1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Kim, raining threes and J.R. like this.
  2. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

And few non-consensual sexual assault claims too as governor, including rape if I remember correctly.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

with absolutely zero evidence. Not even the amount of evidence that Watson's alleged victims have.

Tucker Carlson has a rap allegation as well if your gonna go that broad.

Rape allegations are just too broad to have weight. They literally confirmed a Supreme court justice with a rape allegation and confirmed another for alleged actions worse than Watsons.

Nook likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He spit hot fire?

5. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

I'm not sure who you are referring to, but if you are referring to Kavanaugh the only evidence they had was that his accuser was lying. If you believe her best friends and father. The last two presidents we had has had rape allegations.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Exactly. Rape allegations are too broad just like I mentioned. I honestly think there should be some type of legal protection from potentially false allegations that could ruin someone's life. This isn't woman-hating either. I expect this to protect all genders.

Dirt Road likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It did not go over my head I just don't see what it had to do with this because Watson never said such a thing.

So if Watson never denied having sex how can it be the same?

Come on clever guy do better.

IBTL and david_rocket like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't see how he can settle and still keep his contract so what does he actually gain from settling unless he has a criminal case and I don't see that settling as stopping a criminal that has gotten this high profile.

I can't see the Texans wanting to keep him after all of this bad blood and especially not on that contract.

I can see him admitting to having an issue but even that would probably put his contract in jeopardy because it kind of is admitting to the behavior but that might mean a suspension as opposed to contract voiding.

My biggest question is what is civilly owed for this type of behavior and how do you put a monetary value on it, especially when you have a woman who said she was willing to see him again so how much suffering did it cause?

He is ****ed either way but IMO he can't just settle and has to show a defense that some of these women are exaggerating.

His good name is gone and his earning peak is gone, my entire goal would be to hold on to my contract because that's the best he is gonna get.

raining threes and ROCKSS like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Settling is not an admission of guilt. He can keep his contract if the Texans want him to. It comes down to negotiations between him and the Texans. If Watson wan't to keep the big contract, he needs the Texans to play ball. If he is cut after contract void, he would get signed by someone else...at a bargain basement rate to rehabilitate his image. He may never get that $40 million a year again that scenario.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Watson Le Pew is done...what a fall from grace for him

IBTL and raining threes like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We now settling is not an admission of guilt in a court of law but how does that stack up when you are fighting to keep your contract against a morality clause?

Why would the Texans want to keep his contract after all of this? With this leadership maybe so?

Anyway we pretty much agree on this its gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

The Texans will probably only keep the contract so that they can trade it. And use the case as an excuse on the lack of a return. Word is from "sources" that he's trying to settle the cases.

I expect him to acknowledge the consensual part of it, then settle, and claim that he did it because it's time to move on with his life.

raining threes likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The Texans need Watson to play....to get value...if they are going to trade him in the future. Teams will need to see he is not affected mentally by this. It could be the Texans still want to keep Watson...and help him rehabilitate his image. We don't know.

Nook and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I agree with that, but let's say that this doesn't turn into criminal charges, and just a settled civil case, I wouldn't think that teams would need to see that much of him to know they want to trade for him.

Especially teams who've had or will have MAJOR QB issues, (Jets, Bears, Washington, etc.)

15. HardenVolumeOne

if their was evidence against bill clinton, do you think it would ever get out. The clintons are powerful people

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tucker got crazy rap beefs.

Nook, Bobbythegreat and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Monica Lewinsky faints

jiggyfly, Nook and raining threes like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem: Jets are drafting a QB. Bears and Washington don’t have the same draft capital. You cannot depend on teams for the 2022 draft. For the Texans, you better off keeping Watson and rehabilitating his image. Provide him professional sex workers to fulfill his fantasies (hush hush), send him to sex rehab (worked for Tiger), and the fans will eventually forgive.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.