1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are getting clowned on "The Jump"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Landry's Tooth

May i suggest spotrac?

You seem to have bad info on the eric Gordon contract...

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright fine, Eric Gordon isnt being paid THAT much more, but he is being paid more and his contract is longer. Its still a comparison that makes no sense. No one is talking about keeping Lavert or Gordon, but Lavert is undoubtedly a better contract.

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What player(s) would you suggest coming back? Rookie contract guy about to get paid, I just don't see him wanting to sign with Houston. I sense our "young" guys who have gotten a chance with us are growing restless as they begin to crave more than just a roster spot. It is only a matter of time before KPJ feels he deserves better, I have seen Wood on social media say "I just want to win" after we had lost 14 straight, if your young guys are getting that frustrated, we may be better off with a very hard reset ourselves. Wood came here to play with Harden and compete. This is an extremely sensitive time for the rebuild, we have had 3 veterans openly ask out, and who knows what EG was requesting prior to injury, but I imagine he wants a chance to win as well. I am leaning towards selling high on Wood/Tate and getting another pick, go very young let the guys develop and not have any animosity towards the franchise or coach. Hopefully they have learned their lesson when it comes to waiting much too long to move their players.

HP3 likes this.
  4. Landry's Tooth

I think you're looking far too short. This isn't a bad team; they've had really tough circumstances.

How many different starting lineups?
    New coach...
    New players...

Give them a chance to settle down and let's see how they do with stability...

"What player(s) would you suggest coming back?"

RFAs that year:
    Ja Morant
    Zion
    RJ Barrett
    Darius Garland

Guys in the last year of their deals:
    Pascal Siakam
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Devin Booker
    Jaylen Brown

Just to name a few...

Say Karl-Anthony Towns wants out. Minnesota would have to find 31.6 million in matching salaries. It's hard to find a team with that and has picks to offer... Most contending teams don't have 30+ million in expiring contracts. But teams that are a player away might...

Spotrac is your friend...

BallSoHarden likes this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

Ok, I looked, Gordon's deal is same length. You're counting the last year that is voidable. Think of it as a club option. That's why you're confused.

Let me put it this way... Levert's best TS% in his career was his rookie season at 55.6%. Eric Gordon has 7 seasons higher than that and 5 worse (not counting his 9 game season due to sample size).

I think Levert's a better rebounder and passer but he's an inefficient scorer.

Just consider basketball reference similarity score puts Iman Shumpert as closest match to Caris Levert over 4 years...

For the record, I think Eric Gordon is overpaid...

6. Landry's Tooth

I think Levert is clearly better, but this is a reasonable comparison... I would say this is a more extreme version of Levert... worse efficiency, bigger contract... The per 36 in their careers are very similar outside of EFG%/TS%. This factors in the end of Turner's career which hasn't happened for Levert yet so it may not be a fair comparison...

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm...urneev01&player_id1=leverca01&sum=0&request=1

7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

It's really quite pathetic what's happened to a team that only a season ago had a pretty respectable year.

The fan base has dwindled, the team is now awful, and of the remaining diehards, half moonlight as Nets fans cheering on Harden and arguing why he should be MVP, while the other half follow the team to mock them and relish in the "tank." It really sucks to be a fan right now.

fryjol7 likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

You are not making any sense here. Why are you comparing Gordon’s contract to Lavert, they have nothing to do with each other and they are not the same level of asset.
    Of course it’s not a fair comparison it makes no sense. Lavert is an asset that is better than Gordon and Oladipo. The comparison have nothing to do with each other. teams are not gonna value Eric Gordon’s the same way they would Value Caris LeVert

9. Landry's Tooth

You suggested Levert should start in front of Gordon, right? Same position... had they picked levert over Oladipo... similar contracts... both overpaid...

I have to ask, are you Caris Levert?

I've never seen so much passion for an average starting nba 2 guard... especially one being paid...

Salvy likes this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's bs when Gordon is having fun, no one is better than Gordon when he is having fun....

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I wouldn't mind a couple of those names, but Towns would be a hard pass for me, him playing with a true #1 overall this year in AE and another max player next to him, and they are still in last place, and we all saw what he did in the playoffs against us. He has had a horrific past year with numerous personal tragedies, so I can't blame the guy, I would much rather keep our pick than go for KAT. I honestly think Wood has more drive and desire to win than Towns at this point. Towns was one of the reasons Butler left as well, the guy is super talented, but will probably never be a winner.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I don’t want Caris Lavert on the team period. I wanted to use him as a trade asset. Think the Oladipo plan....but better

13. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I am going to wait on judging the Rockets. It was no secret Rockets wanted to get 1st round picks for Harden which they did. Are Lavert and Allen or Simmons franchise players to truly replace Harden? I do not think so. Was Dipo our new franchise player? I do not think so and with his expiring contract Rockets simply did not have any leverage. So I am not sure what this Jump crew really expected in return. No one was trading, LBJ, Luka, Giannis caliber player for Harden. So it makes sense to rebuild completely from scratch using the draft and hopefully land a future player that turns into a superstar caliber while keeping intact some core players like Wood and hopefully Tate and Nwaba. When your superstar player leaves for draft picks, it is simply called a rebuild and it starts with tanking.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It really don't matter what the media thinks. They're a joke anyways, they hated us when we were good and make fun of us when we are bad.

bcast89 and saleem like this.
  15. kumizi

kumizi Member

Its pretty simple.

If youre a terrible rebuilding team, would you rather have Levert and Allen or nothing? 99/100 people would say Levert and Allen.

Levert, Allen, Wood at least gives you a pulse. Now the Rockets will be irrelevant for probably a decade.

16. hakeemthagreat

So you actually wanna win this year?

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets deserve to be embarrassed on National TV. They are an embarrassing team at the moment.

18. Landry's Tooth

I don't disagree but leave open the possibility things change...

BallSoHarden likes this.
  19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Do people really watch the Jump though? It always struck me as trash sports TV at its finest. Rachel Nichols comes off as trying too hard to “put on a show for the cameras” and the writers and former players around her seem to be chosen specifically for their cringeworthy takes because laughable takes are apparently more ratings grabbing than good ones- at least until the “bad take generation” is so stupid that good takes finally start to seem cringe-y again. God- what a depressing thought...

saleem likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How did you get that?