1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Rockets traded James Harden for nothing.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Mar 25, 2021.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I kinda doubt that

I think that was a narrative early on especially while people were still giving him **** for analytics . It was newer school NBA and he received typical insider pushback

didn’t stop us from keeping scola , Hayes , harden . Or getting Dwight , CP3 etc

Who was a big profile FA who left or refused to come here because of Morey ? I don’t remember , I’m sure there was one tho .

but like , I remember some talk around that like 2010-2013 , but then didn’t hear much about that . We were just striking out trying to get max guys , but even being in the top 2-3 choices isn’t bad . Plus , you never know WHY a player doesn’t wanna be here (I remember Gasol) it might not have to do with Morey .

his reputation improved . Certain types of players only wanna go to the top 2 favorites or want $ that we wouldn’t give them .

we coulda torn it down like we are doing now , but there’s no guarantee that would have made us any more attractive.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What are you guys talking about !? James
    Harden still plays in 2 rockets games
    A year and now we don’t even have to pay him !

topfive likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

dachuda86, jiggyfly and BigShasta like this.
  4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Yeah, ¨the Rockets accommodates players¨ narrative is a media spin coming straight from the 90s. What a joke, at least they should invest in decent PR.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Too much lack of accountability in here.....sad that so many would just accept poor behavior.

Only one player quit on the floor......

DD

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We would have been fine if we kept on to Paul (Harden's fault there), but the team was going nowhere with WB and became even worse with Wall.

Harden is playing with bonafide superstars now when they return. It is what it is.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

I know you still have hurt feelings about the way things ended. You wanted James to stay. You made a thread begging him to give the team another chance. He played some games with John Wall and that only solidified the idea in his mind that this team wasn't going to get it done. Now you make post after post bringing up that he quit and criticizing people that don't share your opinion like you can't accept the fact that not everybody here has the same viewpoint that you do. We all know what happened. We lived through it just like you did. I accept that you feel the way you feel. I really do, I don't agree, but I'm ok with that. There are some who feel like you do for sure, but there are many who have tried to see things from James's perspective. I had been worried that he was going to force his way out for a while because of the constant ducking of the luxury tax. Championship teams pay the tax to put the best product on the floor and take full advantage of their windows. Period.

At the end of the day, he knew what we all have come to understand the hard way as the season has progressed and that is that this team is indeed not good enough to win a championship. He gave us 8 years. Unfortunately, many of you would rather he waste what little bit is left of his prime years of being able to play basketball toiling away here aimlessly trying to do the impossible. He knows his personal window as an elite player is closing and it is his legacy that is on the line and will be evaluated at the end of the day. He wanted a chance to compete and attain the one thing missing on his resume. Look how much differently he is being viewed nationally already. He could've easily taken the massive contract extension they offered him and continued to do what he's been doing and not gotten the recognition that he's always deserved.

The man wants to compete for a title. I can't knock him for that.

Maromi likes this.
  8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Harden Asking price includes a proven young star.
    Avery Bradley is not a proven young star. It’s hard to trade Bradley for a proven young star in summer.

Oladipo asking price includes 1 young good player and 2 first round picks.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Houston Rockets trade ol’ busted McGrady and fan favorite Carl Landry plus a couple picks to whocaresland in exchange for 8 years of playoff runs during this decade plus 7 years of first round picks and swaps from New Jersey Nets maturing in 2022.

- Rockets headline from 2010

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

And the basketball gods blessed us with Kevin Porter Jr. in return

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Excellent move by Stone

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Fertita didnt trim the margins though he just said dont increase expenses. Rox spent the exact same amount in salary as they did the year before they reached the Finals. Fertita said he will spend over the lux tax line only if Rox make the Finals which I think is a reasonable argument.

The one who chose to make Ennis the Ariza replacement was Morey, Fertita didnt tell Morey to get Ennis specifically that was Morey. Maybe if he didnt keep trading our 1st round picks away we'd have that SF replacement in house instead of having to pay for someone in FA.

Parking House just to avoid paying him....lol Fertita extended Cp3 the max for 4 years I dunno why you think he'd be afraid of a contract guarantee. Even when he hit FA House only got paid 3M which isnt exactly bank breaking and also only 1/5 of what Ariza made. Fertita is only afraid of the lux tax Rox have spent right at that threshold every year. Even Les Alexander has never paid the tax except for like 1-2 yrs so why should Fertita be held to a diff standard? And Alexander even got a ring with Hakeem Fertita hasnt even experienced a Finals appearance yet but ok he the cheapest owner in history for not paying the lux tax.

A lot of the stuff Fertita gets blamed for is due to Morey's mistakes in GMing, his past behavior of going all in every season just caught up to the Rockets. I mean everyone is angry about the WB trade, but what about the Cp3 trade? That was all Morey and Cp3 already said he was gonna come only to Houston anyway. Having lost so many asseta for Cp3 only to trade him away a year later, thats why Rox needed to pay up so many picks.

#252 roslolian, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I mean just look at Philly and their buy out market. Nobody even put them on their watch list its either Brooklyn, Lakers or Miami lol.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Allen already got flipped for a first and 24M in salary relief. An additional FRP isnt worth 24M in the eyes of owners.

The only mistake was not keeping Levert over Dipo. Levert is playing as badly as Dipo did here but at least he is cheaper and we woulda gotten an additional 2nd round pick when it got discovered he had a mass or w/e. Rox got badicalky nothing for Dipo and potentially could make the Heat's draft pick worse.

That was a horrible move and IMO made the Harden haul worse, Levert and 2nd round pick is prob worth a late lotto all in all.

#254 roslolian, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    chadyang likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who cares though? Its an irrelevant fact they all billionaires what right do you have to tell others how to spend their money? If I have the ability to tell Fertita how to spend his billions I'll make hin donate it to charity and enviroment preservatioj over the Rockets.

The point is if Fertita is spending almost as much as the old owner was then he shouldnt be called super cheap for no reason.

16. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Chris Bosh? LeBron James? Carmelo Anthony (the first time)? Possibly Jimmy Butler? Kevin Durant?

Perhaps the retort is LeBron would never come to Houston (evidently he hated Morey based on his uncalled for comments regarding the Hong Kong situation). And Houston dodged bullets with Bosh and Anthony. Or Butler's issue was not with Morey in particular. Or Durant decided against Houston because of dysfunction.

I'd still contend the perception about Morey and how he treated players as assets didn't sit well with players or their agents.

roslolian likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I've seen John Wall quit multiple times.

Get a better narraitve.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LOL

Sometimes takes are too ignorant to respond to. Not calling “you” ignorant, but if you can’t even acknowledge all the obvious cost cutting measures....

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you cut cost you dont end up spending the same amount as the year before. Simple logic you just let the narrative color the way you think.

You forgot the reporter who Fertita called out and shamed? Of course you did cuz it doesnt fit the narrative.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Haha April fools!

Oh