1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officially the WORST record in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The Texans haven't done it for you yet?

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Saw this on the Rockets subreddit - awesome breakdown (credit to u/_ProdiG_)

3. BreakYoSelfFool

Bottom 3 teams have same odds. Only the top 4 picks are decided by lotto balls. If the pick was top 5 protected would be guaranteed with the worst record, but top 4 is 52.1% chance.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah there is no better chance if you're the worst. the 4 worst teams have the same chance at getting the #1 pick.

What it does do is give us a cushion to win a few games and still be bottom 4.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The three (3) worst teams all have identical lottery odds for each of the top-4 picks. Hence, there is no longer any incentive to have the worst record (as opposed to just one of the 3 worst), except that you slot out in front starting with the 5th pick if you have the worst record. In the Rockets' (and Timberwolves') case, that doesn't help them due to owing a pick in that range to another team.

topfive, saleem and chadyang like this.
  6. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Someone replace it with Silas’ or Wall’s head pls.

ico4498 and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well yeah! We slitting throats. . . Our own.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad part is the Texans could be headed the same way. The difference is the Texans gave up most our future draft picks. At this point, I have more optimism on the future of the Rockets.

9. sydmill

sydmill Member

Yes, bottom three all have the same odds.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Thankfully, only 72 games this season. Only 18 more games. Lottery is not until June 22nd, though.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

It would be karmically delicious if the Warriors end up with #2 picks in consecutive drafts AND a #4, yet don't draft the right guys and never make it back to elite status while Curry/Klay/Donkey/Kerr are around.

HoustonWest likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

if my math is correct we add the top 4 lottery odd thus giving us 200% chance at 1 of the top 4 picks.

13. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Yeah, I anticipate they'll trade these assets for help either this offseason or by next year's trade deadline.

At the same point, not sure how "karmically delicious" it would be or really matter in the end: they made the Finals 5 straight years, winning 3. Anything else is gravy. They can endure 25 more years of inept management and losing seasons and it still would have been worth it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they all had financial gains and publicity but in my eyes, from a perspective of a pure basketball fan, those titles and runs dont mean much, most of it is handed to them by silver and the refs while the half of the league was tanking one way or the other...

topfive likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

While I agree, I can't stomach the thought of that current bunch of smug, preening pricks returning to the top. Once Curry/Donkey/Klay/Kerr have moved on, I don't really care what the franchise does.

And I'm aware not everyone hates that team with the same fiery passion I do. To each his/her own.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. DonatelloLimestone

Can’t agree, titles are the name of the game. Each year be it fishers shot , horrys tap in, player suspensions, injuries just make it that much more rarified air to get. The warriors have been our nemesis, I get it and not only that i think most of us know we had them and I’m proud of that in a time when the rest of the league stood down. We changed directions as a franchise after that one game away from finals, but I respect their organization even now they are spending like crazy with a net worth less than Tillman’s all about building a culture and a reputation that will sustain. But the mentality to write off titles is what people try to do to Houston as if MJ sitting out was the main reason and boy I was salivating at the idea of us playing them. They had no answer to Hakeem, but we’ll never know and clutch city were still the winners of a hard fought championship. In my opinion, there is no easy title in this marathon of a league.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’d like to know who didn’t think we would’ve become this

18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Alright, let's close this out and take it home fellas.

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  19. OpportunityCost

Stone made a good point, we may not be playing for a playoff spot, but these games are still valuable to our young core's development - I am paraphrasing a bit, but the first part, he said, I think.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Well that was short lived. I see a “Worst Record Appreciation Thread” in coming.

But I have faith we’ll do the tank job properly and revisit the record soon.

Os Trigonum likes this.