1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. raining threes

I'm not the only person on tis MB that's heard this. You need to finish reading this thread.

You can bury your head in the sand if you wish and I get it. It doesn't fit your narrative.

I will be so glad when Caserio will finally be able to take out the Clemson trash.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I can see a team like the Raiders or Pats locking him down to a long term deal as soon as he comes off the suspension list. They just have to come out and say they found his apology sincere and believe people deserve second chances. I agree he may not be the same player because this can certainly have a mental effect on his game.

whag00 and IBTL like this.
  3. raining threes

Because he's a respected person in the community that I've known for 15 years and I know of the minority owner he speaks of.

If you choose not to believe what I've told you I'm fine with that.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do you think it makes a difference that 1 other person also heared it from a 3rd person?

The fact that you want this to true so badly tells me a lot about you.

What is my narrative?

The fact that I don't think you have great sources and can be being fed a narrative.

So now it's clemson trash that's the real problem?

LOL.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Respected by who?

And why should the minority owner be believed?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am actually surprised these "divorces" are just coming out now.

Makes me wonder if something else is coming to light.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Who's gonna be poppin' HEB poppers for us now?!?!

9. Fantasma Negro

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yesterday's press conference with his accusers was a really really bad look for DW4. This is regardless of the validity of the claims.

The Real Shady likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem for Deshaun is the Texans' contract now. He needs them now.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Honestly this team has nobody left. Who will HEB bring in from the Texans for their commercials? Brandon Cooks? David Johnson? Tunsil? Don't know what any of those dudes even look like

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

None of this a good look so I don't follow you, I don't think this moved the needle on his case much.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There's 2 courts at play here...the one where the lawsuit is filed, on one hand, and in the court of public opinion on the other. These companies care as much about the latter as the former. When you have women going on TV tearfully telling their story, that moves the needle a whole helluva lot for the companies that would otherwise pay him loads of money to be associated with him.

bigdaddy, JumpMan, BigM and 2 others like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

For the companies that ship had already sailed, this was before the PC.

Maybe they realized this was a good time to go ahead and break ties but IMO that was happening anyway.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It obviously did with major sponsors distancing themselves as a result. Yes none of this has been a good look but adding faces and names to the case is a big revelation.

Also the DM by one of Hardin’s character witness is pretty damning.

The Real Shady likes this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

Would not surprise me at all if this was true.

It is looking more and more believable that Preacher Easterby may have tried to have a come to Jesus talk with DeShaun about some of this behavior (Easterby is probably nosy as all hell and found out via the locker room talk grapevine) and DeShaun found it to be overreaching into his personal life and wanted out to somewhere where his activities aren't being judged.

the shark likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

See you don't know if that's why they did it and it makes no sense because everybody knew that these would start eventually, do you really think they where gonna keep him before the PC yesterday?

You are entitled to your opinion but I think his rep was already ruined and this PC really already baked into the narrative.

What DM is damning?

I think you are using the assumption that Watson could have somehow come away clean in all of this.

19. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

What was the DM from one of the character witnesses? I missed this.

20. phasors28

phasors28 Member

It introduced the first accuser and provided her name. After looking through her IG photos, she appears to be legit professional masseuse and not a James Harden groupie. Supplementing her testimony yesterday is the independent SI report from another seemingly professional masseuse. I can't speak about the other 21 accusations but these two really having me wondering WHY did Watson even go down this path? Was he trying to have fun like Harden or Pierce? Is it some sort a gross fetish? Regardless of the answer there are serious questions about assault and possible addiction that need to be addressed.

jiggyfly likes this.