1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

matt gaetz newest legal troubles...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Mar 30, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's a terrible problem please get help.

+

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You and Nook are expecting intellectual consistency out of the current Rightwing. That is one of the last things to expect out of them especially given the last few years.

Nook, joshuaao, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What I am expecting is that groups like the Heritage foundation, the Koch network, FoxNews, etc. all hire consultants to pull data to present them on what are the issues that move their voters.

When McConnell, McCarthy, and other Republican leaders are faced with a scandal, I do believe that the first and last calls about what to do about it are with these group leaders.

I believe that the data shows that actually elevating MTG actually works in their favor from a data, and polling perspective given where she is on the issues their voters care about (evangelical white Qanon stuff). I don't think that Matt Gaetz really elevates anything for them, and just might confuse their voters in the way that MTG will not.

There's a reason why Trump won in 2016 vs Ted Cruz. Nobody fought with Democrats more than Ted Cruz, but people didn't really care as much in their voter base. They chose Trump because he had something to say to their base that they were drawn to as repulsive as it was.

So I think it's important when looking at who has a future and who doesn't with the GOP, I think that's important. I would say MTG right now has a pretty bright future in the party of Qanon. Much more than Matt Gaetz or Gym Jordan, or Mike Pomeo, or whoever. If you put MTG on the debate stage next to Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Pompeo, Nikki Haley, and Gym Jordan... I actually think she'd stand out the most and be the biggest draw for their voters.

So .... no I'm not giving the right wing any sort of credit to intellectual integrity here. Quite the opposite actually.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree that Greene might have more upside than Gaetz. This isn't about that, it's about that the GOP clearly views things in a zero sum game. Getting rid of Gaetz might be perceived as giving Democrats a win that many of their supporters don't want.

You note Ted Cruz and Jim Jordan yet note they are still there. Ted Cruz won a close race against Beto but still won. There are credible accusations against Jordan regarding coverup sex scandals at OSU wrestling yet Jordan is still there.

Blatz likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

dc rock, Andre0087, Nook and 3 others like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Of course. I mean I know they won't kick out Gaetz unless they have to. Even then they might not. I'm more just trying to stress the importance in narrative & voter turnout issues with the Qanon child sex trafficking thing. Other than "Scary brown people coming to take your daughters" narrative, the pedophilia narrative is like the central issue. The "Save our Children" Facebook campaign was extremely successful the past year.

But yes more than likely a fact that one of their own "leaders" is doing what they claim Democrats are doing is unlikely to change the minds of their voters. They'll believe Gaetz was setup 365 days a week. So you are probably right. I'm just stressing the importance of that issue with their voters.

And it's an issue that is incredibly important to them holding ground with suburban women as polling suggests. More people with college degrees are likely to get sucked into the "Save our Children" rabbit hole. So if Gaetz is indicted, the Democrats would be foolish to not plaster his face as the leader of the Republicans, and remind voters all day every day that it's actually the Republicans who tolerate abuse against young women.

8. Nook

Nook Member

https://www.zikoko.com/wp-content/uploads/zikoko/2018/08/my-*****.gif

9. Buck Turgidson

Oh hell, now I can't unsee it.

Yep, occasionally to my detriment.

mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/06/matt-gaetz-revenge-p*rn-bill/

ryan_98 likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol I’ve been planting the seed for a while about a third she even gave me some choices of some pretty cute girls. Told me the other day she wouldn’t though . Threesoms (and more) sounds complicated with a lot of politics tbh.

Oh and once again gaetz is slimy pos but wouldn’t surprise me if they re-elected hkm

Nook likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. Buck Turgidson

London'sBurning, B-Bob and DonnyMost like this.
  15. dookiester

dookiester Member

shocking...right-wing group undeterred by right-wing poster boy's inappropriate / criminal conduct. there is no bottom for these folks.

Blatz, mdrowe00 and ryan_98 like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Three’s and fours can work but it really depends on the personalities involved. The biggest problem is jealousy... and as a guy, if you are going to push for a third to be a girl, then you have to accept that she may want to add a guy sometimes. While it is a whole lot of fun, it isn’t for everyone.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. AkeemTheDreem86

I think this needs its own D&D thread...

Invisible Fan, joshuaao, Nook and 2 others like this.
  18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

And featuring an “anti-trafficking activist”. Let the grift continue.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sure it's an issue that's incredibly important to them but we've already seen them look away when it's getting close to one of their own. Trump during a press conference expressed concern for Ghislaine Maxwell and their was silence from those on the Right crying about "Won't Anybody Think About the Children!"

20. Nook

Nook Member

It is really simple, I have done it with my girlfriend and now wife for nearly 20 years. It takes two people that really do not get jealous and that are really confident in their relationship. It isn't for most people, because most people get jealous and other people start to have strong feelings with other people they sleep with. I have seen it ruin relationships and also strengthen relationships.... but it has to be something both people are really interested in.

AkeemTheDreem86 and joshuaao like this.