1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dame Lillard "I'm too solid for this weird azz era"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pringles09, Mar 31, 2021.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

did know they gave out participation prizes for making it 7 games vs getting swept.

Dame also beat Harden's team in the playoffs while Harden laid an egg on the court, so that's gotta count for something

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

clowns like Ramose would’ve turned on Lillard long ago if he was the franchise player here

swept in the 1st round by the freaking Pelicans while averaging 18 ppg for the series on 35% shooting...he barely shoots over 40% from the field for his playoff career

in that game 7 they had against Denver to make that WCF that Lillard got swept in, Dame scored 13 points on 3-17 shooting getting saved by CJ who dropped 37...no one said a word

Harden goes for 32, 6, and 6 against GS in game 7, and he gets destroyed

Dame shouldn’t be speaking on things that don’t concern him...he’s a 2nd tier player, and nobody cares about the legacies of 2nd tier players...they can retire ringless and it won’t matter

if Dame received the heat that the real all-time greats get, then we’d see how loyal he is

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah except nobody thinks Lillard is a top 5 player in the league, MVP, most potent offensive player of all time, "better scorer than MJ" etc.

Duke Fan likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

francis 4 prez likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

so then Lillard should stfu about his loyalty...he has zero pressure to win a ring, and none of his many failures ever get scrutinized

Lillard is the same dude who scored 13 points on 3-17 shooting in a game 7 against the Nuggets, and no one said a word

vator and jiggyfly like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's the entire point they don't and they don't give prizes because you stayed with one team the entire time.

LA beat Hardens team Dame was second fiddle at that time, it's crazy that you bring that up are you giving him a prize for that?

How did Harden lay an egg when he scored more ppg than Dillard?

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you honetly think Harden held back the rockets??? LOL

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't even know what your point is. You kept saying Lilard can't make it out of the first round when he obviously has made it as far as Harden as a Rocket, in fact he went past the first round beating Harden's team.

Harden shot 37% from the field and 29% from 3 against Portland while we lost 4-2 with a home court advantage, if that's not laying an egg I don't know what is.

I don't know what all this has to do with him being loyal to his organization. You can down play his playoffs all you want, but that has nothing to do with loyalty.

calurker likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I never said Lillard can't make it out of the 1st round, you just chose to focus on that to make some kind of point But you did say Harden laid an egg in that series which he did not and you ignore the guy that really won that series for them in LA.

I have said all I need to say and I don't give a flying **** about loyalty.

10. vlaurelio

performance matters. if he was truly good he would have won something already or teams will line up and offer everything/sacrifice their future and make him their franchise player.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Memory loss perhaps?

it's great you don't give a flying **** about loyalty, but some people do.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

??? how does that make any sense. He signed an extension with Portland and said he is never leaving.

Why would teams offer their future to make him their franchise player when he says he doesn't want to go anywhere. Did the Nets make an offer for Harden before he requested a trade?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you read do you not know what consistently means?

Lillard has been past 1st round 3 times out of 7 and has been swept in 1st 3 times and only went 5 games the other.

14. vlaurelio

yeah because no one's interested in him. no one's offering him the max and the keys to their franchise

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LMFAO All Harden did was screw the Rockets. Nothing else.

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This guy again LOL

Lillard-
    Clutch: Check
    Loyal: Check
    Personality: Not a team cancer
    Shot: Check
    Big Numbers: Check

Harden-
    Clutch: No
    Loyal: No
    Personality: A total team cancer
    Shot: For 3 quarters but not the 4th
    Big Numbers: His claim to fame

You were saying? You guys are funny. God forbid anyone who speaks the truth and criticizes Harden for actually being the man. I rather lose like a man than lose like a side hoping chump. Respect to Dame. People like Reeko, Jiffy, YOYO will believe whatever ESPN and Harden tells them.

BamBam likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Damien Lillard swept 3 times in the 1st round swept 4 times in the playoffs.

Harden never swept in a playoff series.

vlaurelio and Reeko like this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

As has been said. Lillard is a tier two star who no one expects to carry a franchise to a title.

He has no legacy pressure. And he knows it.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Like I said, clowns like u would’ve turned on Lillard long ago. When Harden gets swept in the 1st round with HCA averaging 18 ppg or averages 22 ppg on 37% in a WCF let me know. If Dame dropped 13 points on 3-17 shooting here like he did in Portland, we’d see if you’d still be on your knees for him.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

apparently 2 clutch shots in the 1st round erases all that, but these are the same dudes who call taking GS to 7 of the WCF a participation trophy...lol