1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Lance Z talked about this a week or so back. He said he was told Buzbees real goal is to tie the organization in the mess so he can have a real huge lawsuit. He is only about the money.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Just because the Texans let an employee use tables doesn't mean they would have know Watson's activities. He is going to have to prove someone knew or one of the alleged victims approached the Texans.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe he sues the McNairs into oblivion and he gets the team as a result. Would he be a better owner than Cal? That wouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

League should strip the Texans of a few more draft picks over the years. Want to see how bad this team can get.

Nook likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’ll be going after the league.
    Funny to see some in here wanting the Texans to go down because Watson is a creep lol
    If Texans were complicit, then by all means. Find that unlikely

Blatz likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nook likes this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

And if what a lot of people are speculating happened (that the Texans did know and why Watson wanted to be traded because they were interfering and trying to get him help) this could certainly blow up on the Texans and Watson.

If I was a betting man I'm sure there's quite a few people over on Kirby who knew what Watson was up to. Things just have a way of getting out and I'd also bet there are some disgruntled employees who may have some evidence (emails, texts etc) that could show the Texans knew.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, proving Deshaun really did some of this stuff is going to be tough. Proving the Texans were in on it will probably be even more difficult.

But I think by putting pressure on the NFL and the Texans will just cause more people to push Deshaun to settle. Him holding out now to "fight this" really serves no purpose, his reputation is gone....and pretty soon his pockets will be gone too.

9. Fantasma Negro

Excellent work

Nook likes this.
  10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, proving Deshaun really did some of this stuff is going to be tough. Proving the Texans were in on it will probably be even more difficult.

But I think by putting pressure on the NFL and the Texans will just cause more people to push Deshaun to settle. Him holding out now to "fight this" really serves no purpose, his reputation is gone....and pretty soon his pockets will be gone too.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This is sad and sucks on so many levels, but I can't get the image of DW being in the Longest Yard 4 qb in the State Pen out of my head https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-the-longest-yard-burt-reynolds/3633929 I loved that movie as a kid.

I thought (maybe hoping more) Buzzbee was posturing for a quick settlement, but lining up the Texans and NFL may force this unto a bigger stage. If DW tries to settle now he looks guilty and as someone said he'll have to settle the 22 existing and any that could potentially come out afterwards. This is a total ________ mess. The sheer numbers of women accusing and standing by him is just crazy.

How bout them Astros?

Nook, jiggyfly and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans would have traded him already if they knew. Texans' legal team would have flagged the risk to the organization.

cmoak1982 and primtim24 like this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Warmly welcome punitive damages.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This isn't like trading away your (All-Pro) wide receiver who had "character issues". This is trading away the only QB good enough to be called your franchise QB and is one of the top 5 at his position. It wouldn't surprise me if the front office knew about all of this but tried to do anything and everything (including approaching Watson's mom about his alleged f***ed up behavior) to try and control their franchise QB from continuing his off the field activities. I'm not saying that it's right or that it makes sense but a lot of things that occur in the NFL over the past 20-30 years don't either.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. PatBev

PatBev Member

This is why i have told my roommates since day 1 I have felt sketchy about it.

When you are that famous, you should only have 1 or 2 therapist that are on set schedules. It sounded like deshawn was having a new one every other week. That **** is sketchy

That is the part that I can’t wrap my head around. Especially in the me too cancel culture. You would be sooooo vulnerable to be accused of sexual assault

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because there are so many lawsuits, Deshaun is going to have to settle. He is going to have to take his medicine with the NFL. I don't think there is enough for criminal prosecution. The sooner he does this, the better for him and the Texans.

19. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

What would Future do?

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

molly percosat

jiggyfly and BigShasta like this.