1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Yeah it’s a real in-depth breakdown. Different sections. First two minutes show his athleticism.

At the 2:25 mark is when they start showing Green’s ability to get his own shot.

Skim through some it if necessary.

D-rock and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Yeaaaaaaah I probably should have watched the next few minutes. It's a highlight reel and all, but his talent and skills at his size are ludicrous. Now I'm gonna watch the rest and see if he can play defense. Not a lot of highlight shows of defense, they don't get the views, but we'll see.

whiskeyred, raining threes and D-rock like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Love that youtube channel btw, thanks for that. I was too busy watching the action to really notice the comments at the bottom of the screen, but that's a cool feature too.

He's raw, but so is every teenager. Has the ability to play good team/individual defense but you can tell he's never been asked to (or coached to) do it before in his life (he's been the best player on the court since he was in elementary school, I'd imagine, athleticism gets you a long way in those circles) so you can see the fixable lapses.

I now have a 3rd player next to Mobley and Cade to get semi-geeked about. Any others?

D-rock and Mr Woods like this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Any Back up plan without any top 4 pick?

5. Buck Turgidson

Draft the BPA at 19th or trade up

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I just want Green more and more. The league is due for another elite SG in the mold of Kobe or Jordan. Guys who can just outright get buckets and take over games offensively. Cade is a safe choice, Mobley is going to be good but his position hurts him.

8. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

I really like Suggs. He is an animal all over the court. I'm no NBA scout so he may not be a good pro but i love how he was diving for loose balls and making really tight passes. His shot needs some work. I also like Cunningham a lot. Mobley looks good too. I've never watched Green. But it should be a good pick no matter who they pick (in the top 4).

Buck Turgidson and whiskeyred like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

He is raw but very physically gifted as an athlete and has good coordination.

He has risen in some scouts eyes based on his performance in the G League and the comments of the coaching staff in the G League where he is said to have an excellent work ethic and is very mentally inclined towards the game.

He is about 6'6" with a pedestrian wingspan but has the athleticism to become a high end offensive and defensive player.

Personally he looked really raw to me, and he has a lot to work on but he did still find a way to put up points.

His appeal is upside as his explosiveness and IQ lead some to think he will ultimately be the best player in this draft.

If the Rockets draft him, it will likely take him a year or two to be a good player.

10. dmoneybangbang

Mobley has the skills and potential of a number one pick but his frame worries me. Hopefully he's more KG than Jonathon Isaac or Jaren Jackson Jr.

jiggyfly and fckbandwagons like this.
  11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im gonna take it hard if we have to give our pick to OKC. Personally, I'm taking Mobley, Cunningham,Green,Suggs in that order.

Is there date set for lottery?

ElPigto and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

June 22nd is going to be a dark day

Mr Woods and jiggyfly like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Corrosion, Milos and raining threes like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL no, I would not worry about his frame, actually he is pretty well built for his size...hes built almost exactly like young Chris Bosh

18. raining threes

I like Davion Mitchell alot.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden says HELLO.

BigM and D-rock like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not a guy who really knocks guys because of what other guys did at the same program but when was the last time a Duke guy lived up to the billing?

Been some epic bust the last 5 years or so.

D-rock likes this.