1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 4/12/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

didn’t see the game, but I see John Wall went 5-20 from the field

as a Tank Commander

[​IMG]

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I certainly hope you don't think I like every concept of a post that I've 'liked' on clutchfans. I'm just sitting back enjoying the debate. I often like both sides of an argument making opposite points. I'm like, ah you have point there so imma click a little LIKEYDoodleDOO fer uuuuuu.

This team is a mess and until we have a piece or several pieces mixed together that add up to something decent, I'm glad we don't have Westbrook. Westbrook causes a lot of winning that Wall simply isn't causing because Westbrook can and has carried a team for an entire season. We are currently in a situation where tanking is the best strategy and John Wall is doing a terrific job of causing losses. Westbrook would have us up at like 20 wins and hating life. We'd have nothing to look forward to other than another win carried by Westbrook that helps us none.

So while I agree that we're better off with John Wall, James Harden clearly made the best decision of all. Let's just hope those 4 picks and 4 pick swaps become meaningful for winning it all. I want to win it all and I'm tired of being close but not close enough. Better chances of that happening is found in draft lotteries. So right now that's all I really care about. That and youth development.

You arguing for Wall over Westbrook for the point of keeping Harden here is simply irrelevant. Neither of those two were keeping Harden here. He wants to win it all too and Morey sold out our entire future to try to build a winner. Then the asshat left. We were depleted at the beginning of the year. No depth. We weren't going anywhere with or without Harden, with or without Westbrook, with or without Wall. Hell, give us all three and we're still not going anywhere. We had so many glaring holes at the beginning of the season that I'm glad we got 4 picks and 4 pick swaps for Harden. We were going to be mediocre and I'd rather suck now for a chance at it all later.

I've been a fan for a very long time and I know when it's time to give up. I know when it's time to give up on Olajuwon carrying us or TMac or Yao or Steve Francis or Kyle Lowry. It was time to give up on the Harden era and the fact that you can't see that? It tells me you're not seeing something. It's like you're arguing that being a playoff team every year is enough for you.

Our owner is a gambler. Gamblers are only fun when they're winning. Of course y'all are all pissed off about it, but what I see is a gambler that just sold losers (meaning talents that weren't adding up correctly) and bought tokens for the future. So... I have an understanding of our situation that many don't seem to grasp on here. The future is where I'm looking while y'all all seem to be looking at the front door thinking a veteran is going to come save us right now and that with just the right trade... it will be so. Our savior might be in junior high for all we know.

It's time to start searching the world for our future champ, not other NBA rosters. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say. That's what's happening and it's plain as day to me.

This is a game thread. Any discussion of what coulda, woulda, shoulda with Harden makes zero sense here. It's like we need a Harden section of this forum for all the whatif scenarios. Talk about Porter, talk about Tato, talk about Kelly O or monster blocker KJ Martin, talk about the sweet shooter Brooks... they're what matter now. Wall is irrelevant to our future. Westbrook got us another token, Harden got us between 4 and 8 tokens, PJ got us a token in a higher place in line, Robert Covington netted us 1 token. Morey sold every token we had to assemble what we ended our season with. No center, no hope, and a joke of the NBA. Our shortest-team-ever gamble didn't pay off, but we went for it ONE last time while Harden is still young. Nothing was going to make us contenders after we gave everything. So why do you talk about that everyday on here?

Talk about Porter! He does some cool ****. Talk about Tato! He does cool ****. Martin, Wood, Olynyk, somone on this team, hell... talk about draft picks, but Harden? It's time to move on. He decided the winner of every Harden argument you could possibly make. It's settled, kaput, it's over, done-zo, punto finale. He's our ex.

Time to let go. Look to the future. Looking to the past and trying to fix the past is impossible and would drive anyone crazy. Just pick up the pieces and move forward with what's here. That's all we can do other than bring up the topic later that the 2017-2018 team was awesome and claim they were the best team in the NBA's history that didn't win it due to injuries. Nene, Mbah a Moute, Chris Paul. The dominos fell and we didn't overcome. Accept it, move on. It's time.

#282 don grahamleone, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    burlesk, fryjol7, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

I wish it was that easy, Silas for one would never do that - doesn’t have the balls.

we’ll be able to move him when he becomes an expiring

D-rock likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win?

5. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Really? did you just wake up from a coma and missed last year's playoffs. the Lakers literally doubled Harden before he even reached half court because Westbrook cannot catch and shoot. WB literally had a wide open 3 pointer on every possession when Harden was doubled and still shot 24% from 3.

so yeah opposing defenders definitely gave a **** that Westbrook bricked everything

burlesk, 34to11, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Born in Waco, Texas... Son of Anganika and Delvin Brooks

Tfor3, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

kevtse, Reeko and don grahamleone like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

#CoachingMatters

s3ts, burlesk, BossHogg713 and 6 others like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Coach Silas... if you were informed that the GM told him to lose or he'd lose his job... would you still post this type of thing?

burlesk, hakeem94 and BamBam like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

People shouldnt be sent to prison, they should be just forced to watch him play basketball instead

D-rock and ROXTXIA like this.
  12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LMAO at Crowder getting 26 by half and then having zero points the rest of the game

They were hot, we played solid..and still lost, I'm good

don grahamleone and 34to11 like this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

exactly fun game to watch, especially 2nd half, the young core showed out, and we still tanked!

burlesk likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's blessing them.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

DJ Wilson looked really good in those highlights. Did he look that good overall? He just moves like an NBA player. Is there real hope for him?

burlesk, don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

I usually have terrible luck. Every day I'll go onto the sim and try a few times.

1st page load after last night's loss. :eek:

[​IMG]

burlesk, don grahamleone and sirjesse like this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

When did Aaron change his first name to Delvin? Weird.

burlesk likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

The first coin flip in human history was presented by Marcus Praenomen to Julius Caesar in 76 BC as a mechanism for fair dispute resolution between parties. After seeing the toss, Caesar lopped his head off and asked for the next order of business for the Roman Empire. So be careful about the odds.

burlesk, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Put him in your DP

hakeem94 and Williamson like this.
  20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member