1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/MP8lbFkF8

Hou out: Dipo & Exum
    Hou in: Okongwu, Snell & Bogdanovic and ATL '21 FRP
    Why Hou does it: Turns 2 players not in their future plans into a lottery pick, another '21 first rounder and 2 guys who could be kept around as Veteran mentors or traded for more assets next year or in the offseason (or just allowed to expire w/Snell)

Atl out: Okongwu, Snell & Bogdanovic and ATL '21 FRP
    Atl in: Dipo & Exum
    Why Atl does it: Mgmt is under pressure to show progresss and make the playoffs. This deal allows them to clear space to re-sign Collins and, by moving Bogdanovic, Dipo too most likely. They should make the playoffs after this move and so that pick isnt as valuable as it might otherwise be and Okongwu is stuck behind Capela this season (and Clint has 3 more seasons on his deal).

D-rock likes this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

5AFA6AEA-D4DA-493F-960E-907BB6A634E9.gif

Today’s the last day for this thread’s relevance. Cheers, trade warriors!

sirjesse, fattz, Corrosion and 2 others like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just want to say, it looks like I was very much wrong on LaVine. He's still flawed but his offense has taken another leap into a level I didn't think he could get to. So, to all those who were pumping up LaVine while I was knocking him down... my bad. I was wrong; you were right.

D-rock, Grizzlyshark and saleem like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm surprised as well.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Jokic
    Lavine
    Randle
    Grant
    Rozier

A lot of 26 and 27 year olds either having career or breakout years. It’s never too late!

saleem and joshuaao like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wall dump trade:

Call Orlando around draft time (for the sake of this post, let's assume they don't get a top 5 pick)
    They have some decent talent, need a veteran general and floor leader to point everyone around.

Orlando receives: John Wall

Houston receives: Gary Harris and Markelle Fultz

Harris will be expiring, and, while 20mill, at least it is only for 1 year.
    Fultz extension is horrible - 50mill over 3 more seasons (ie begins next season) - and he is basically a much much much worse version of John Wall (ie, can't shoot at all).

Frees up playing time and possessions, effectively handing the team over to:
    the core of KPJ/ Wood/ #top 4 pick (I would go for Mobley if possible)
    handy pieces like Tate/ Gordon/ Augustine/ House/ Olynyk* (if re-signed) as the supporting act,
    talent to develop in Martin/ picks 23 and 24

If any of the first 3 develop into a legit star, then there is scope to build a nice team. If none of them do, but all play at a decent level, then there is talent to trade for a "real" star, plus future picks to facilitate such a deal.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Fultz is young and should fit in with the plans, but you know they probably might want to see how fast he comes back and what he looks likes. So who knows if they do this trade or not. They are rebuilding it would be worth a shot to see if they would, considering he is coming back from ACL, and would be half as productive as Wall. Im sure it would cost the rockets future picks but might be worth it.

Hemingway likes this.
  8. thekad

thekad Member

If the Rockets lose their pick this year, trade Wood/Gordon/22 Miami first for Wiseman, Wiggins and the 22 Minnesota first.

9. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

So.. ive seen him as a 2nd round pick.

But.

JT Thor.

He has a good NBA body and isnt afraid to shoot.
    Watching him in highlights (i know) he has more upside than KJ did last year. Would you use the late pick on him??

10. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

So.. ive seen him as a 2nd round pick.

But.

JT Thor.

He has a good NBA body and isnt afraid to shoot.
    Watching him in highlights (i know) he has more upside than KJ did last year. Would you use the late pick on him to secure

11. saleem

I would trade Bradley for a second round pick and try to grab him there.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets lose pick then package the 3 1st round picks + Wall for a young All Star (Lavine), or up and coming All Star (MPJ).

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Exum waived, who's the target?

jch1911 likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wall to the Bulls theoretical draft day trade (assumes we get a top 4 pick):

Bulls get: Wall, House, Milwaukee pick (2021 1st)

Rockets get: Young, Aminu, Satoransky, Brown (aka all expirings), Bulls 2nd rd pick plus future draft compensation (protected 1st?)

For me, I would almost do the deal without future draft compensation, clears the salary for the following season and opens up playing time for the young guys. Most likely another difficult season ahead, but the move opens up the chance to add a significant piece via trade/ free agency/ draft.

Feels like clearing Wall will be crucial if we draft a guard in the top 4, Young, Aminu, Satoransky and Brown are all passable role players. Losing a late 1st rounder isn't the end of the world considering it would be effectively a trade back to the 2nd rd in a deep draft.

The Bulls have gone in big on the Lavine and Vucevic combo (sending out multiple 1sts), and adding a veteran PG like Wall could be a very attractive option, despite his salary (serious position of need for them!). Getting him for expiring role players would be seen as a win. Especially if adding a late 1st rd pick and a decent role player in House. They would be left to flesh out a roster with the MLE and LLE in a quest to make the playoffs and start the journey towards restoring their reputation.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Go ahead and come up with what it would take for you to trade expirings for Russel Westbrook.

Thats what it is going to cost to dump Wall.

16. saleem

The only option is for Wall to agree for a buyout. That's not going to be easy.

17. ilias

ilias Member

It would be better for the team to keep Wall around as a contract that we can use to match salary in a trade. Tilman may prefer a buyout.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. saleem

Of course, but the only way to get rid of his 47M contract is by attached multiple first rounders and a promising talented player. This will be very harmful for the Houston Rockets.

19. rockets13champs

Mo Wagner maybe

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Nice well thought out trade and thesis. Absolutely would do without future draft compensation.

A team like the Bulls is what you need for someone to take Wall.

Unfortunately the Bulls are the only team like that, that makes sense off the top of my head.

DrNuegebauer likes this.