1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Victor Oladipo’s Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Mar 25, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

So anybody think Brictor can help the Heat? I’m not sure. He has to shoot more consistently, but I’ve been wondering all along if he wound be capable of shining in a role as a 3rd or 4th option instead of being miscast as a 1st like he was here. That obviously did nothing to help his trade value. Still pissed, but there are plenty of threads in the GARM to vent about that.

Also who does he take minutes away from? Not sure if he’s really an upgrade offensively on the floor over the guys you’re subbing him for, but does his defense make up for that? I’m interested to see how this plays out now that he’s on a real team.

#1 vator, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Definitely, he'll help them. He's back in the East and Miami is sitting at .500. There's plenty of minutes for him to be had for him, especially with injuries and guys being in and out all year

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. vator

And he’s much better defensively than Herro and Robinson.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

for sure. it definitely hurt them missing Crowder as a rotational player and hurt their depth big time. It didn't work out with signing Harkless and injury riddled Bradley coupled with all the guys being in and out. With stability and all their guys available they can finish the season pretty strong and have another playoff run. They can settle in as the 4th seed

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

In return, the Rockets get Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk and 2022 first-round swap rights,

so, effectively, Rox get these assets, such as they are, for trading away the Beard​

Jontro likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Help them do what? They are better, sure, but I don't know if it will amount to much.

Thankfully for them they lost close to nothing so they can try him out this half of the season, see if he fits, determine his value.

I have a feeling the plan was to get both Lowry and Oladipo and it probably was right on them to not trade Herro in this instance for Lowry.

I don't think this team has a chance at winning anything, just a really nice competitive team, like the team they're playing tonight, the Blazers.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe 2~4 more wins
    1 more win in the playoffs.
    I still don't see them getting out of the second round

Rocket River

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't even care gif.gif

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A straight bench player is what he's going to be. Herro is better than him

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He'll be fine in Miami where he gets to play 3rd fiddle behind Butler and Bam. Even if he blows up and performs well, good for him, because it'll be Riley and the Heat's issue when it comes time to re-sign him. Call me crazy but I would be okay with paying $20+ million for an Aaron Gordon or a Lauri Markannen than to fork over that kind of money for Oladipo.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think he will do well in Miami.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I know this is the dish but did Oladipo play enough games as a rocket to qualify for the the '[player] on [another team]' thread?

Oladipo was awful for us but since the Heat only gave up a bag of hot fries for him they should be happy pretty much no matter how well he plays.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. vator

Maybe, maybe not. I'm interested to see how he performs, but if nobody else cares to discuss Oladipo with me then it'll fall off the first page and "Fade into "Bolivan." Is what it is.

B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

30 mins sat ..night for heat 3-13, 8 points. Lot of fans on twitter mad they traded Kelly for this scrub lol.

chadyang likes this.
  17. omgTHEpotential

Let's not kid ourselves. Dipo is still in his athletic prime. He'll need some time to shake off the rust. Expect him to get back to his All-Star level next season.

Ubiquitin and chadyang like this.
  18. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

huh? what makes you think that?

RHU525 and Patience like this.
  19. omgTHEpotential

It was a similar thing last season when he was with the Pacers. When he came back from his quad injury he looked rusty as hell, similar to his current form, but then he was starting to play better and better and really started to look like an All-Star, but then COVID happened.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

People been saying this all year and he has been healthy over a year, he played in the bubble last year.

He also only played at an All-Star level for 2 years so maybe just maybe he is a slightly above average replacement level player and this is what you will get.