1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB Kowtows to the Woke Mob

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, Apr 6, 2021.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

What the purpose of removing drop boxes if there is a problem with the mail getting there it prohibits people .

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not trying to appease anybody and these magical moderates that you so love to denigrate are a big reason why we have the Senate and Biden is president.

Who do you think live in these suburbs?

You are the one creating a strawman I have never said anybody is claiming every aspect of Jim Crow is involved.

Why do you have to make **** up that's why I rarely engage with you. You are the king of strawmans.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You enjoy your story and I’ll enjoy mine.

4. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Equal application of the law doesn't necessarily mean equal impact to all people.

People in poor neighborhoods are more likely to experience long waits at the poll compared with voters in higher-income neighborhoods. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/04/upshot/voting-wait-times.html

Residents of entire-black neighborhoods waited 29% longer to vote and were 74% more likely to spend mroe than 30 minutes at their polling place. https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w26487/w26487.pdf

So this it's more likely that a poor, minority voter would be impacted by this law.

Where do you see that this new bill changes the law regarding who can request an absentee ballot without reason? From what I can found, Georgia already allows for absentee ballot without reason even before the new law. https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/absentee_voting_in_georgia .

The new law decreased the number of days before the election that a person can request absentee ballot from 180 days to 78 days and no longer allows election officials to mail out absentee ballot applications to voter. Number of dropboxes are also drastically decreased in the most populous counties in the state.

The new law made absentee voting harder, not easier.

5. HardenVolumeOne

sports tv ratings are down across all sports besides the nhl. Im getting the feeling that espn with signing a deal with the nhl is getting ready to drop the NBA after this tv contract expires

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Three republican supporters of the attack on the capital continue their support of The Big Lie by attacking MLB...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The 3 Stooges are back for another episode.....this time they`ll make them pay :rolleyes: I liked the good old days when Trump was telling us what a moron Cruz was, probably one of the few times Trump actually told the truth

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds to me like government picking winners and losers in private business.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When people realize that their only principled goal is maintaining white christian hegomony, it doesn't matter if what they want sounds like Marxism or free market capitalism, as long as whatever they advocate for maintains that status quo they will tout any narrative or ideology that seems to go against their claimed principled stance on the "free market".

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Good, ESPN's coverage of the NBA sucks. I would prefer NBC if they can bring back the theme song.

tinman likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

The sedition caucus...

12. NewRoxFan

Editor's note: the total non-farm employment for the entire Atlanta region is 2.7 million. The total for the state of Georgia is 4.8 million. The entire southern part of the United States is 59 million (this would include the 13 states of the south). So the senator believes moving the game will destroy the job market of over half of the United States?

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think some politicians hear themselves speak anymore

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the NBA was more pure back then.
    there's too much excess crap now, team captain all star games, players teaming up on random teams, etc

give me the pure hoops of when CBS/NBC had basketball. Where there competition meant more than buddy hood.