hustle Index (per game). Rockets guys in red. Few alumns in blue.

5. Victor Oladipo :eek:
    19 Zion Williamson
    20 Jae'Sean Tate
    54 Christian Wood

67 Kawhi Leonard
    89 PJ Tucker
    90 Tyer Herro
    116 Russell Westbrook
    118 Damian Lily pad o_O
    135 Collin Sexton
    138 Mike Conley
    151 Lebron James
    157 Sterling Brown
    165 Daniel House Jr.

186 James Harden
    198 John Wall

Bo6, Easy, HorryForThree and 2 others like this.
  12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Coaching staff gives signal to perform tank at the end of games.

13. fattz

fattz Member

No coach could keep their employment opportunities by telling the whole team that. This information would be leaked. What a coach can do to change the game is leading the team into a lose by calling plays that don’t work and play personal that is missed matched.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

but...Wall is destined to be stretched and gone. Knixies in his future. Cap savings towards Holmes and/or Markinen and/or Trent.

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I hated Wall his entire career while in Washington. I saw him as ball hog.

Researching him closer and watching videos of Wall has given me a new found respect for Wall somewhat.
    I still feel he was holding back Bradley Beal. Complete bums don't put up assist numbers like he did in the NBA.

I give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is using this season as a rehab session and has been given the Code Red to tank us.
    We need a $40M player, that no one will take his contract, to be that sand bagger.

We need him on that "Wall" -- Jack Nicholson (Jessep) reference [A Few Good Men]

Enough 1st rounders in our future to trade him next season (21/22) or beyond.

#35 ApacheWarrior, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

His only value is as an expiring contract in 2 seasons. Hopefully we have enough assets to trade with him for something good and hopefully Star players are still willing to come to Houston with Tilman in charge.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

His current style fits right in with our agenda of tanking.

18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

No one wants to come to Houston- our only route is draft, get no names like Tate, and bring up entire G-League teams. We usually only get scrubs in FA - see Oladipo, Wall, etc.. *i didn’t say trades.

19. txtodd

txtodd Member

I was thinking about that, you know how eager and desperate he would be to get numbers, if he only played 20 minutes a game off the bench? He'd be in his shooting motion before he even got the ball.

groovemachine and hakeem94 like this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Playing no names and g-leaguers cost us a title. It put us in this position. We've got to play with legit professionals at some point. Sadly, Wall qualifies. But he would need help from the draft. Getting a free agent at this point is a pipe dream. Agree. But we've got to start players with a pedigree. And if that's through the draft then that is what is has to be a for a while.