1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GOP GA] gone wild

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know, right? this is a classic case of the GOP gone wild

Astrodome likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... I guess things are posted with the hope that no one actually researches the source.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

It's not. This is just normal behavior from an organization that want to infringe on people right to vote. It's funny that they are proud of this accomplishment. It's more of a classic case of messaging to those that think there is voter fraud everywhere - oh look, we found voter fraud, 200k dead people!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't it a crime to publish Social Security numbers without approval?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. Amiga

Supporting Member

Not sure. It's absolutely wrong though.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know this myself so did a quick Google search about if it's illegal to publish Social Security numbers and found this.
    https://www.quora.com/Is-it-illegal...son to publicize anyone's SSN.,-The only time
    While it’s not categorically illegal to publish someone’s SSN, it’s a very stupid thing to do. Doing so inadvertently can result in civil liability in neglience if the individual subsequently suffers a loss through identity fraud. Doing so with the intention to cause harm through identity fraud is a crime and will result in both civil and criminal liability, usually for being an accessory to identity fraud. Identity fraud is a felony, a fairly serious one.

Amiga and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You guess?

That's the entire plan.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

9. Buck Turgidson

Os has found "allsides dot com", this can't be good for the bbs.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why don't you post your evidence of the most significant voter fraud in the last 15 years. There have been multiple investigations and lawsuits focused on the issue, so this should be easy.

No Worries and DaDakota like this.
  11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

I would say the most significant voter fraud is that which we cannot possibly discover without some lucky eyewitness. Like a mailman throwing out ballots. There have already been multiple occasions of people finding hundreds of blank mail in ballots, and tossing those is really no more difficult than tossing completed ballots. Most of our safeguards are around people not voting twice, but if someone's vote doesn't count, or someone votes that sould have been disqualified, that is equally wrong. California found the DMV had registered thousands of non-citizens to vote under their motor voter program. Thankfully, that was discovered before the election. We know that there have been over 1,000 convictions for voter fraud, but cannot know how many people have gotten away with it.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There is an Invisible Pink Unicorn that follows you wherever you go. Prove me wrong.

glynch and ROCKSS like this.
  13. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

Yes, you cannot know what you don't know. For 100,000 years of human history, no one had any concept of viruses or bacteria. Then it was discovered and now we know about it. Not having evidence of it was not proof that it didn't exist, it was just not yet discovered. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Obviously I cannot ask you to prove a negative, nor have I done so. I have not demanded people disprove the existence of unknown voter fraud. That doesn't mean precautions cannot be taken. If I can figure out ways to commit voter fraud without getting caught, other people can too.

14. No Worries

I will not blame you if you take the necessary precautions.

glynch and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There you go again claiming the 1000 convictions without the context of "since 1982 out of more than a billion ballots".

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. No Worries

As a hypothetical ...

Let's assume that members of a political party can not believe that their beloved candidate lost a fair election.

They make a hard assumption without any proof that there was massive cheating on the other side, as the only possible explanation for the election outcome.

To remedy their alleged massive voter fraud they propose legislative solutions, that on face value appears to limit ballot access, targeting their opposition party more so than themselves.

Can you agree that proposing solutions to ill defined problems is not the best course of actions?

Also investigating voter fraud, albeit potentially costly, can sort this issue out in its entirely. Republicans control state legislatures and the state's purse strings. They have not proposed doing a detailed investigation into voter fraud.

It appears that the Republicans are not interested addressing voter fraud but are interested in retaining political power.

#336 No Worries, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    glynch, TheRealist137 and joshuaao like this.
  17. Amiga

Supporting Member

"A mailman throwing out ballots" or your vote not being counted is obviously not a good thing. There is an easy way to counter this. Enable every voter to check and confirm that their vote was registered and not just registered, but registered correctly. Would you support this?

I don't think this is a big issue, but I see this as an actual real value without making voters "jump through hoop" to vote. This is giving voter a chance to confirm.

18. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

That b*stard is not going to get me, don't you worry.
    Sure, that would be helpful. It wouldn't help someone like my Mom, who can't really look up stuff on the internet, but it would help. It wouldn't help people that never voted because their absentee ballot never arrived. It wouldn't help with people that were voting other people's ballots who never intended to vote. The most secure form of voting would be in person voting with photo ID that created a paper ballot with some sort of code that you could later check to see that it was counted the same way you voted.

19. Amiga

Supporting Member

Businesses are speaking up. They understand what happen on Jan 6th, 2021. They understand that the Republican anti-voters laws are based on falsehood of voter fraud and that it is essentially a continuation of the Jan 6th, 2021 event. They know that chaos, anti-democracy will lead to problems for businesses.

1119 companies and counting. Civic Alliance

Protecting Voting Access | Civic Alliance

The Right to Vote is the Cornerstone of our Democracy.
    We believe every American should have a voice in our democracy and that voting should be safe and accessible to all voters. We stand in solidarity with voters 一 and with the Black executives and leaders at the helm of this movement 一 in our nonpartisan commitment to equality and democracy. If our government is going to work for all of us, each of us must have equal freedom to vote and elections must reflect the will of voters.

Our elections are not improved when lawmakers impose barriers that result in longer lines at the polls or that reduce access to secure ballot dropboxes. There are hundreds of bills threatening to make voting more difficult in dozens of states nationwide. We call on elected leaders in every state capitol and in Congress to work across the aisle and ensure that every eligible American has the freedom to easily cast their ballot and participate fully in our democracy.

20. Amiga

Supporting Member

Good. The key is it doesn't hurt any voters while providing a service that should help reduce accident and/or fraud, if there is any.

For the mail-in ballot case, send them out sooner and allow tracking of them. Gov should notify voters and USPS should provide free tracking for all ballots. Allow for easy process of lost/replacement.

You can create as a secure (and I would argue more secure) digital or mail-in ballots as in-person voting. The most efficient and secure vote is one that is all digitalized - but I know we aren't ready for that yet.