1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

International Travel Summer 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by peleincubus, Mar 26, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was planning on going to Asia this summer but that looks less likely unless things change dramatically. I may try to go to Europe instead to catch a Euros game (soccer) and whatever else.

Does anyone else have plans? Or, perhaps you would like to tell me I am an idiot for wanting to go. If so please drop the logistics of what you did to make it happen here. etc. I'll bump the thread from time to time.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Isn’t most of Europe locked down?

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Currently yes. A few countries like Greece are opening very soon. In 3-4 months things hopefully will change though. I don't think a country like Italy will survive too well with no travel two summers in a row.

4. malakas

malakas Member

We already have a vaccination passport program with Israel, the UK and the EU.
    As long as you have been vaccinated with one of the 4 approved vaccines you can travel freely.
    The USA isn't included yet but who knows maybe they will also. There is a lot of money at stake.
    China will only accept arrivals who have been vaccinated with the Sinofarm vaccine.

Otherwise you will have to comply with the rules of each country you visit. You can see the websites for each country.
    For example last year many european countries required you to have with you a certificate of pcr negative test taken in the last 72 hours before arrival, a rapid test on the airport and info about the address you will stay at.

5. Buck Turgidson

Would love to but not yet.

MadMax and No Worries like this.
  6. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

There's a good chance I'll visit Israel for work this summer. Israel is super far ahead of the US in terms of vaccinations as all my Israeli coworkers in their 20s and 30s that I interact with have already had both vaccination shots while I'm 40+ and hoping to get my first one by the end of April.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We've moved our Africa trip from 05/20 to 05/21 to 10/21.

We'll see.......

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was supposed to go to ireland last june and rescheduled for this june but have re-rescheduled for next june.

also, i was supposed to go to spain in september 2017 then harvey hit and i ended up spending my vacation demoing houses in houston.

god/nature does not want me to go to europe.

9. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I'm intrigued with going to Greece this summer. I originally had punted on the idea of going overseas this summer but not having to fight crowds is so appealing. Plus, it is very inexpensive vs previous years due to the lack of demand.

Sajan and malakas like this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d like to go to Hong Kong in June but that seems unlikely. Should be good for November though.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Going to Riviera Maya at the end of June. Pushed it from last Summer to this Spring to this Summer. It's June or never now cause originally when we booked we took a gamble on discounted reservations with a no cancellation policy. Who knew Covid would happen. Luckily we've been able to move it twice but I doubt a third time. Not too worried though cause we'll both be vaccinated, but not the kids. So we'll definitely mask at the airport and probably will rent a car so we can avoid the bus with others.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Malta to pay visitors in bid to revive tourism
    Malta plans to offer foreign visitors a handout of up to €200 euros if they stay at least three days on the Mediterranean island this summer, Reuters reports.
    Tourists booking accommodation at a five-star hotel will get €100 from Malta's Tourism Authority, which will be matched by the hotel for a total of €200.
    In a similar arrangement, those opting for a four-star hotel will receive a total of €150 and those booking a three-star hotel will receive €100 euros.

:D:D

Maybe I should consider it.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Stay away from Palestinians as they are largely not vaccinated for some reason.

ROCKSS and Cokebabies like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sounds exciting. Have you been there before? Where do you plan on going?

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Have you been to Ireland? I've been going there since 2012 and keep going back. I love it there. I was supposed to go back last year and had to cancel. I can't wait to go back. It's been almost 3 years now and I am missing it.

MadMax and jo mama like this.
  16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i have not and there were so many places i had on my travel wish-list above it (including scotland), but after researching i got really excited for the trip. a friend i grew up with lives in dublin and he is getting married so thats what im going for (wedding has been re-rescheduled for next june).

im going for two weeks and the plan is dublin then head to galway and then a couple nights on innishmore (one of the aran islands). ring of kerry in the SW looks amazing too, but im going to save that for another trip as it seems like you could easily spend a couple weeks there.

what are your favorite places?

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You can't go wrong anywhere you go really, but the SW is my favorite, from the Dingle peninsula to the Beara peninsula. The wild west all around Galway is nice. You should have fun. Achill Island in the NW is really cool, and Fanad Head in the north is nice. But, I've spent weeks all over the country and like anywhere I go. The Wicklow Mountains near Dublin are nice. If you like traditional music the Cobblestone in Dublin is a must. No gimmicks, just locals coming in to jam. Grab some fish and chips at Leo Burdock, near the wharf, which is as traditional as it gets. See the masses of deer in Phoenix Park in Dublin. Honestly, I have no doubt you will love Ireland. If you ever head SE I can always recommend some of the best scenic drives and really cool towns and beaches. Scotland is awesome as well.

#17 deb4rockets, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    jo mama likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

peleincubus likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No Asia for me until Summer 2022. Costa Rica and Belize. I have always wanted to go to CR!

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Was thinking to go to CR but their cases are spiking.