1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's Fantasy Keeper Baseball 2021 - DRAFT THREAD

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Mar 6, 2021.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Who ended the draft early on the site before I made my final pick? It wasn't me. It ended up not mattering, as I wanted Gregory Soto and nobody claimed him, but overall, not cool whoever it was. I know a few of you have commish access.

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Not cool. Wasn’t me. Sorry that happened, fade. Got an email the draft was over, so I went in to pick up someone.

3. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn who entered in all the names that fast, Fade was that you — that was quick....

Draft went pretty good and all those people complain about slow draft, I still like it....

Fade, I think your good, that last pick wasn’t going to save your team, somebody was trying to save you the embarrassment of screwing up the last pick of the draft, so shut it down early, but glad you were able to pick up your 13th RP before someone else took him.....

4. PhiSlammaJamma

5 players on the IL already after one weekend, Flaherty can't hold an 11 run lead, 5 starts and no wins. But one blow save by a reliever who gave up 0 earned runs. Good gosh. It's a glorious start.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I saw us lacking here and there so helped out where I could.

Wanted everyone to be ready for their lineup maneuvering (including myself) asap. I believe Fade actually shut the draft down prior to his pick and just grabbed himself a guy after the fact. His "13th reliever" I'm assuming lol

6. fadeaway

The draft had ended and was in regular season mode before I could pick, and two people had already made waiver claims. You must have clicked the "I am finished entering results" button.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Nah, I left that button up to you.

You were pretty much the only person left to pick so I was going to let you gift wrap your last pick to yourself.

8. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I think out of complete fairness regarding the last pick of the draft, pick #5,636,821 of the draft as important of a pick like that is to his success, especially since picking up that 45th RP is so crucial, we as a group must redo the entire draft............. to be fair there was already two stud waiver claims made, though neither was a RP!

9. fadeaway

After a Mack truck apparently rolled through all of my RPs like butter, I am going to need every one of those 45...

10. SamCassell

Now I’m curious about these amazing waiver claims. Which ones?

11. Rocketball

Supporting Member

There wasn't any (actually just a few players were dropped, not added), but we really need you to play along..............:p:p:p

12. fadeaway

There were two adds: Adam Ottavino and Jorge Polanco.

I guess these are the two amazing stud waiver claims?? You'll have to forgive Rook -- years and years of fielding subpar teams has lowered his standards beyond repair.

I'm just glad I got Soto in the end. Since Yates, LeClerc and now even Rosenthal are all likely out for the year, he's going to be a staple in my lineup, which is actually pretty sad. Really guessed wrong on the RPs this year big time.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Too many injuries for me, onto next year. Yelich has been bad for 2 years now, not any better than most players available in our FA pool right now, so I consider him a name more than anything (plus I wouldn't keep him over Trout/Degrom in the offseason).

So from my perspective, it was Ryu+Chapman for Bieber, who I'd rather have moving forward especially since I'll probably have to move Degrom before next keepers roll around.

15. fadeaway

I accepted because I feel I have a shot this year, so more of a "win now" decision, even though Beiber would be one of the best SP keepers.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I get the logic on both ends, but that's a hefty price (3 serviceable players) for a pitcher that was just transferred to the 60 day IL, keeper or not.

No picks were involved either.

@RedNation
    @fadeaway

17. fadeaway

@SamCassell what is up with your lineup? You had only Betts plugged in, and every other spot empty. Starting a full team is a requirement each week.

I filled it out based on the previous week's players, but looks like it will not record Monday/Tuesday numbers, so I will need to do a manual adjustment to add scores from those days.

18. SamCassell

@fadeaway is setting a full lineup a rule? I don't remember that being spelled out. Respectfully, the current settings incentivize me not setting a lineup. It's a H2H league where I'm eliminated from competition despite having the 3rd most points. And yet next year's draft position is based on points and not record. Seems like those settings are incongruous. I'd suggest changing the rule for next year's draft if you don't want me to sit players.

19. fadeaway

Yeah, setting a complete lineup each week was always a rule.

20. fadeaway

I mean, I can bring in end-of-year points+ penalties for unused lineup slots if you want something like that. We used to have something very similar when we previously had a season limit on SP/RP games. I think it was +25 pts for SP and +15 for RP.

Didn't really think something like that is necessary with this mature league, though, and it's more work for me. And really, the advantage from tanking when we essentially start the draft from the 8th round is pretty minimal.