1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Mar 14, 2021.

1. Aware

Aware Member

Congratulations to Baylor. What a dominant team!

[​IMG]

MadMax likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

One shining moment. Now March madness is done. Til next year!

3. PhiSlammaJamma

It wasn't even close. Baylor looked like an nba squad tonight and Gonzaga was thrashed.

4. raining threes

Congrats to the Bears

They were truly a band of brothers that sacrificed part of their individual games to become a great championship team.

Quickness both on defense and rebounding was the difference in the game.

MadMax likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Not at all.

6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Congratulations to Baylor for winning it all. They saved their best basketball for the last two games easily beating two very good teams in Houston and Gonzaga. In the Gonzaga game in particular it was blatantly obvious that the refs were trying to keep Zags in the game but Baylor found a way to build their lead back anyway and it never was really a close game from start to finish. Baylor dominated their last two opponents both offensively and defensively in a way you seldom see during the Final Four. With their outstanding coaching, team discipline, and what they have built there, Baylor is held and shoulders above everyone else right now. Unless someone figures them out or catches fire against them on an off night, or unless their coach leaves or they somehow experience a significant drop off in talent, Baylor has more championships ahead in its future.

ETA: Surprised that oddsmakers have Gonzaga as favorites to win it all next year. Baylor, UCLA, Michigan, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and Florida State in that order after Gonzaga as betting favorites. No mention of UH in the article I read. Still no respect for University of Houston. Sad, biased, and disappointing all at the same time.

#486 seemoreroyals, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Easy and MadMax like this.
  7. VanityHalfBlack

8. Buck Turgidson

Gonzaga has a stud PG recruit coming in, and are the favorites to get Chet Holmgren, who is a freak of nature. Seriously, look at this dude.

eta: espn gave the Coogs some love in their "way too early top 25":

24. Another one along the same lines as West Virginia and Baylor and a couple of others, this is a ranking with full faith in Kelvin Sampson figuring things out. Houston had four seniors in its rotation this season, including DeJon Jarreau, and Quentin Grimes could decide to use his late-season momentum and enter the NBA draft. Marcus Sasser does return, but he's the only starter. Tramon Mark was a consistent contributor off the bench and Reggie Chaney was one of four big men in the rotation, and both of them will be expected to see increased minutes. But Houston has won at least one game in each of the past three NCAA tournaments and has won at least 21 games in each of the last six seasons, and I find it hard to believe a Sampson-coached team won't be the American Athletic Conference favorite. Grimes or Fabian White returning for another season would be a huge boost.

#488 Buck Turgidson, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    YOLO likes this.
  9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

You call that love? I call that F U Houston. You're just lucky to make our projected way too early top 25. We hate you. That's why we wanted everybody you played to beat you.

Sorry Buck but I see no love from ESPN for the Cougars. They hate everything that has anything to do with Houston. It is what it is.

10. Buck Turgidson

Since I don't wear rose (or whatever yall call Cougar red) colored glasses, I call that a very fair assessment and some high praise for Sampson and the program.

11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

#24 is the lowest early ranking I have seen for next year on the Cougars so far. I have seen several projections for us as top 10 another at 12. The projection by ESPN for us at 24 is by far the lowest I have seen so far. I do like the song Rose Colored Glasses by John Conlee but in my case I am fairly objective in how I see the Cougars men's basketball program.

We have a lot of really good players coming back.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

I think the uncertainty around Grimes played heavily into that.

Also, thanks to you I now know the Official UH Colors are Scarlet Red and Albino White. Albino? Get woke, Coogs.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  13. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

And thanks to you I now know your school colors are Burnt Orange and White.

14. Buck Turgidson

Oh don't lie, everyone knows Burnt Orange. ;)

15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Wasn't sure about the shade of white.

16. Buck Turgidson

During my school years with Mackovic as coach, before DBU took over, Burnt Orange was a often a proper nickname for our defense.

MadMax likes this.
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I just couldn't pull for Rapey McMurderson U.

18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I will always be a UH fan first but do occasionally watch a few horn games. My favorite era was the Darrell Royal era. I used to enjoy their wishbone offense led by James Street annihilate every defense they played against. Nobody could stop them.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Use it to recruit, pull some people out of the hood.

:D

"I recently did a live interview and sadly misspoke using the word “hood” in reference to neighborhood. As the word came out of my mouth, I instantly knew it was the absolute wrong word. I know that I disrespected a countless number of people within our amazing Waco community, and beyond. I am deeply disappointed and saddened by my actions and offer each of you my most sincere apologies. I ask for your forgiveness and for the opportunity to seek redemption. It is my mission to right this wrong if at all possible.

We have a wonderfully diverse team of people here within our business. Many of our team members have been with us for many years. These amazing folks, come from all walks of life, cultures and ethnicities, They are the heartbeat of who we are, and they lead us to our successes. I value and respect each of them for what they bring to our business. My words have caused them great pain, grief and heartache. I spoke with our team this morning and apologized to them directly. Further, I have asked them to seek me out if they would prefer to chat one on one about their concerns. I welcome the opportunity to do better for our team.

12 years ago I moved into our Waco community and joined this great company. Our philosophy is to be consistently proactive within our communities and practice inclusion and fairness for all. We work diligently to provide support to many youth programs, local civic organizations, and much more. We cherish our community involvement throughout the Waco area, and beyond. We will continue to actively engage with you, support you and stand together to make things better each day. I humbly apologize and ask for your forgiveness as we continue our mission of community.

We train regularly here at the dealership. Sales and service, product knowledge, consumer protection and safety, are just a few of the many things we do to become better for you. Today, I am seeking out sensitivity and diversity training for myself and our team. It is important that I take the lead here and work to grow and do better for my family, our community and our team.

In closing, I once again offer my sincerest apologies for my actions. I know that I have failed you and ask for your forgiveness. I will work diligently to regain your trust and earn your respect.

Most Sincerely,

Ted Teague

General Manager

Allen Samuels DCJR"

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm all for forgiveness and second chances, because I've sure screwed up before....but what an unfortunate choice of words. Geez, man.