1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

matt gaetz newest legal troubles...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Mar 30, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This may explain why rumors popped up that gaetz was considering a job with newsmax...

Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17
    An inquiry into the Florida congressman was opened in the final months of the Trump administration, people briefed on it said.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/...vestigation.html?referringSource=articleShare

Deckard, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

What is the deal with middle aged men falling hard for teenage girls and risking everything for a relationship with them.

This guy is nearly 40 and he is alleged to have a relationship with a 17 year old that he took on trips with him.

He also has had some questionable relationships with a Cuban brother of a girlfriend he had......

Now he is claiming that they are going after him because he was "too generous" to ex girlfriends? Why release that statement..... if you weren't slaying a high school junior, then come out and say "I have never had a sexual relationship as an adult with a minor, no girl under the age of __ has traveled with me as my girlfriend or companion."

Instead he makes a snide comment...

#2 Nook, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  3. NewRoxFan

He thought he was clever just a few days ago...

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Shortened for efficiency. :cool:

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Prefer WaterGaetz.

thank you, I'll be here all week.

6. NewRoxFan

Oy... his past tweets will all be coming back to haunt him...

[​IMG]

7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't you mean his "son".

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Surprised it was an underage girl.

9. NewRoxFan

He is certain she didn't look underage...

Matt Gaetz says he's under federal investigation for sexual misconduct
    Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), one of the nation's rising-star conservative firebrands, told Axios he is under federal investigation for sexual activity with women, and fears being criminally charged.

What he's saying: "The allegations against me are as searing as they are false," Gaetz said in a 13-minute phone interview with Axios. "I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know when I was a single guy."

• Axios reported earlier Tuesday that Gaetz has privately told confidants he's seriously considering not seeking re-election, and possibly leaving Congress early for a job at Newsmax.
    The big picture: Gaetz, 38, said the specifics of the allegations are "unclear," and he said he's been told "very little." But the New York Times reported late Tuesday afternoon that the Justice Department is investigating Gaetz "over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him."

• "The allegations of sexual misconduct against me are false," Gaetz told Axios. "They are rooted in an extortion effort against my family for $25 million … in exchange for making this case go away."
    • Gaetz sent Axios screenshots of text messages, emails and documents outlining the alleged extortion scheme, which he claimed was being run by a former DOJ employee. The Justice Department declined to comment.
    Sounding shaken, Gaetz said that for weeks, he and his father been working with the FBI in the Northern District of Florida on the extortion case. Gaetz said his lawyers were informed by the Justice Department that "I was not a target but a subject of an investigation regarding sexual conduct with women."

• Asked what the charges could relate to, Gaetz said: "I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated. You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not."
    Gaetz said he was "absolutely" confident none of the women was underage.
    https://www.axios.com/matt-gaetz-se...nic&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=twitter

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Mouthbreather cons don't care he swings both sides of the barely(?) legal aisle as long as he doesn't swing both sides of the aisle and vote Yes on Democrat initiatives.

FranchiseBlade, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the most shocking part of this story is that it was a 17 year old girl.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Did he piss off Bill Barr?

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I don’t know anything about this investigation, but I hate this guy’s face. You see this guy walking towards you and you roll your eyes knowing he’s going to do or say something obnoxious.

Xerobull, Rashmon, Deckard and 10 others like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Too funny...

B-Bob likes this.
  16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

The “people” at the DOJ trying to criminalize his behavior would be none other than Republican-President-Trump-appointed Bill Barr. Why would Bill Barr dare to commit such an act?

Oh, this was also eye-opening in case anyone missed it:

His vote against was done in the name of fighting sprawling government growth. :rolleyes:

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thank you I feel the same way.

Has a a guy ever looked more like he would "date" a 17 year old as a grown as man?

****in live action Jimmy Neutron.

[​IMG]

ryan_98 and B-Bob like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is the case that started it all.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...0210330-moyyt73tbzhrlmpjcwkqv2oeyq-story.html

The probe of Gaetz reportedly stemmed from the investigation of Greenberg, who faces a slew of charges including sex trafficking of a child. He is currently slated to stand trial in June.

Greenberg resigned as tax collector in June, after he was arrested at his home by federal agents. He faces 14 charges, including allegations that he stalked a political opponent, illegally used a state database to create fake IDs and sex trafficked a minor.

Federal prosecutors charge that Greenberg used his access as an elected official to a confidential state database to look up information about a girl between the ages of 14 and 17 with whom he was engaged in a “sugar daddy” relationship.

Greenberg also is charged with producing “a false identification document and to facilitate his efforts to engage in commercial sex acts,” according to federal indictments filed with the U.S. Attorney’s office in August.

Several former employees told the Orlando Sentinel that Greenberg often mentioned how he and Gaetz were close friends, and that the congressman would often visit him at his Lake Mary home.

FranchiseBlade, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

Kim, FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.