1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] GODZILLA vs KONG

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 3, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Godzilla = Matt Gaetz

Florida Coast = Under Age Girls

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i had that happen once during the movie Twister. the entire thing caught fire and went up in flames

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It’s fun and if you don’t think it’s fun, you aren’t a fun person.

Would I pay to see it in the theaters? Maybe. Totally worth the under 2 hour run time on HBO Max.

jiggyfly, B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I didn’t know the prison pocket kid from Deadpool was in this! Movie keeps getting better

B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Cold Kong made me sad :(. Team Kong!!!

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Also idk who this Latina actress is but I’m in love

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

A ton of stupid crap happens to quickly push the plot along. I kind of found that annoying.

"Hey, can you do this thing for me?"
    "Sure, I'm not even going to question whether it's a good idea or not."

"I'm a researcher and an adoptive mother. I suck at both. I didn't know Kong learned sign language because even though we have cameras all over the island, I apparently let my adopted daughter go off on her own to have secret sign language conversations with Kong where I couldn't monitor them."

"Are you piloting a vehicle that you didn't even know existed yesterday?"
    "Yep. I even know what all the buttons do."

"My father built these vehicles and I know they're going to survive the reverse of the gravitational pull but on the way to hollow earth, I'm going to act surprised when Dr. Scientist describes what's about to happen."

"Oh, no! Godzilla is here!"
    "Quick, fire guns and fly airplanes at it because that's always worked before."

Kid from Deadpool was the most useless thing ever. I think he was just there because they didn't want Millie Bobby Brown to be alone with an adult male conspiracy theorist for 2 hours.

However, the giant monster fights were really, really good. Probably the best I've seen. And unlike the last Godzilla movie, they didn't interrupt the fight to further the human plot every 5 seconds.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Thats a win for Godzilla, ref would have stopped the fight.

I can't imagine not watching this at the theater. I don't give a damn what system you have, this was made for the big screen.

Aware, mikol13, JamesC and 2 others like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Kong had to pull a Durant and join a 73 win team

Kim, mikol13, Xerobull and 1 other person like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

That was a fun ride. People poo pooing it probably like stupid movies like Rocky.

Xerobull likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It was solid, but it was the worst of the series imo

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The animation quality felt a little underwhelming for what the movie is, and it being 2021 and all.

Outside of that, it was okay.

JamesC and STR8Thugg like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

AOC

tinman likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Tried to watch last night but too much buffering. I guess HBO Max was a little overwhelmed.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I thought the same thing lol

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you a Pacific Rim guy? ;)

Thanks for this breakdown it's everything I need some of these critiques make zero sense its a giant monster vs giant monster movie WTF do you want.

How does it stack up against Kong Island, I liked that movie just not the big bad monster Kong was fighting.

In retrospect they handle the exposition and human characters pretty well from what I remember.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Loved Pacific Rim (obviously). In fact, Legendary Studios owns the rights to Pacific Rim, Godzilla and Kong and there's talk of a crossover.

I would say Skull Island is the best acted and scripted movie in the series, hands down. But the battles in this one are the best. Kong is sort of the heart of the movie, Godzilla is more two-dimensional and more of a force of nature in the movie. That's OK because if you've watched the series they've established him and his motivations; he's the protector of the Earth and the Alpha Titan. He fights any new Titans that pop up to stay on top.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't really like the Mythos they have created with the Titans is kind of Hokey don't think they need motivations and can just lean into their natural animal instincts which probably makes less sense but I don't get the Titans stuff.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Still trying to figure out how a remote robot taking measurements of an energy source enables you to instantly copy it with no engineering work at all.

If I take a photo of the STNP with my phone can I generate nuclear power in my car?

The plot made sense like a dream makes sense. The dots are connected, but almost at random.

20. Xerobull

Yeah, it's hokey especially with Monarch and their Country of the USA-level infinite budget and military. In the originals the monsters always duked it out for supremacy, so that part is acceptable. But the originals were all hokey to an extent, too.

I think it was an analysis of the way the power was created or some crap like that. You just have to suspend belief with their tech in this movie. It's like Superman's powers....he has whatever he needs to win the day. I mean, the tech company had a giant superconductor tunnel from the East Coast of the US to Hong Kong. The planet is hollow. It's all crazy.

jiggyfly likes this.