1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020/21 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

this is the year dortmund finally wins

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This did not age well. VDB got his chance yesterday and he was total and complete crap. He has no situational awareness and isn't aggressive enough on the ball. Way too many negative plays when he got on the ball...which wasn't often because he's never in the right place. It could be just a matter of experience but until a top 4 place is mathematically clinched, I wouldn't give him any significant minutes. Every game played until that point has to be wins and they can't have his negative play on the field.

McTominay is a very good player and a very important player. I would rather, once all are healthy, a central midfield of Bruno, Pogba and McTominay. Fred is a workhorse but he offers nothing offensively. McTominay is a much more complete player.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

African associations never cease to amaze.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

TBF to Cameroon, he hasn't played for them since 2019. He could've created a new gmail/yahoo/outlook email account and forgot to give it to the Cameroonian FA.

Lol but nah they probably just messed it up. Would be funny if they sent the call up email to some other player who had a call up a while back and is currently playing like crap but all of a sudden he gets an email telling him to come on down and join the national team. :D

5. ferrari77

I saw his post as well and told myself I had to reply to it but forgot. Yeah that was never a good post by Dakota. Fred gives you nothing that you can't get from many other reserve team/u21 players. He's a workhorse and when paired with McTominay he looks decent but he is still not worth putting out there for 90 minutes.

Rob Dawson on ESPN had a good piece on Fred, OGS and United in which he asked, would Fred get into Leicesters midfield? The obvious answer is no. He's not displacing either Tielemans or Ndidi.
    I wonder about VDB. Perhaps his confidence has been diminished with the lack of playing time this season. He is a better player than he showed(at least from what I remember seeing at Ajax. Perhaps the other Ajax fans on here can correct me on that).

Like you said though, Bruno, Pogba and McTominay as long as Pogba is healthy.

6. Raz

Raz Member

Hurt while playing for Poland in a match versus Andorra. Never though I could hate international breaks more.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Farewell, Kün.

JumpMan likes this.
  8. Aware

Aware Member

Never liked kun until recently when i caught a few of his streams on twich. pretty funny guy.

For sure one of the best PL players of all time and someone who paved the way for smaller latin american players in england. There is a big push for him to come back to Indepndiente in Argenina lol I doubt that happens.

Anyway, here he is singing cumbia back in the day

lmao

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The fact that Loew is still our coach is such an embarrassment.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. ferrari77

I thought this but didn't post it back then. How tf was he allowed to stay on after 2018?
    It's bad enough when they don't have the good sense to step away after a WC win like Jacquet and Lippi. Loew did the same crap that Del Bosque did and is just tarnishing his legacy after a magnificent World Cup win.
    Someone should have stepped in and strong armed him into retiring/stepping away from the team in 2018 since that wasn't done after 2014. At least if that was done in 2018 then I doubt the German fans would've been upset at whoever took the blame for pushing Loew out right?

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. ferrari77

One of the 5 best PL strikers of all time and also one of the three most underappreciated PL strikers imo. (underappreciated in terms of football writers, players and perhaps fans as well).

12. omgTHEpotential

Is it the same guy who likes to scratch his crotch during games?

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And fishing for boogers.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not a pretty win by United today but it'll do...especially on a weekend with Chelsea (5-2 to West Brom...wtf?) and Leicester loosing. 11 points clear of 5th place now with 8 to play. 2 more wins ought to do it.

Made a bet with an arsenal loving friend of mine that United wouldn't finish in the top 4. Prize is a $150 bottle of bourbon. Man is that going to taste goooooood. Going to make him watch me drink it, too.

On Chelsea, Maybe our German brethren can fill me in a bit more...is Teuchel horribly overrated and/or just a Morinho/Pep level *******? The guy just comes off as a complete schmuck.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nom nom. (Better do that at home or better not do it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ramotadab and Yung-T like this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Flick is a total clown for starting Alaba again and again, he's been our biggest weakness for a year now and doing amateur mistakes on defense every game.

And why not give Musiala some minutes ffs.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jerry Lin- Gard Only Fan.