1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets traded James Harden for nothing.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Mar 25, 2021.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

What on Earth are you talking about? When did I mention luxury tax, when did the person I quoted even mention it? Capela being injured isn’t speculation, it’s fact. So is Covington’s playoff performance, so is the fact we then traded him for a pick and CWood.

fckbandwagons and joshuaao like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The roster management from the summer of 2018 onwards has been some of the worst in recent NBA history. Unfathomably bad.

3. derp

derp Member

If you are trying to win yes, if you are trying to save money they have been great moves. Thankfully we have an owner who will treat this like a business and will happily try to cash as big of checks as possible.

On a serious note Tillman is the reason I'm spending a lot more time with my family so it isn't all bad I guess. Tillman is just trying to watch out for our family lives

4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I´m mentioning luxury tax because it has been the driving force behind every move with Fertita at the helm. You can't just ignore it. And so I believe it's an important factor when we review the trade.
    That's why I can't consider a fact your reading of the Capela trade, it could be just as speculation as the one from the last poster, there has not been confirmation from any source regarding your theory.

5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Exactly, and that's the reason why It's hard to judge Stone´s tenure. But some posters here want us to believe the Rockets are playing 4D-Chess.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The James Harden Trade is Still Incomplete because the Rockets need to Draft for many years with those Nets Draft Picks.

To determine if the Rockets trade was Good or Bad. Who knows what will happen in 3 NBA Years.

Harden, Kyrie, Durant are in their 30s and Irving, Durant are injury prone, Irving with a Wire in his knee, Durant with a broken foot, plate and screws, also Torn Achilles.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. foggy94

foggy94 Member

What part of my post isn’t fact? Are you saying it’s theory that Clint Capela was injured? Are you saying it’s theory Covington shot 50% from 3 in the playoffs? Are you saying it’s theory we traded him for a first and Christian Wood?

8. derp

derp Member

We traded the likely MVP/ a top 5 player (maybe top 1 or 3) for future draft hopefuls. That isn't a good bet.

They might not turn into great picks. Harden alone has proved several times over you only need him to be a high seed. Even if they do bottom out and we get a #1 draft pick from it there still has to be a player in that draft that can be a super star. I get doing it for an all star level player, but Harden is on a different tier.

How much of that was Stone vs Tillman we might never know. Did they prioritize return or expiring deals? Based on Tillman's history I'd say expiring.

BamBam likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

You will almost never get equal value when you trade a superstar. The best we can hope for is that the ping pong balls drop right and that Stone aces the picks. If we get really lucky, we'll have traded away Herschel Walker for a buttload of picks and used one to draft Emmett Smith.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Connecting facts does not make your interpretation of those facts the single truth.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. riko

riko Member

Right now it’s him if they put their biased aside.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do we really believe Stone, that he would really do everything exactly the way he did with Harden?

Laughable.

derp likes this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I wonder if the rockets could of gotten insane offers if they would of just let him sit out the half season til the deadline.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I really dont think so especially if he wasn't even playing. For all they know hes fat and washed.... if teams could go back in time knowing what they know now then yes the offers would be substantially better.

If the rockets really wanted something to show for this trade they shouldve taken simmons. Draft picks are good, but remember there teams they have been in the lottery almost 10 or more years straight and still suck. It can be easier than you think to miss on draft picks.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe the celtics or nugget would have gotten desperate.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Smh

derp likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nets fans love Harden more in 32 games than Rockets fans did in 8 seasons.

derp likes this.