1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone and Silas Are The Worst Hires Ever!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Mar 25, 2021.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

This is embarrassing.....I have tried to be positive because I thought these guys had a plan. THERE IS NO PLAN!!! They are just wing it....Silas crying because he lost a game???? We should have hired Doc Rivers!!! We should have traded with the 76ers for Simmons and Thybulle. We are lucky that KPJ fell in our lap. Today was a embarrassing to be a rocket fan. Only thing we have going for us is Wood and KPJ. It seem hopeless today.

D-rock and kevtse like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Nah, it would’ve helped with the tank. Also he just hit a gamewinner a couple days ago so it’s not like it sidelined him that long.

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Sam Cassel needed to be the coach Silas is a great assistant

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Stone is good. Remember he has had 0 leverage to deal with

5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

These guys have to pull the absolute GOAT offseason to have someone paying attention next year.
    20 effing years behind this team night after night and we get this unwatchable shitshow for our patience.

Fertita is the most negligent owner I´ve ever seen, we have defended every move made since he got here, but there is no more bad stories to defend this. We suck and really bad.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well,

when you go into a Cicis Pizza buffet and looking for healthy food option, obviously you can't ask them to serve you a grilled organic salmon isn't it?

7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I must give Stone credit for Wood, Tate and Covington for two picks. What are you going to do with all of those picks? Only fault i have with Stone he tries to place the players where they want to go. What??? HE should have use two picks and traded for someone.....so we can lose this year and let the young players play with KPJ and Wood for now and get a good draft...I thought those guys had a plan.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

It was a sign and trade so yes it was a trade. Again, just because you say something doesn't make it true. Covington is a 30 yr old role player Wood is a 25 yr old borderline allstar. What do you mean next? LMAO. You can't say **** except next cuz even you know that's a great trade. You made all that crap about Simmons well Simmons woulda cost Harden Wood just cost Covington who nobody really gives a crap about. Obviously simmons is better than Wood but Wood costs like 1/3 of Simmons and still gives you 20 and 12 with stretch shooting. Just on that alone your post makes no sense. Why don't you make a poll asking if the Covington Wood trade isn't that good and see how many agrees with you?

Stop straight up lying 30 yr old putting up 8 and 9 for 25 yr old 20 and 10 + a protected FRP. If you don't think that's not a great deal you just dumb AF.

Nah you clearly said Westbrook is better so take the L. Westbrook is easier to move based on what? You have no proof on that just spouting crap. So what if the dude won't dislike WB I'd still take that 2nd rounder over nothing that's a useless point. Don't use stats just to prove your point then disregard it when its convenient. None of the crap you say have any basis now just focusing on the downsides ignoring the upsides.

You just keep insisting crap trying to turn black into white.

How much is a protected 2nd rounder worth? You still haven't answered the question how many teams would use a protected 2nd rounder to get KPJ right now? Cleveland themselves used 4 second rounders to get him despite his issues so get rekt.

Same to you this is pathetic.

#68 roslolian, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The organization is all about expiring contracts and saving money... the organization is all about expiring contracts and saving money... the organization is still all about expiring contracts and saving money...

Richie_Rich and Hank McDowell like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

So far they are both miserable failures. Albeit under some pretty tough conditions but I have zero confidence in either. I think Silas deserves a fair shot next year but I don’t want Stone or anyone in our front office making decisions about out draft picks.

D-rock likes this.
  11. lalala902102001

This offseason will be make or break for Stone. If he doesn't do well in the draft it's over for him. Some people are just not NBA GM materials.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

"On November 24, 2020, Wood was signed-and-traded (to a three-year, $41-million contract) from the Pistons to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Trevor Ariza, the draft rights to Isaiah Stewart, a future second round pick, and cash considerations." That's not the same thing as a regular trade. Stop with these disingenuous arguments. We gave him the most money so he come here. Its not an AMAZING trade. It simply isnt. He freed up cap space to get Wood to sign here. Signing him was good. But we didnt get two first rounders AND him in a trade. You are flat out lying. So YEA, NEXT. Simmons is a way better asset than Wood and whatever else Philly could have offered if we pressed them enough. I didnt say it was bad. Im just saying its not amazing. ITS NOT A COVINGTON WOOD TRADE LOL. You traded Covington for picks and Wood signed and traded to come here. Anyone could have got that deal for Covington, that is what Im trying to tell you.

Except that's not what happend, and if you dont see that, than you are bind.

Westbrook is better. The minute difference in stats when the dude came back from Covid tells it all. Look at Westbrook's recent play, he's getting healthier and he looks much better than Wall who only looks worse as this goes on. THE DUDE HAS TO GET HIS KNEE SCOPED LOL. Sure buddy, that second rounder will be better than whatever you could have traded Westbrook for later in his contract/s. Im not disregarding stats. But stats without context is meaningless. And RAPTOR only has Westbrook slight ahead, same with EPM(total minute difference). PIPM(also known as LEBRON) has Westbrook straight up better than Wall.

What? Im telling you there is a reason they gave him away FOR NOTHING. Mental health issues are not something you can just up and ignore. This is ridiculous nonsense.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

ALL Stone's decision is questionable.
    Wes for Wall & one FDP. who is Wall? The garbage contract!
    Harden for 4 FDP. The MVP? u should bring two core young players at least .
    Oladiop for ?
    U can make some bad decision , but u can't do all bad decision

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

A sign and trade is still a trade dumbass why do you think it has TRADE in the name? Who cares if it is a regular or special trade its still a trade. And why does it matter what its called? What is the distinction between freeing up space so he can sign from trading for him in a sign and trade? You are the one lying here I don't know what point you are trying to make. The point is the Rockets lost Covington and got Wood and a FRP who care about semantics? Without trading Covington Wood wouldn't be able to sign so again whats your point? Anybody can trade Covington but nobody else got CWood and FRP for him so again whats your point? Ask anybody right now if they think Robert Covington is good return for C Wood and a protected first round pick. I'd be surprised if anybody says that's a good deal for the Rockets.

I never said the Rox got 2 picks and Wood I said they got Wood and a FRP you are either lying or dumb as ****. Stop lying just to prove you are right.

See how you are lying? Your own stats say Wall is better. I bet you spent all that looking for any and all stats that say WB is otherwise so you can keep your lies. Ask Clutch if he'd rather have WB or Wall and a pick. I don't care how "well" WB is playing at 41M a year he ain't getting move till he is an expiring same as JWall. Just stop.

So what he cost nothing in the end. How much is the value of a protected 2nd rounder? You keep saying a first rounder is trash but now you act like a protected second rounder is a high cost. Getting KPJ for NOTHING (protected 2nd rounder) is the definition of low risk high reward. I'm not ignoring his mental issues like you are ignoring his potential and the cost to acquire him. He hasn't shown any problems so far so why are you acting like he is going crazy every game? Lets talk about his mental problems when he goes crazy otherwise stfu.

The ridiculous nonsense is all the crap you keep saying.

#74 roslolian, Mar 25, 2021
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I also don’t want somebody telling me that some pizza from Cici’s is some 5 star food...that’s what OP is doing by calling Levert and Allen stars

they are old Cici’s slices sitting under the heat lamp, and OP is trying to tell us they’re gourmet pizza with the finest quality and ingredients...

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Yes hes has, dont make the trade.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, fine if you wanna name call so be it, but this is the last time Im going to be respectful. A sign and trade is not the same as a regular trade. He didnt have to really negotiate with Detroit because A. He wanted to come here and B. Detroit didnt want to pay him. The distinction is, most gms could get that value for Robert Covington in his prime. Its not an amazing deal. Getting Christian Woods to sign here is nice but its not indicative that a person is good at making trades from it. Its not semantics, its context. We did not get a FRP and Wood in a trade. We payed him the most money and likely offered him the biggest role as well.

Im not lying. You are just not understanding the context. And again with the name calling.

What? There are more than one metrics to judge players. And health is also an important context to judge players as well. No not all stats. Clutch can have his opinion. I have my own. WB is a better player than Wall and he is less injury prone and easier to move. Most teams will likely rather have Westbrook and he will likely get moved before Wall. He's better. That pick also will likely not convey as Washington is a trash franchise like us.

Dude, you are acting like he's some amazing get when he has mental health issues. That's not something you can call an amazing deal, especially when Cleveland gave him away for free. There is a reason they did that. The dude has been kicked off of every team he has played for. I want him to succeed. But his situation is a volatile one you cant ignore that and be like "NUH UH STONE GREAT STFU"

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Puzzling, but Stone isn't Morey. And Silas isn't Mike, Rick,JVG, JB , etc.. (McHale doesn't count as a coach)

The Vic trade wasn't the best offer, but somehow, he got a "solid" from us by going to the team he always wanted to go to...

AB doesn't want to be here (duh)

And, there were minor deals available to get rid of House for an expiring. Why keep DH if this is the direction? Same with whispers of Sterling. If anything, why not let a good guy go play on a contender and get a pick in return?

The journey used to be great. There is no longer a journey in Houston. There's a dirt road without direction.

I don't expect AB to be a Rocket,nor did I think DH would be here due to the slight interest.

And, unfortunately, I don't think our guys are thrilled to be Rockets. It isn't spilling over yet, but as you can imagine and see, the locker room and "belief" in ____ isn't good. Yikes.

Welp, at least Boogie left in time.

Wish you well

itzIce, Mr Woods, Deuce and 7 others like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bruh you have short term memory or something? How many names have called me in the past?

CWood got paid the most money cuz the Rockets made that sign and trade. They traded ARIZA for him remember? Ariza makes around what CWood is making so without that trade Rox couldn't pay him anything as they are capped out. It's not a case of trading Covington and then signing Wood, its trading Covington for Ariza and 2 picks and then trading Ariza+a pick for Wood. It's a trade and a sign and trade or in short trading Covington for Wood and a FRP. A sign and trade isn't a regular trade but it is a trade thats why it has trade in the name. Plus, its all semantics in the end anybody you trade for you need to convince to stay on the team like Dipo already said he signing with the Heat when he got traded here.

Again that pick will 100% convey as it becomes a 2nd round pick. There is no chance it will not convey. I asked you how is Covington better than Wood and those stats are what you gave. Now you are saying there are other factors oh gee whiz. WB being better doesnt mean he is easy to move. Contract is what makes them easy to move not just playing ability. Both guys are overpaid and so are tough to move no matter what. You can prove WB is better than Wall but he isn't easier to move cuz even now WB is extremely overpaid and the entire league knows that. Nobody is saying WB is tradable in fact everyone is saying Wizards are stuck with him so no he isn't easy to move.

Wizards themselves would love to move WB for expirings so they can build around Beal they can't cuz WB is making 41M for the next 3 years. You have to provide proof multiple teams want WB on their team to show he is easier to move he isn't on any trade rumors cuz everyone knows WB is untradable at this point.

Cleveland giving him away for free is a good thing not a bad thing. We aren't cleveland we are the ones who got him for free. You understand what free means? Why do you mean when you say "you can't ignore his mental issues"? Are you saying because he is a mental risk he isn't worth a protected 2nd rounder? Even with his mental issues thats a risk pretty much every other team would make. Cleveland paid like 4 second rounders for that risk that shows you how much they value him despite his risk.

#79 roslolian, Mar 25, 2021
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Baaaaaaang