1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 4/4/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Mr. Space City

chris paul gonna put his foot in our ass

[​IMG]

chadyang, HP3, sirjesse and 1 other person like this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

realistically, in a best case scenario Porter would be a 6th man and Wood would be like a 4th option on a real contending team.

I think we need to curb our expectations a bit with these guys.

Mr Woods, chadyang, Patience and 4 others like this.
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Don’t speak reason in here. This is like that spaceship movie with Samuel Jackson where physics has no dominion over reality.

hakeem94, chadyang, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I thought we might win, but I was never sure of it. It's sad to see the Rockets in such a state of unhappiness. The tanking continues to be successful. I hope that we will be rewarded with a top 4 pick. We have suffered too much.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DEAR REPORTERS - Do Not Ask Coach Silas about any injured players
    HE DOES NOT FRICKING KNOW!!! EVER!!!

Rocket River

hakeem94 and Little Bit like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

No reason to play C.Wood to further injury and if they want to win this season, he needs to be shelved. And let the soon to be ex-Rockets (Kelly O) play. 20 FTs, only making 50% of them. Since coming back, most of his REB, AST, BLK, POINTS and other significant stats are down.

hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  8. juanming

juanming Member

I will make this quick

Once again like the other game I am drunk again so here comes my second post being drunk

It's kind of random it has nothing to do with the game but here it goes I now have a fetish for Corey krispert

Stone need to figure out a way to Come Away with this draft with Mobley and Krispy krispert and I will be a happy man ( or wowan depends on my mood)

I saw highlights of Krispy today..scary..just scary .like a machine from 3 pt land..just scary

I want him to be a rocket plus he will put women's butts in the seats cuz he looks like a damn model

Good night

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Mr. Space City

breaking news: kenyon martin jr is good at dunking.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wood is what he is to me, but if Porter can reach solid starter on a playoff team, I’d be fine with that outcome

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Rockets guarding the other teams center:

upload_2021-4-4_19-49-3.gif

12. Mr. Space City

here's cayleigh and calvin in pink to cheer everybody up

[​IMG]

chadyang, txtodd, Patience and 6 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

right now KPJr reminds me of D’angelo Russell if he had a below average shot and more athleticism

hakeem94, chadyang and raining threes like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Kelly Olynyk reminds me of James Harden but if he moved off ball.

hakeem94 and chadyang like this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

16. raining threes

Is that Juzang kid coming out in the draft?

He would look pretty good in Rockets Red. I mean Blue Dammit Tilman.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Porter seems to be still very raw. Shows flashes of brilliance at times. When he switched to SG, he seemed to play much better rather than facilitating at PG. Wood is definitely not the 4th option. He will excel when there is a pass-first type PG and who has the ability to pass better inside. Wood attempted only 11 shots tonight out of which 6 were at the 3pt line. That is simply coach's poor use of the player's strengths. He has been consistent for the most part so I am not sure what has changed for you by watching this one game that has tank strategy written all over it.

hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He does need to be more aggressive.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Tired of this excuse. Even when Wood was played with Harden, KPJ, DJ, Wall, Dipo as PG's this season. None are able to consistently get him "touches"/shots. There's a reason for that and that's on Wood.

Here's the Strengths/flaws I see in Wood's game that's becoming more and more apparent.

Strength,
    -ability to finish in the paint. Once Wood gets into the pain either by a pass or by a drive, he has a really nice touch and some go-to moves that usually end up being a foul or basket
    -Can shoot some open 3's if needed, a bit streaky due to his form.

Weakness
    -Does not know how to set picks, he has one mode on PnR, he will only slip and dive to the rim. This puts a lot of pressure on the ball handler to make a difficult pass above defenders. This is also easily countered by the other teams because they just body Wood up and there's no pass.
    -Does not read the defense, especially in the high post. If you watch Kelly and Wood in the post, it's honestly night and day. Kelly is always looking for someone to hit on cuts. If nothing works he will look to attack. Wood rarely surveys the floor correctly, he usually has his mind set already to attack, and will only throw the ball out last second when he sees a bunch of people in the paint.
    -Easily bullied out of positions. This is one of the main reasons he gets so few shot attempts a game. He can't hold his position on offense to receive the ball. I don't know how many times he starts in the low post trying to get position, and then end up receiving the pass with a foot on the 3 point line.

Wood is a very interesting case. In a vaccum he is a very talented offensive player with all the length and tools. His stats look great too because he is has an exceptional touch around the rim and he usually doesn't take bad shots. But so many things stick out when you actually watch him play, and it's obvious why he's not yet an all star. It's the very basic things like positioning, pick setting, bad dribble handoffs, bad passes etc.

20. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Start olynyk at the 4, move either house or brown to the bench.

it ain’t really rocket science.