1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo to Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 25, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

aka the usual losers on the board. ok makes sense

but onto the most important news, how about that return for dipo eh? LMAO

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Popeye Jones looking like he just saw the Oladipo trade. :D

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Problem now is that everyone knows Stone will blink. I like Stone a lot, but he got crushed on this trade. He should be embarrassed.

Nook, BHannes2BHonest, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you're saying Harden would have remained a Rocket or Stone would have had to take Sixers deal?

This story just keeps getting WORSE.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

at this point, all I can say is that at least he’s gone and I don’t have to see people talking about the Rockets buying him out

6. raining threes

If they wanted better trade value, they should have kept Lavert, Allen and traded them at the deadline. Stone f'ed this up badly.

PWR likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

In the end I don't care, but it was bargain basement deal. Oladipo may stay in Miami, but he's going to decide where he plays you can book that. He's sick of being a cast away. Yet, that's what he is. He hasn't been able to perform like a reliable all star which is all anyone wants.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Are we buying out Bradley?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

This won't be the last we'll be hearing about Dipo though. I can already see it. Watch what happens when dipo has his first good game in Miami

BHannes2BHonest, hakeem94 and Reeko like this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I can’t think of any reason why we wouldn’t. He’s redundant and unnecessary for this roster.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

To who?

What teams right now would have traded what for a $16 million dollar 6th man coming back from kidney surgery?
    Or for big man who doesn't shoot 3pt and is due for a new contract this summer and will no doubt go to the highest bidder?

vator likes this.
  12. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Cant even get a ****ing 2nd rd pick. Gawd, i endured watching games with Oladipo and this is what we get? Worse than the Pj tucker deal

Bo6 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What are the protections on the pick swap?

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The reason you can't make it up is because it's wrong.

It was Levert/Allen/Prince OR Dipo, Bucks first ... which became Bucks first, Olynyk, Bradley, Heat swap. Bradley may net you something this summer, but not major.

Also, while understandably its not "right" to include Kevin Porter Jr. as what you got back, it is simply factual that the trade of Allen/Prince to Cleveland is what led to Kevin Porter Jr. being on the Rockets. And sure, he's no Brandon Ingram or Shai, but he's 2-3 years younger and the upside is insane, imo.

Finally, again not "right" to say this year's own Rockets pick should be included as what you get back, but in the event their own pick ends up being top 4 and they get to keep it, I'm absolutely including it, as the particular string of events would have led directly to that.

This isn't me trying to be an optimist. I'd much rather have 10 more first round picks, or Tyler Herro, or I guess Duncan Robinson (though honestly... meh on a bad team).

But if my choices are:

LeVert/Allen/Prince or Bucks first, Heat swap, Kevin Porter Jr. and keeping a top 4 pick this year, I choose choice B. Depending on how Kevin Porter Jr. turns out I probably choose choice B even if they don't get the top 4 pick.

But if you think there's a scenario where the Rockets STILL end up with KPJ and STILL have as good a shot at a top 4 pick as they currently do had they kept LeVert/Allen/Prince... then absolutely, crap GM'ing.

heypartner likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

it isn't wrong. The rockets could have had those 3 and in the end ended up with the latter 2. The only thing that led KPJr. being on the rockets is his baby tantrum he threw in the locker room along with all his other drama and the rockets being desperate enough to take a flyer on a young player because they suck that bad

16. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

embarrassing performance from Stone, but let´s not forget Patrick and the Fertita family getting into the baskeball side of operations.
    Awesome performance from great leaders.

You may bet that Morey´s plan B did not involve embarrassing the fan base. Clutch and the gang were defending the team on twitter against anyone and they were let down.

17. JayZ750

reports were that 2nd round picks were offered but the Rockets preferred what they got. Which I agree with generally. Rather be able to swap the Nets pick next year for the Heat's pick personally... and if it isn't required cause the Nets suck more than expected... OR the Heat are amazing, then another gamble that doesn't pay off.

18. JayZ750

It is wrong for the reasons I laid out.

At its core, to show how wrong it is, there is NO SCENARIO EVER where they had LeVert, Allen and Dipo.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's cause they were stupid enough to not keep the better assets. And in the end, ended up with the other 2. Good stuff

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tyler Perry couldn't sell that storyline to Oprah.

Nook likes this.