1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why is Clint Capela so underrated

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, May 23, 2017.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Clint is a confusing person... not afraid to get posterized by Bridges but horrified of Looney

AXG, RasaqBoi, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oladipo sings better than Clint. there I said it

RasaqBoi and Killatron 2000 like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

Just not aCapela

pgabriel, TWS1986, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think that is the best dunk I have seen at least in a year or two. That is just WOW

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I never understand the making fun of defender getting "postered" when he has the courage to contest a dunk rather than ducking out of the way.

And nobody mentions that Bridges got that opportunity to dunk because Capela successfully contested Rozier's shot in the first place. Oh, and Clint grabbed 15 rebound, scored 20 points, and had a +14 in a win.

6. DonatelloLimestone

Yea that is just the internet allowing people to be their inner teenage selves. If you are a defender who takes pride or a coach, you want them to contest every single time. Go for it, make the dunk harder, make em earn it ,so what...any competitor knows the risk of loss or winning, but make it a habit to go for it and not play for fear of embarrassment.

Capela has been incredible for the Hawks. He is on a great contract that Rockets had no leverage if they didn’t resign him, if his agent was smart he would’ve held out for a bigger one. He has got a great motor, very little drama or demands for post opportunities, he handles his business on the boards and the paint. Another great draft pick by the rockets in the 20s.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think we are wired to take extra pleasure in watching someone do something spectacular when it comes at the expense of someone else. It has to do with our love of competition. A win isn’t as sweet if there isn’t also a loss that hurts on the other end. Even if the loser doesn’t care, we will try to convince ourselves that they do to enjoy the win even more.

B-Bob, gotsis, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He had a nice career. 1 hamstring away in 2018. RIP big fella.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To me, unless the opponent is someone I hate (and yes, there are some teams or individual players I do), I don't take any extra pleasure to "hurt" them in my win. Of course, a lot of pleasurable wins do come at the fact of breaking the opponent's heart--a big comeback, a last second winning score, etc. But that's just the nature of competition, not because of intentionally wanting to humiliate the other guy.

Part of the tradition of sportsmanship is respect for your opponents. The shaking hands after a game, for example, is supposed to show that. A lot of it has been lost in today's culture I guess.

10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I was thinking that Anthony Edwards had the dunk of the year, but this may top that one.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yeah, and you just 4 seconds before the dunk he made sure Rozier couldn't score at the basket.

Easy likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clint dicking these teams down

DaDakota, pgabriel, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Clint Capela is killing it in Atlanta. To be honest, I was always suspicious his success in Houston was primarily due to Harden. Glad that is not the case. I'm happy Clint is showing out in ATL.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

100% agree, especially rebounding wise. We had to make that move though. Had to go all in. Morey’s hands were tied.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think harden had no help narrative needs to die. CP3, Capela, eg, pj, ariza etc were all good players.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Clint was healthy last year and we weren't all in on WB, we wouldn't have made the trade. Clint is worth a lot more than Covington,

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Plus we gave up a pick. Morey made a lot of bad deals. He made one really really good one.

GotGame15 and DaDakota like this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think that trade got the rockets below the luxury tax also. You can't discount that.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That was one or two years at best though. :(

It's not like Rockets racked up multiple 60 win seasons or lucked out with Warriors breaking down from injuries.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah that 1 yr cp3s hammy remember